250-300lb friends needed!

Options

Replies

• Beatlegirl66
    Beatlegirl66 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you! I began at 288 on January 2 of this year and I am now 256. It does seem that a lot of my friends on here are in the 100's and do not have much to lose in comparison to me.

Sara S.
  • steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I started out at 332 pounds and am down to 253 pounds currently. Looking to get to 175 and see how I feel at that point. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • jennie0918
    jennie0918 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    hey feel free to add me. i'm not gonna say my weight on here lol but like i'll just tell you that i'm around where you are. and have a ways to go:)
  • kittzle
    kittzle Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    You can do this girl!!!!!!!

I started at 315, and am damn proud of myself today as I hit the 40 lbs lost mark with a fancy looking 275 on that scale :)

Just wanted to add some motivation :)
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I don't like to admit but I am in that range too. I was at 272 and now at 260 and can't break past 260 at the moment. Feel free to add me.
  • tmpayton
    tmpayton Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    HI! I am just beginning my journey as well. I started at 288 and would like to be lighter by 100 lbs by this time next year. :smile: add me as a friend and we can provide support to each other. Weekends so far kill me....
  • mrshoneybear1014
    mrshoneybear1014 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I am 307 - add me :D
  • Mommapea2012
    Mommapea2012 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    296 here
  • slparsaca
    slparsaca Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    264lbs here...feel free to add me! :)
  • kaw1120
    kaw1120 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would like to join the group, but am new to this program.
  • livinginwoods
    livinginwoods Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Well over 300 lbs here but would still like friends. Add me if you wish. :)
  • Talieowl
    Talieowl Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm in this boat, too, and looking to find inspiration again--and maybe some folks who understand some if the frustrations, too.
  • Ladylusiphur
    Ladylusiphur Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Wow! So many replies overnight and tons of friend requests too! I'm honoured to have you all. :)

And lots from people outside the range, which is brilliant. I initially just hoped to find more people who have similar goals to me, but that doesn't mean I'd turn down anybody outside of that. I've been over 300lb myself and I know how hard it is and how much of a struggle it can be.

I'll work through the friend requests on here after work, but just wanted to say thanks anyway!

I may also have a bit of a rant about 'Fattism', the last acceptable prejudice it would appear. A friend of mine is being bullied due to her size online and in real life, and nobody seems to give a monkey.
  • ravenrob1
    ravenrob1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started at 263. I am at 251 now. I have at least 30 more to go. Add me if you would like.:smile:
  • jillybean_1171
    Options
    I would LOVE some friends and fall into this category as well (although - truth be told - I wish I didn't ...)
    Just started on my MFP journey but have dieted off and on for years - never finding the "magic" that made it all work.
    256 starting weight. At 5'1" ... that's a lot to lose ...

Looking forward to meeting new friends ... thanks for the post! :)
  • sixela0827
    Options
    Hi im alexis, 31 living in canada. im at my heaviest near the 270 mark, i quit smoking and gained 25 pounds, really desperate to get under 200 for once in my life! i LOVE meeting new people pls feel free to add me! you are all so inspiring!
  • Talieowl
    Talieowl Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Yes, "fattism" is alive and doing far too well. I travel a lot for my job. Yes, I know it sucks to be stuck in the middle seat next to me. You know what, it sucks even more to be me wedged into a small seat designed for a child's butt. Then, there are the stares and glares. And now it's working its way into the official workplace with "disounts" to those who maintain a certain BMI and blood pressure and counts. And guess what--it's not motivating to those of us who already know we need to lose weight.

End of rant.

On another note: What are your eating and exercise goals? What gets in the way of you meeting them? What are you going to do with those challenges?
  • melbot24
    melbot24 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I started at 275 last May and I just weighed in at 199 this morning.
    It's hard and it will suck the first few months.
    But go head and start out for all the wrong reasons...because you want to make someone jealous, because you want to be able to get someone you never thought you could, because you want to wear a hot outfit. I started because someone made fun of me for not being able to run and I thought "I'll show them".

Eventually...it will turn into something so much more.
    You will feel powerful and confident because you are being picky about what you're putting into your body.
    You feel a sense of fulfillment not from eating but from setting a small goal and achieving it.
    You'll wonder what else you can accomplish.
    And then all those small efforts will compound on top of each other to create something bigger than you thought possible.

Good luck :)
  • phy40
    phy40 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    All of us are on a weight loss journey. It doesn't matter what your weight is when you start. The beauty of this journey is, "It doesn't matter when you start; What matters most are the results when you FINISH!" Remember, Never settle for less than the BEST!
  • ladyfingers39
    Options
    That would be me! Anyone can add me :)