any breakfast ideas?

Options

Replies

• ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    This probably wouldn't count as "healthy" in some eyes, I seem to have good results when I have a protein breakfast, so I have two (real!) eggs, dry fried; and either a slice of toast or a small microwaved potato (potato has less sodium) and a dry-fried sliced fresh tomato. Lots of black pepper.

Works for me :-)
  • kfitzsi1
    kfitzsi1 Posts: 1
    Options
    I love making cooked oatmeal with cinnamon. nutmeg, and fresh clove with a little honey for sweetness. I also include a boiled egg for protein. Keeps you full until lunch time!
  • feistyhorsegal
    feistyhorsegal Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Ezekiel 4:9 - Cinnamon Raisin Bread, 1 slice

Laughing Cow Cheese, Light, 1 wedge (smeared on Ezekiel cinnamon raisin toast)

Tropicana Trop50 - Orange Juice 50% Less Sugar, Pulp Free

Homemade - Sauteed Onion & Sweet Pepper, 1/2 cup cooked

Egglands Best - Egg White, 1 egg white - eggs are scrambled

Eggland's Best - Eggs, Cage Free Large Brown, 1 Whole Egg

Generic Hass - Avacado Raw 1/5 Slice, 1/5 slice

my god that is a lot to eat for breakfast!!
  • Bikini_Bound150
    Bikini_Bound150 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Search "South Beach Quiche Cups". I make a whole bunch of these at a time and freeze them until I'm ready to eat them, then I just pop them in the microwave for a minute. They are AWESOME and totally customizable.
  • feistyhorsegal
    feistyhorsegal Posts: 109 Member
    Options

My Gosh that is a lot to eat for breakfast.
  • kflynn28147
    kflynn28147 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Try the precooked bacon at Walmart and 1 whole scrambled egg with spray in pan on 2X Fiber Bread good.
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I make these for those mornings I sleep in. I also like them for a dessert or snack. 116 cal/bar and 4gm of fibre. http://www.dairygoodness.ca/recipes/morning-glory-breakfast-bars
    Wow they sound so delicious, going to make some - love the carrot and pineapple in them - these will be great for my son to take to uni for lunch :-)
  • digitalsteel
    digitalsteel Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    lol, is it weird that I just ate one of the laughing cow cheese wedges for breakfast by itself today
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    My absolute favorite oatmeal:

Pumpkin pie oatmeal
    1/2 cup low fat milk
    3/4 cup water
    1/2 cup old fashioned large flake oats
    1 pinch cinnamon
    1 pinch nutmeg
    1/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
    1/4 cup almonds
    splenda, to taste (Or stevia, or sugar)
    1/4 cup water
    1 scoop vanilla whey protein (~25 g protein)

Small pot, bring milk and water to a boil. Add the oats, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally. (takes 7-10 minutes) Once liquid is absorbed, add pumpkin, almonds and sugar.
    Combine 1/4 cup water with protein powder and mix until protein powder is dissolved. Mix in with oatmeal. This is either 1 large serving or two small servings

Macros for this are (large serving):
    Cals: 575
    Fat: 22.7
    Carbohydrates: 50.5
    Protein: 42

Divide by two for a small serving. I usually eat half on my workout day and the other half my next workout day. It's absolutely delicious and takes nearly no time at all.
    Taken from: Gourmet Nutrition

I concur that this is freaking amazing. I make mine slightly different, and I prefer steel cut oats, but pumpkin pie oatmeal is freaking AWESOME. It's really really good if you soak it all together overnight and just eat it (uncooked) in the morning. It's like eating pumpkin.freaking.pie when it's cold!! :)

Okay, you've sold me. I love pumpkin pie-- especially cold!
  • celticgladiator
    celticgladiator Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    half cup each of quinoa, pearled barley, millet, steel cut oats, amaranth with 5 or 6 cups water...cook covered in an ceramic vessel in microwave one hour at power level 2 or in a crockpot on low overnight...cool and cut into 6 or 8 portions...refrigerate...warm and season a portion each day...cinnamon, diced banana, brown sugar, diced apple, etc...with or without skin milk. This is an awesome low sodium :smile: complex carbohydrate meal...great slow energy release with good fiber...will zap appetite for several hours...

sounds great
  • lucylorelei
    lucylorelei Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    1 cup cooked quinoa with cinnamon and 1 tsp brown sugar or honey. Cook a diced apple iin the microwave and stir in. Yummy. And best thing, you can cook up a lot of quinoa in advance and refrigerate.
  • desertpea
    desertpea Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of smoked salmon with light cottage cheese on a multi-grain or wholemeal muffin.
  • digitalsteel
    digitalsteel Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    oh, I almost forgot, my chocolate brownie recipe actually makes a very good breakfast bar

•1 Stick Butter
    •4 oz Unsweetened Chocolate
    •1/2 cup Unsweetened Dutch-Process Cocoa Powder
    •1 Cup Almond Flour
    •1 Cup Flax Meal
    •2/3 Cup Water
    •1/3 Cup Heavy Cream
    •1 Cup Xylitol
    •3 Tbsp + 1 1/4 Tsp Truvia
    •4 Large Eggs
    •1 Tbsp Vanilla
    •1 Tbsp baking powder
    •1 Tsp Salt

Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9x13 baking pan (coconut oil is best)

With a mixer, cream the butter untill fluffy. Then blend in the sweetener. Once fully combined, add the vanilla. Add the eggs one at a time. Next add in the salt, and slowly blend in the cocoa powder.

Over low heat, melt the chocolate. Then slowly pour into mixture while continuing to mix.

In a seperate bowl, blend the Almond Flour and Flax Meal with the Baking Powder.
    Stir Heavy Cream and Water into the Flour Mixture. Then slowly add the Flour Mixture to the Chocolate Mixture.

Pour into the pan and bake for 35 to 40 minutes until top springs back, or a toothpick comes out clean.
  • DzzyButterfly
    DzzyButterfly Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    SAVE!
  • JessicaHoskins
    Options
    Since I have Hypoglycemia & need extra protein in my diet, I'll scramble up 3 eggs, add mexican cheese (pre-cut & mixed) & finish it off with a toasted english muffin with SMART BALANCE buttery spread. In less than 10 minutes, you have a low-fat (and low-cal!) breakfast that is sure to get you off on the right foot for the day!
    :smile:
  • Anathama
    Anathama Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Funny you should ask. I just did a blog posting on my standard breakfast, the Primal Frittata!

http://primalbeergeek.com/2012/03/21/my-standard-primal-breakfast-or-anytime-meal/

Enjoy!

That looks amazing :love:

Thanks a bunch! :-)
  • mbts08
    mbts08 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    My typical breakfast lately:

LOL.. I didn't read this before I replied. We almost had the same breakfast. LOL

;)
  • mbts08
    mbts08 Posts: 284 Member
    Options

My Gosh that is a lot to eat for breakfast.

It's about 346 calories. Sometimes I don't have the OJ.

I track EVERYTHING. :)
  • Showgirlbody
    Showgirlbody Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I eat a light english muffin with peanut butter and banana on top. Serve with almond milk.

If anyone gets Self magazine, the new issue has a 10 day meal plan with some really cool meal ideas. One of the recipes is for quinoa pancakes.
  • faithstephenson
    faithstephenson Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    This us something I haven't had for awhile, but it was so good on days I worked out. 2 toaster waffles, 1 scrambled egg, 1 slice cheese (I used American, but you could use something else), 1 slice tomato, a few fresh basil leaves. Gonna have to do that again this year when my garden comes in.