Question for the guys

Options

Replies

• Victorking32
    Victorking32 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    How often do you cook dinner? If someone else cooks, do you clean up?

I pretty much just eat what my wife makes and when shes too tired to cook I take her out...I know I know I am working on it and I plan on doing some cooking (currently in the process of learning small easy dishes). She usually cleans up too but I do fold and put away laundry (something she HATES to do).
  • natachan
    natachan Posts: 149
    Options
    There are men in relationships that regularly cook? Why was I not told!

I cook most of the time, unless I'll be in class until 9 or we're grilling. I also do the dishes and shopping and clean up.
  • trijoe
    trijoe Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I'm a stay at home dad who does almost all of the cooking. And most of the dishwashing. My wife, who's much more anal than I am, does more general cleaning. I'm also the one who teaches the kids to be responsible around the house. I've taught them to sort their clothes once washed, clean up after themselves at meal time, and they're also in charge of helping with meals. Once a week each one of them sits down with a cookbook and picks out something for mealtime. That way, I don't spend 7 days a week hearing them fuss about how they didn't want this, or that. It has become a Godsend.
  • StarGeezer
    StarGeezer Posts: 351
    Options
    All the cooking and clean-up. I have two dishwashers...left and right. :laugh:
  • dlw13
    dlw13 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Now that it's just me and my daughter, we sort of eat on the run. I prepare most of my meals, and will occasionally cook for both of us. When me ex lived with us, she did 98% of the cooking (quite well, too) and I cleaned up and did all of the grocery shopping. I always felt that shopping and cleaning were a small price to pay for somebody cooking me tasty meals every day. Cheers!
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options

We are the nice guys that many of the ladies pass up for the bad boys. :tongue:
  • StarGeezer
    StarGeezer Posts: 351
    Options

We are the nice guys that many of the ladies pass up for the bad boys. :tongue:

Word. :bigsmile:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I think you should ask the women with husbands because all the lazy guys are not gonna answer this thread;)
    My husband always cleans up when I cook and vice versa, but I would say I unload the dishwasher more frequently. also, there are times when we are just cooking for ourselves and then it seems like those pans sit around longer. It's nicer when you have that-if I cook then you clean, but if I am preparing all my breakfasts and lunches for the week on Sunday it's a whole mess I have to clean up myself!
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Thu 03/22/12 11:11 AM
    QUOTE:

QUOTE:

We are the nice guys that many of the ladies pass up for the bad boys. tongue

I second that brotha....
  • juleseybaby
    juleseybaby Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I have one of those nice guys. He does most of the cooking. Kids do dishes and laundry. I do the bills and pick up the slack around the house as I can. Sad to say - right now my house is a mess. Sounds like I need to pick up more slack!
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    We've been together almost 13 years and I cook most of the time, but mostly because I like to and my wife didn't in the beginning, but now she is cooking more and more and that is cool because she is really a good cook. (she makes the lightest best chili-relenos). We both share clean-up and when we have guests (when i fire up the smoker) we use our best paper plates and cups, because we want to spend time with our friends not cleaning.

Ps...my wife is Hootsmamma - so I can't lie.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    I grew up in a house where Mom and Dad shared the cooking/clean up responsibilities, until my sis and I were old enough to start helping with clean up. What a profound shock it was to learn that all men aren't like my Dad who cooks just as well as my Mom, and just as willing to roll up the sleeves to do dishes! I'm proud to say I now only date men like my Dad :smile:
  • DeanDMac
    DeanDMac Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I cook 13 out of 14 nights (we do cookouts with friends or dine out about once every two weeks). I clean up each night or first thing in the morning unless their is illness or some crisis at hand. Wife does laundry - I call it more than fair. She does lawn, I do pool, etc.
  • RH_Brazell
    RH_Brazell Posts: 339
    Options
    ohhhh really??
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    mix and match. sometimes I cook, sometimes I clean up, sometimes I do both. but 99% of the time at least one of them.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I work till 6 so I dont get home until about 7. So usually my wife cooks and I will wash the dishes (she puts them away though) . If we are grilling I do that. We eat out entirely too much because my wife hates to cook.
  • sawyermark
    sawyermark Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I thought it was " to love, honor, and make sandwiches for my husband" what's all this talk of men cooking and cleaning. 8-)
  • ElPumaMex
    ElPumaMex Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I think you should ask the women with husbands because all the lazy guys are not gonna answer this thread;)
    My husband always cleans up when I cook and vice versa, but I would say I unload the dishwasher more frequently. also, there are times when we are just cooking for ourselves and then it seems like those pans sit around longer. It's nicer when you have that-if I cook then you clean, but if I am preparing all my breakfasts and lunches for the week on Sunday it's a whole mess I have to clean up myself!

I am not sure I would qualify myself as "lazy" but I did answer that I don't cook at home.
    As many men do, I do the grilling on weekends. My wife now likes to grill during the week for dinner, her choice of course.

She has for most of our marriage been a housewife, so that would explain I guess why she has been in charge of the cooking for all of these years.

But I absolutely love how she cooks; I am a lucky man.

Cleaning, we all help. In particular, to load/unload the washer is where I help,
    Ok, maybe sometimes we don't :wink: ; but we try
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options

I am not sure I would qualify myself as "lazy" but I did answer that I don't cook at home.
    As many men do, I do the grilling on weekends. My wife now likes to grill during the week for dinner, her choice of course.

She has for most of our marriage been a housewife, so that would explain I guess why she has been in charge of the cooking for all of these years.

But I absolutely love how she cooks; I am a lucky man.

Cleaning, we all help. In particular, to load/unload the washer is where I help,
    Ok, maybe sometimes we don't :wink: ; but we try
    It does make a difference if one person stays at home! I didn't mean to suggest that men are lazy but I bet when guys read the question, the ones who always do the dishes are more apt to respond, while the married women might give a more balanced response-both those with husbands who do the dishes/the cooking, both/neither:tongue:
  • Ruger2506
    Ruger2506 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    How often do you cook dinner? If someone else cooks, do you clean up?

I cook all the time. Cook never cleans where I come from. If the cook is asked/required to clean... good luck getting them to cook again.