pammbroo Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Where do I find one like these?

Um, ditto!

Where do I sign up?? lol
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I cook all my meals AND clean up my mess AND everyone else's.
  • twistofcain
    twistofcain Posts: 190
    Options
    My wife does all of the cooking, but I do all of the grilling. I usually do the the dishes that night or the following morning.
  • margieward82
    margieward82 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    How often do you cook dinner? If someone else cooks, do you clean up?

I think we need to add: Single? Married? Living with someone?

My husband rarely cooks, maybe grills once on the weekends, but he does all the kitchen clean-up for me. I cook and prep all the meals and he cleans my mess :)
  • tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    My husband works late 4 days a week, but he'll gladly cook on the other 3 days. And he cleans up, usually- or at the very minimum, we'll split the clean-up.
  • BWThomson
    Options
    My wife works until late on weeknights and I am now working a second job in the evening a couple nigts a week as well, so we spend Sunday making large amounts of a few diffenrent dishes and freeze in single portion servings for the weeks meals. We both cleanup and use the day as a bonding day since we spend so little time during the week together. When i am home and cook her meals for when she gets home i have everything all cleaned up so she can enjoy her late supper and then it is pretty short work to clean up our place settings while she has a bath.
  • tonihayden
    Options
    ok so i want one of these guys!!!!
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I cook. He cleans up.
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Most the time.
  • TheUnwritten
    TheUnwritten Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm single so I cook all my meals and clean. I hate a full sink lol one of my pet peeves I guess.
  • gordowens
    gordowens Posts: 55
    Options
    Because I work from home full time, I do 90% of the cooking... everyone including the kids help clean up.
  • TeutonicKnight
    TeutonicKnight Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Between my spouse and I, I cook 60-70% of the time. I clean up 95% off the time. My spouse is a 1st grade teacher and all her energy and focus is on that, and I respect that. If I can take 2 things off her daily plate (no pun intended!) it is worth it.

I love to cook.. Since we moved into our new house back in Sept 2011, my spouse has emptied the dishwasher twice.

I told her the one thing I will never do is dust. :)
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I cook, I clean, I do the laundry, I buy the groceries.

I really need to look into one of these "wives" things I keep hearing about...
  • OLFATUG
    OLFATUG Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    My wife cooks 99% of the time. If I cook it's on the grill because it is basically the only thing I know how to do! I do the dishes every night, fair is fair after all.
  • _LilPowerHouse
    _LilPowerHouse Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Me cooking = Kids cleaning..
    thats the rule..
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I cook, I clean, I do the laundry, I buy the groceries.

I really need to look into one of these "wives" things I keep hearing about...

Brett, they are nice to have but pick out one that only bakes desserts on demand. Mine always seems to do it when I am low on calories and time to clean up the mess. :grumble:
  • biged335
    biged335 Posts: 734
    Options
    I cook everyday and I clean up as I'm cooking or right after eating.
  • glenr79
    glenr79 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I never go out to eat because it is fattening and a waste of money, so I cook and prepare my meals ahead of time and then bring them to work, and at the house I always clean up, but I have to have my clean healthy home cooked meals!!! :P
  • Wreak_Havoc
    Wreak_Havoc Posts: 597
    Options
    Being unemployed right now, I do 100% of everything. When I was working, I did 90% of the cooking and cleanup. I take care of the house, laundry, and yard whether I'm working or not.
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I usually cook - almost always on the weekend. Sometimes my wife doesn't want to eat when I do, so she'll do her own thing. If we eat together, I cook, she does most of the dishes but I try to be considerate and get as much done as I can while I'm cooking.
    I also do all of the grocery shopping - she hates doing it and I don't really mind at all.
    She cleans the house and we both do laundry.