Chicken

Options

Replies

• berv0009
    berv0009 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Do you like spicy?

Smother chicken breast in steak seasoning, chili powder, paprika, corriander, cayenne and brown sugar. And I really mean smother. Generous (palmful) amounts of everything!!!!!!!! Except the cayenne of course lol

If you grill it, it's fantastic. Otherwise you can cook it on a stove top as well. But if you grill it the sugar caramelizes and makes the best crust.... ahhhhhh yum.

My fave.
  • Maude_Lewbowski
    Maude_Lewbowski Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    OMG! Please share the receipe, that sounds amazing!
  • jenalderman
    jenalderman Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Ok....I have 2 favorites..... They both start by boiling and shredding boneless, skinless chicken breast.

Option 1) Combine 4-5 ounces with 1-2 tbs to taste of Philly Sante Fe Cooking Cream. Stuff into LaTortilla Factory High Fiber, Low Carb wrap along with 1/4-1/2, again depending on your tasebuds and calorie allowance, fresh avacado.

Option 2) Combine 24 oz with 1 bag of sliced almonds and a small can of pineapple tidbits or fresh finely chopped pineapple, and just enough light mayo to give a smooth consistency. I even cut the mayo with just a little lemon juice. This tastes best after it chills and the flavors mix overnight. I enjoy on LaTortilla Factory High Fiber, Low Carb wrap with tomatoe and lettuce.

Once the chicken is cooked and shredded, either options take only minutes to prepare and fit nicely into my daily allowances.
  • watermanswife
    watermanswife Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I add a packet of taco seasoning with the salsa in the crockpot. Yum
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Chili Chilli "fried" chicken:

chicken thighs
    1 envelope McCormick's White Chicken Chili powder packet (if you can't find it, use a mixture of 1 tbsp cumin to 1 tbsp flour)
    1 bottle sweet chilli sauce (My brand name is Mae Ploy, but Frank's makes it too, and Trader Joe's has it too)
    1 tsp EVOO (optional if your skillet is nonstick)

Rip the skin off of a bunch of chicken thighs. Place the oil in a skillet and start to brown the outside of the thighs. Sprinkle the chili powder packet all over the thighs, until it starts to coat them. Keep browing and turning the chicken as it cooks. When it's almost finished, pour sweet chilli sauce over the thighs and let the heat from the pan glaze it onto the thighs.

SOOOO good.
  • Nickwa76
    Nickwa76 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    3 Romaine Lettuce Heart Leaves
    4 oz. Boneless Chicken breast, cut into 1 inch cubes
    3 TBSP of Part-Skim Mozzarella Shredded Cheese
    2 Slices of Tomato
    1 tsp Soy Sauce

1. Cut chicken breast into 1 inch cubes (or smaller if you prefer). Cook on skillet on medium-high heat until chicken is cooked (about 8-10 minutes). Add soy sauce.

