What's for dinner tonight?

Options
mzhokie
mzhokie Posts: 349 Member
Planning meals gets to me much more now that I'm responsible for calorie counts too! What are your go to meals that you make.

Replies

• ChristinaBarnhouse
    ChristinaBarnhouse Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    BUMP! I have the same problem!! :)
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I have NO idea what to make tonight so I will be checking this often today to get some ideas!
  • OccupyFitness
    Options
    I have this huge snap lock Tupperware that I fill with salad. Then I get all sorts of toppings - hard boiled eggs, cheddar, slivered almonds, feta, grilled chicken, taco meat, salsa, sour cream, avocado, apples...

Every day I can quickly build a different salad for each meal. It is easy to calorie count and I don't get bored.
  • megmo_7
    megmo_7 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Tonight is turkey meatloaf, roasted butternut squash and 3 oz of a sweet potato.

I use the lean 93/7 ground turkey, salsa (I use hot because I love heat), onion, red and yellow pepper diced, 3 egg whites, and about a 1/2 cup of italian bread crumbs. Low in fat and insanely filling! If you have calories to spare i love melting a slice of swiss cheese on top of my slice.
  • Val_from_OH
    Val_from_OH Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    We are having not the healthiest dinner tonight, but it fits into my plan:

Tyson breaded chicken patties with american cheese on a kaiser roll
    Bush's best baked beans
    Salad (?)
    Broccoli
  • pinkiekat
    pinkiekat Posts: 39
    Options
    I love the salad idea. I keep saying I'm going to try and eat atleast one salad a day.. This idea would help me out a lot. One of my favorite dinners is turkey burgers cooked on the grill with sweet potato fries. another is lemon pepper chicken and veggies.
  • atamrowski
    atamrowski Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    No idea on "What's for dinner tonight". I'm thinking "fend for yourself" night.
  • kriztyn723
    Options
    Organic Spring Mix salad... 1/2 avocado sliced, craisins, feta cheese (tomato basil flavor) and ground chicken (Seasoned with garlic salt and chicken flavoring) and 2 tbsp balsamic vin dressing.

YUMYUM!!!
  • gehlerc
    gehlerc Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I have some boneless, skinless chicken breasts thawed out, and it's a long work day so I'll be keeping it simple:

Low-cal oven-"fried" chicken (coat the chicken in plain yogurt, coat with seasoned, crumbled corn flakes, bake)
    Tossed salad (green leaf lettuce + romaine lettuce + fresh tomatoes + low-cal dressing)
    A steamed green vegetable (from frozen--we keep a bunch on hand)
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Tonight I have my run club so i am going to have to grab a sandwich, or maybe a 6inch Turkey Sub. Need some carbs and protein before my run!

Afterwards it will be pretty late so I will probably just have a yogurt.
  • girl_afraid82
    girl_afraid82 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Tonight I shall be having either baked trout or salmon (have to check which one has a shorter expiry when I get in!) with baby new potatoes and steamed vegetables.
    Not the most exciting dinner, but it's yummy honest! I like to bake fish that I have seasoned with low fat butter, lemon juice and chili flakes... wrapped in foil to keep the moisture in.

I always plan ahead if I can... I hate getting to the end of the day and having too few calories for what I fancy eating!
  • hongruss
    hongruss Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I always try to have something in mind the night before, tonight we will have.

Wholewheat Spaghetti, with Tuna, garlic & onion pasta sauce & steamed broccolli & sweetcorn. Simple & filling :)

Russ
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    My family helps me plan out the meal for the week. Once their choices are made, I look at the recipe and make healthier or non/low-fat ingredient substitutions and then grocery shop for the week. Sometimes I'll make two side dishes and only eat the veggie or fruit, etc.
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Chicken & Cilantro mini wontons, edamame, and a oriental vegetable mix.
  • ItsVJ
    ItsVJ Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Pan-seared tilapia with herbs and a little parmesan cheese, sauteed spinach with garlic, olive oil and a little white wine vinegar and steamed carrots with a smidge of butter and brown sugar...

And a glass of caffeine-free iced tea sweetened with Splenda.

YUM!
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat spaghetti with a home made venison spaghetti sauce. And a sprinkling of mozzarella and Parmesan.
  • breyn2004
    breyn2004 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Tonight is "southwest beef and bean burger wraps"!!

http://dailyhealthyrecipes.com/southwestern-beef-and-bean-burger-wraps/

And I repeatedly have the same problem. It seems like such a pain to decide what to have for dinner everyday and NOT have to stop at the store on the way home. So last week I printed a calendar and planned out ALL of our dinners for the next 3 weeks and made a grocery list and picked up all the groceries. So now I not only save time by not stopping at the store several times a week, but no more trying to decide what to have! And we don't have to eat that exact meal on the exact day, but there's no question on what we have available. Three days into it and I LOVE IT!!
  • dmdakd
    dmdakd Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Grilled pork chop, small sweet potato and grilled zucchini (my current favorite).
  • 4gr8kids
    4gr8kids Posts: 20
    Options
    Even if you don't like mayonnaise, this is yummy and easy!
    Start with boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Slice them, butterfly style, to decrease thickness. Put into baking pan-- no grease needed if using real mayo. Slather with mayo on both sides.
    Top with a mixture of chili powder, brown sugar and salt. OR granulated chicken bouillon and garlic powder, or any other spices/herbs you like.
    Bake at 375 for approximately 1/2 hour. Check often so that it doesn't get over done, which makes chicken rubbery.

The mayo only makes it moist. Adds no flavor of its own.
  • MsMarketeer
    MsMarketeer Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have this huge snap lock Tupperware that I fill with salad. Then I get all sorts of toppings - hard boiled eggs, cheddar, slivered almonds, feta, grilled chicken, taco meat, salsa, sour cream, avocado, apples...

Every day I can quickly build a different salad for each meal. It is easy to calorie count and I don't get bored.

I do that too! It is so much easier to make a meal with all the ingredients ready to go! Preparation is key. You can NOT be successful without planning to be successful.

FIT IS NOT AN ACCIDENT!

My favorite meals are extra lean meatloaf and Baked-pulled chicken breast (great on baked potatoes, salads, sandwiches or just by itself.