Anyone want to start C25K with me?

Options
1235»

Replies

• christibam
    christibam Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Did you say your chest was a bit iffy? If you aren't feeling 100% maybe you should take it a bit easier Christi. Don't want you making yourself really ill!

I didn't really notice it till after I did my 40 minute run lol. I left feeling totally fine besides the typical allergy tickle in my throat that I get in the mornings when pollen is high. My lungs are so itchy now that I just want to slap them on the table and itch the crap out of them.
  • mdh1127
    mdh1127 Posts: 93
    Options
    I have done the program once before and then got away from running for awhile. I started it again recently and yesterday was my first day of week 4. It is a great program to get you motivated to run. Good luck to all!
  • Ratchett13
    Ratchett13 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I tried to start this program last night. I decided to take my dog sadie out and get her some exercise... but her big ol' butt was dragging behind me.. I was literally pulling her! I thought it was supposed to be the other way around.... so now I know I gotta push through this. Not for me really, but for her. Poor thing... I'm clipping her nails tonight and taking her for a nice walk. Then tomorrow we are gonna give W1D1 another shot :0)
  • christibam
    Options
    I take my puppy for 2 mile walks a few days a week but I can't run with him. He thinks it's play time and I'm worried he's going to get hurt running in front of me. Like I might step on him or something. Or that I might just fall down into the river or out into the road because I try not to step on him. Running time is just for me... I guess it's a good thing though because I get more exercise taking him and then going out alone later.
  • KristalDawnO
    KristalDawnO Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I would really like to do this with you guys!!! Please sign me up :):) I'll start today!!
  • MusicalRunner
    Options
    So lovely to see so many running!

In work today and the girls have dance lessons tonight so won't have time to get out. But will fit in my callanetics dvd at some point this evening instead. Feeling a bit stiff after yesterday's mammoth effort, so the stretching will be good for me.

I don't have a pet dog to run with, but we do have four guinea pigs. Not sure how they would get on jogging on their teeny legs beside me though... hehe.
  • christibam
    Options

I don't have a pet dog to run with, but we do have four guinea pigs. Not sure how they would get on jogging on their teeny legs beside me though... hehe.

ROFL

Aug+10%252C+2011-12.jpg

g11.jpg
  • MusicalRunner
    Options
    Loving the pics! Ours do have harnesses and the girls do actually take them walks - honestly! The pigs love it!

The bottom piggy looks a lot like one of ours - her name is Ditzy. She's bonkers. Her hair is WILD!
  • MusicalRunner
    Options
    Is everyone still going?

Run this morning was just amazing. Had boundless energy, ran the fastest I have and felt like I could have run far longer than the hour. Just brilliant.

My last two runs were just torture - like trying to run through treacle. This one more than made up for them!
  • jayne_mel
    jayne_mel Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm doing something similar. It's called the Color Run. At each K they pelt you with colored powder; big party at the end!

I'm doing the color run too! What city are you doing it in? I'm in Kansas City, it's not until July 1.

I want to do this!
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    i finished c21m and am now waiting on my knee to heal some...other wise i would
  • mrsjaxn84
    mrsjaxn84 Posts: 6
    Options
    I finished w5 day 2 this morning and it was pretty tough. I don't know what went wrong but when I was finished I couldn't feel the toes of my right foot. They were completely numb.
  • jcfitnesspal
    Options
    How are you doing? I am interested in starting this and I am needing motivation. My husband mentioned it to me and I think it would be good. Thanks.
  • pet1127
    pet1127 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Can I join in? Doing couch to 10k but could do with the encouragement. Can't find anyone else doing the 10k programme on here.

Am moving into wk4 which is when things really get going... (eek!)
    I just finished the C25K and continueing on with the C210K will be picking up at week 9 day 2 its the same as week 9 on the C25K
  • Siekobilly
    Siekobilly Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    How are you doing? I am interested in starting this and I am needing motivation. My husband mentioned it to me and I think it would be good. Thanks.
    I've been doing it for a while (repeating weeks a lot), and I'm loving it. Used to get winded just walking a mile, and now I'm jogging about 1.5 miles. I'm stuck in Week 3 right now though, as Week 4 is a huge jump.