2. While chicken is still in the pan, drizzle mozzarella cheese over chicken, and let it melt.

3. Scoop chicken mixture into your romaine lettuce leaves.

4. Top with tomatoes, and wah la! They're done! :)

CALORIES: 183
    CARBS: 3g
    PROTEIN: 29g
    FAT: 7g
    FIBER: 1g
    * this receip from MFP forum a few weeks ago- its yummy!!!
  • 76wendyful
    76wendyful Posts: 202
    Options
    Bump!
    These are all fantastic ideas! My favorite chicken is cilantro lime chicken. You make a pesto marinade out of cilantro, walnuts, garlic and olive oil, marinate the chicken put it on skewers and grill it. When you are eating it you squeeze lime juice on it. It is SO good!
  • deannarey13
    deannarey13 Posts: 452
    Options
    Great suggestions here!!!
  • Nickwa76
    Options
    Bang Bang wrap
    Preparation time 10 minutes
    Cooking time 2 minutes
    Ingredients
    • 2 large flour tortilla
    • 5 little gem lettuce leaves, chopped
    • A handful cucumber, peeled, sliced and half mooned
    • 1 small spring onion, sliced
    • 80g smoked chicken, shredded
    • A sprinkling of dried chilli
    For the sauce
    • 30g chunky peanut butter
    • 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
    • 1 tsp soy sauce
    • 1 tbsp coconut milk
    • Fresh mint
    • Fresh coriander
    For the sauce
    • 30g chunky peanut butter
    • 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
    • 1 tsp soy sauce
    • 1 tbsp coconut milk
    • Fresh mint
    • Fresh coriander
    How to make bang bang chicken wraps
    1. To make the sauce, mix all the ingredients together. Add the shredded chicken.
    2. Lay the flour tortilla onto a surface. Lay the lettuce, cucumber, spring onion and chicken onto the centre of it.
    Per serving
    335kcals
    11.2g of fat
    not hugley low in calorie but makes a nice "treat" :wink:
  • Honey623
    Honey623 Posts: 37
    Options
    Go on skinnytaste, I :heart: her healthy maked chicken nuggets and her Broccoli & cheese stuffed chicken...or perhaps u can make bbq chicken in ur crockpot. Just spray ur crockpot with a lil cooking spray and lil water, then add chicken breast, maybe some onions and some bbq sauce and pretty much set it and forget it :smile:
  • Nickwa76
    Options
    Chicken penne and broccoli
    For an easy speedy supper dish, try fusilli or penne with cooked chicken in a creamy ...
    Serves 4
    Ingredients
    • 300g fusilli or penne
    • 150g broccoli, broken into small florets
    • Low fat cooking spray
    • 350g skinless, boneless chicken, cut into strips
    • 6 spring onions, finely chopped
    • 150g low fat soft cheese with garlic and herbs
    • 150ml skimmed milk
    • Finely grated rind of 1 lemon
    • 100g frozen petit pois or garden peas, thawed
    • 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
    • Salt and freshly ground black pepper
    • Basil leaves, to garnish
    Cook the fusilli or penne in a large saucepan of lightly salted boiling water for 6 minutes. Add the broccoli to the pasta and cook for 5 more minutes.
    Meanwhile, mist a wok or frying pan with low fat cooking spray. Add the chicken and stir-fry for 5-6 minutes, until cooked.
    Add the spring onions to the chicken and cook for a further 3-4 minutes. Drain the cooked pasta, reserving 2 tbsp of the cooking water.
    Return the cooking liquid to the saucepan and add the low fat soft cheese, milk and lemon rind. Heat, stirring with a whisk, until hot and smooth.
    Tip the pasta, broccoli, chicken, peas and cherry tomatoes into the sauce and stir gently for 1-2 minutes to heat through. Serve, garnished with basil leaves.
    Cook's tip:
    Make the recipe with 150g cooked peeled prawns instead of chicken, adding them to the sauce with the peas.
    Per serving:
    470kcals
    8g fat (of which 4g is saturated) :wink:
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    1 - Italian Chicken

I put my boneless skinless chicken breasts in the crockpot
    Pour on a little Wishbone Italian Dressing
    Let cook 6-8 hours on low and eat

2 - Chicken Cacciatore

I put my boneless skinless chicken breasts in the crockpot
    Cut up some zuchini squash and then sprinkle italian seasoing on top
    Pour your favorite spaghetti sauce or just a can of diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano on top
    Let cook 6-8 hours on low and eat

This one we eat with pasta
  • Nickwa76
    Options
    LAST ONE :) saved the best to last! :happy:

Chicken, lime and coconut parcels recipe

Thai flavours are great in quick-cook dishes; however, they are equally thrilling when cooked long and ...
    Serves 4
    Takes 30 minutes to make and 2½ hours' steaming

