I feel like the guys are wildly ignored

Options

Replies

• HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    The females on my FL list kick *kitten*!!! Thanks for the support!!!

But I am sure that female progress pictures, will always be more popular than the Male ones............

I agree about the progress pictures! :smile:

Of course, I try to equally show my support to both! :)
    I think for the most part I just relate more to the women....
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    i guess we think guys don't care, but the poor lads have a heart, lol
  • MissyJessy
    MissyJessy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Here is to the guys :drinker:
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I appreciate the sentiment.
    :flowerforyou:

However, I never feel ignored by the women on my FL. I've got the best bunch of cheerleaders anyone could ask for (even if they won't wear the cute little outfits and sport the pom poms like I repeatedly asked for :tongue:)

Oh yours don't? Looks like you've got the SECOND best group of friends!

I told you I wouldn't wear the outfit unless you paid for my hot pants.
  • biznoche
    biznoche Posts: 43
    Options
    Good point!
  • ctj101502
    ctj101502 Posts: 18
    Options
    Totally get the response from the guy that doens't want to come across creepy, especially when married. That would be rough. I haven't been on here in months and just started back up, so I have never even friended a guy on here, I never even thought about there being guys in here. So if you post a pic half naked at the beach, sorry I didn't get a chance to respond to your awesomeness!! But in order to post a pic like that, you already know you look awesome!
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I support both the men and women on my list equally! They all kick major @$$!

But I love the sentiment, and if it helps make people more aware that guys need support as well as the women then cheers to that!
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    I ignore myself every chance I get.
  • Zero2hero2013
    Options
    sad thing is that this thread about supporting the guys actually has more responses then any mens progress forums i have looked in LOL
  • journalistjen
    journalistjen Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I agree--Men need support too. We all joke about how much easier it is for them to lose weight, but it's still hard no matter what sex you are. Kudos--Guys!
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    sad thing is that this thread about supporting the guys actually has more responses then any mens progress forums i have looked in LOL

EXACTLY my point
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    I LOVE MEN!!! POST SOME PICS PLEASE! hee.....
  • TexasGirl_Amie
    Options
    Love my guys! If they post half nekkid pics, I'm there! :smokin:
  • MattGetsMad
    MattGetsMad Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I'm always surprised at how much support is offered in general. I didn't really notice the male/female thing.

I did notice a big uptick in support at >100lbs lost.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    This is clearly because it's just easier for guys to lose weight... right?

No, really. I agree with what a previous poster said. Interaction is key. Probably the people who've been around more get a bit more attention and encouragement. I'd also wager that a lot of the comments are from friends of the people posting those NSV's or whatever.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options

No, really. I agree with what a previous poster said. Interaction is key. Probably the people who've been around more get a bit more attention and encouragement. I'd also wager that a lot of the comments are from friends of the people posting those NSV's or whatever.

I completely undestand this, but at the same time, who cares if they don't post on the boards a lot. THey still deserve just as much supprt...
  • jamja72
    jamja72 Posts: 192
    Options
    Hey guys need te encouragement too!! Thanks for posting
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options

I completely undestand this, but at the same time, who cares if they don't post on the boards a lot. THey still deserve just as much supprt...

I agree 100%. :)
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    this thread is great for raising awareness....but I feel like much of it is just lip service until its put into practice. How about instead of railing on about how the guys on your list are awesome blah blah blah Get specific.

Get on your friends list and find a guy that's had a big NSV or breakthrough and then Start a thread touting how great they are and the accomplishment they have made. That's what your friends list is for right? Trumpeting the victories of others?