What Do You Do For the Occassional Sweet Tooth?

Options

Replies

• Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Every once in a while I really want something sweet. I've never really been a fan of chocolate. I absolutely love fruity candy like Twizzlers, Gummy Worms, Runts, etc.

What are some of the low calorie sweets you use to curb your cravings?

Eat something sweet? Fit it into your daily calories and macros..

http://www.wannabebig.com/diet-and-nutrition/the-dirt-on-clean-eating/
  • PegsLee
    PegsLee Posts: 18
    Options
    2 pices of dark chocolat a day...
  • Naybelline
    Naybelline Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Fruit :)
  • andreanicole686
    andreanicole686 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I have been doing the 45 calorie weight watchers fudge bars...or the skinny cow chocolate dream clusters..yum yum
    ahh the skinny cow clusters and bars are soooo good! I also love twizzlers so I get a small pack and only eat like 4 of them or I get hershey kisses and eat like 2 or 3 when needed. Fruit with honey or splenda is also sooo good. :)
  • BamaGirl_Tricia
    BamaGirl_Tricia Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    There are all kinds of hard candies that are in the sugar free aisle at Walmart.
  • valenief
    valenief Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I <3 the special K cereal / bars!
  • jellybean482004
    jellybean482004 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    i bought some 100 cal protein bars (cliff bars) and as well york peppermint patties. As far as candy goes, licorice ( twizzlers) and the like ( anything red....jujubes, jellybeans etc...) i can't just have the 1 serving size and quit so better not to start. I also made homemade trail mix and threw in some yogurt covered raisins and some dark chocolate chips with almonds, walnuts , pumpin seeds, sunflower seeds, raisins and cranberries......a 1/4 serving is about 160 cals and feels like cheating.

Last night i bought some strawverry yougurt (frozen) , had some last night while the fam was having ice cream.
  • Typhanee83
    Typhanee83 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    1/2 Tablespoon of peanut butter with one Tablespoon chocolate chips. ♥ So yummy! Always curbs my cravings, and not a *kitten*-ton of calories.
  • deadbambi
    deadbambi Posts: 368
    Options
    there are mini kinder surprise chocolate bars that are only 70 calories each. c: and Dairymilk Thinsation chocolate bars are way bigger and only 100 cals each :D Also there's a carnation hot chocolate packet that's only 45 cals :DD
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    3-2-1 cake is awesome, I do a cherry cake mix and it's a little over 100 cals
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    For me its not so much about low calorie as it is about small portion. I keep a supply of those dove chocolate squares and Starburst fruit chews in a container far way from anywhere that could be considered a lounging area (couch, computer area, etc). So, when I want something sweet, I have to get up and go over there. The nice thing about having those small snacks is that it is much easier to portion out a little so I usually have 2 or so instead of a whole candy bar, bag of chips, etc. For me, it works great because it keeps me from oversnacking.

I agree with this. I love small, easy to portion candies (M&Ms!!!), and I keep mine far away from me, too. Seems to me like gummies and twizzlers could actually be perfect, just portion them smaller and enjoy!
  • lisag2007
    lisag2007 Posts: 130
    Options
    If you like cottage cheese, take a 1/2 cup cottage cheese with a tsp or two of honey. YUM! I add strawberries to mine and it is fantastic!!! I have also tried it with Splenda instead of honey and it's good that way too. Less Calories with the Splenda!
  • KMA220
    KMA220 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    A fiber one brownie. 90 calories and delicious! I know there are better choices but if it keeps me from eating something far worse, I'll take it. :)
  • Glamour60Xtreme
    Options
    special k chocolate delight :)
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I buy a bar of dark chocolate when I go to the grocery store and limit myself to one square a day. Right now I've got a bar of Ghirardelli 72% Intense Dark Chocolate. I also sometimes eat fruit like plums or clementines if I'm craving something sweet or I'll just eat something bad and eat less of it, like the other day I had a small scoop of BR Jamocha Almond Fudge.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    For the occasional sweet tooth I indulge. You gotta live a little...and it is only occasionally so why not? Just don't go overboard!
  • jensan37
    jensan37 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Aldi Fit and Active Wildberry Sorbet & Ice Cream bars... 110 calories, 1 gram of fat and a few grams of fiber... they are amazing!
  • sdrawkcabynot
    sdrawkcabynot Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I love sour candy... now instead of eating a whole box of sweet tarts, i usually just suck on a jolly rancher... i get my sour fix and they take forever... horrible for my teeth - but not to bad on the waist line to get that "fix".
  • heidiberr
    heidiberr Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I love Dove's Dark Chocolate or a good glass of chocolate milk made with Hershey's Lite Chocolate Syrups (1/2 the sugar, 1/5 the cals, 1/2 the carbs--with ingredients that I can pronounce. Win!)
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    lol!!! I've worked in a fudge brownie into my cals before... otherwise I eat my bananas...