Ingredients
    • 2 green chillies, deseeded
    • 2 garlic cloves
    • Juice of 1 lime
    • 1 heaped tbsp shredded kaffir lime leaves (we used Bart Spices, from major supermarkets) or the grated zest of 1 lime
    • Handful fresh coriander, with stalks
    • 1 tbsp cumin seeds, dry-toasted
    • 3 tbsp Thai fish sauce
    • 4 tbsp coconut cream
    • 4 banana leaves (optional, from Asian supermarkets)
    • 4 x 250g free-range chicken legs
    • Red chillies, sliced, to garnish
    METHOD
    How to make chicken and coconut parcels
    1. In a mini food processor, blitz the green chillies, garlic, lime juice, lime leaves or zest, coriander, cumin, fish sauce and coconut cream to a paste.
    For a variation, use duck legs instead of chicken, and replace the green chillies with red chillies in the curry paste, if you like.
    2. Cut 4 sheets of baking paper, each 30cm x 40cm (make them double-thickness if you're not using banana leaves) and top each with a banana leaf, if using. Rub the chilli paste over the chicken legs, massaging it all over. Put a chicken leg onto each banana leaf or sheet of baking paper (if not using banana leaves) and wrap tightly around the chicken, tucking the edges under and gathering up the sides to make a parcel. Tie each one tightly with kitchen string to seal.
    3. Take a large pot with a steamer insert, half-fill with water and bring to the boil over a high heat. Arrange the chicken parcels in the steamer (which shouldn't touch the water) and cover with a tight-fitting lid. Reduce the heat slightly to a steady simmer. Steam for 2½ hours or until the meat is completely tender - top up the pan with water from time to time, so it doesn't boil dry. Remove the chicken parcels and set aside to rest for about 5 minutes.
    4. Place each parcel on a serving plate and open it, being careful to keep all the lovely juices inside. Garnish with red chilli slices and serve with steamed jasmine rice and stir-fried sugar snap peas.
    Per serving:
    264kcals
    9.7g fat (1.6g saturated)
    44.1g protein
    1.9g carbs
    1.1g sugar
    2.6g salt
  • Nickwa76
    Options
    Found one more- this we tried last week, was delicious!
    Skinny Chow Mein
    Serves 3
    Preparation time: 40 minutes Cooking time: 6 minutes
    Ingredients
    • 175g medium egg noodles
    • 1 tbsp/15ml sunflower oil
    • 1 med onion/90g onions
    • 2 cloves/6g garlic
    • 175g bean sprouts
    • 175g mange tout
    • 225g chicken breast, fillets - skinless & boneless
    • 2 tbsps/30ml dark soy sauce
    • 10g ginger root
    • 5g five spice powder
    How to cook skinny chicken chow mein
    1. Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/gas mark 5.
    2. Put a piece of foil (approx 30x40cm) onto a baking sheet and brush the centre with 1 teaspoon/5 ml of the oil.
    3. Place the chicken breasts, side by side, onto the centre of the foil, and sprinkle with 30ml of water. Close the foil around the chicken to make a loose, but tightly closed, parcel.
    4. Bake the chicken in the oven for 30-35 minutes until cooked through. Remove the chicken from the oven, allow it to cool slightly, shred and set aside.
    5. Thinly slice the onion, garlic and ginger, and top and tail the mange tout.
    6. Cook the noodles in a large pan of boiling, salted water according to the pack instructions.
    7. In the meantime, heat the remaining oil in a wok or large frying pan, and stir-fry the onion and ginger over high heat for 2-3 minutes until the onion is softened.
    8. Add the garlic, bean sprouts, mange tout and five spice powder, and continue stir-frying for a further minute.
    9. Drain the noodles well and add to the wok/frying pan, add shredded chicken and soy sauce. Stir-fry for a further 2 minutes until piping hot. Serve immediately.
    Per serving:
    287 calories
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
  • klugecl
    klugecl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    We like blackened chicken (use a hot cast iron skillet with a little butter and blackened seasonings) with baked sweet potato, and a mix of asparagus/yellow squash in olive oil and baked. We also do the same thing with fish (tilapia or salmon). Very good!!!!
  • LordBezoar
    LordBezoar Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    +Toss them in your crockpot with some Barbecue sauce, cool on low for 8-10 hours and then put them in the bowl of your KitchenAid (or other stand mixer) with the cookie dough paddle to make perfectly shredded chicken.

+In a 9x13 pan, put in a cup of brown rice, 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts 1 can of cream of chicken soup, 1 onion soup mix packet and a cup of hot water. Bake until done. (We have also done this subbing Velveeta for the soup)

+A dash of salt, Lemon juice and freshly ground black pepper then grill them on the Barbecue with fresh veggies.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I baked a boneless, skinless chicken breast without anything on it. Then I cut it into bite sized chunks and put half an avocado (small chunks) and mango salsa on it. Oh. My. Word. It was amazing!!!
  • Mehagon
    Mehagon Posts: 83
    Options
    There are some great ideas coming in here! I particularly like the chicken salad made with avocado! Gonna try that one. :)
  • chiera88
    chiera88 Posts: 155
    Options
    bump