not feeling full

Options
2»

Replies

• mobskee
    mobskee Posts: 200
    Options
    I have the same issue and am still struggling with it. I recently learned a trick that seems to be helping. When I know that I've had what I think is a decent portion, I put my tools down and walk away. By tools I'm referring to the plate and fork :smile: I feel like it's a psychological thing...once you put your tools down you're telling yourself that you're done. Then I have to walk away. Sometimes I want to come back for more so bad but I just find something else to do that distracts me from the food. I do agree with the replies though...it's definitely a head game. There's been so many times when I can't breath because I'm so full but I still go back for more. Not sure why we do that to ourselves :blushing:

Another thing that helps me is making a cup of tea when I feel like I want more food specially mint (seems to be a good appetite suppressant for me)
  • sniperzzzz
    sniperzzzz Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Try eating more protein less carbs. Protein lean meats are much more satisfying and will fill you up much more.
    Personally i find carbs are easy to put away, high in kcals and always leave me wanting more the more i eat.
    Im not suggesting a low carb diet here, what im saying is cut them back a bit IF they are high. 200g -250g a day is a
    good starting point. I try to limit mine to 150g.