What do you eat when you need to "snack"

Options

Replies

• chicpeach
    chicpeach Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I find my best strategy is to eat enough good nutrition for each of my 3 meals so that it isn't necessary to snack. That means each of my meals has some carbs, protein and fat. I don't believe in doing diet versions of anything because if they're fat free, they're loaded with sugar and if they're sugar free they're loaded with sodium (a sure way to retain water and therefore weight), so I always go for the real stuff (except milk - I do 2%).
  • Moorlady
    Moorlady Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    A clementine, some nuts, pan popcorn with canola/olive oil and sea salt. These seem to be popular choices. : ) Also, tea.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    oatmeal, peanut butter, banana, and whey. only about 500 calories.
  • SavageRabidBeast
    SavageRabidBeast Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I usually grab a frozen yogurt smoothie bar or an apple
  • Jeaninedj
    Jeaninedj Posts: 43
    Options
    Almonds or an apple with peanut butter or almond butter. Both fill me up quickly!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of apples, bananas, almonds, string cheese, crackers... I really like the blue diamond nut thin crackers lol. Also a cookie or something if I have any. Grapes. Strawberries dipped in nutella :) Ummmm... yeah. Pistachios are good... popsicles...
  • xMsAlly
    xMsAlly Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    some sort of bar usually does the trick for me :)
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    I have an oral fixation.............

so does my wife.

phil-mickelson-fist-pump_t640.jpg?a6ea3ebd4438a44b86d2e9c39ecf7613005fe067
  • prettygirlhoward
    prettygirlhoward Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Apple sprinkled with cinnamon with 1 spoonful of all natural organic PB drizzeled with very little honey.......Its yummy!!! or a handful of almonds with an apple.... :)
  • tara7302011
    tara7302011 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Raw vegetables, fruit, kale chips, roasted chickpeas, freeze dried fruit, air-popped popcorn, single servings of nuts (it's easy to overdo these, but they can be nice and filling). Occasionally I'll eat pretzels or crackers too, but again, you have to watch the serving sizes. Veggies, and high-water fruits (e.g. watermelon) are your best bets, because it's hard to do a lot of damage with them. And gum helps too.

I mean no disrespect, but did you aquire a taste for these foods? I think Kale chips and wonder if it was something you liked over time, or if you were raised with it???
  • wolfcreekwalker
    Options
    I love raw almonds... I take a small handful when I'm hungry between meals. They have the healthy type of fat & no too many calories, plus a great satisfying crunch.
  • Thir13en
    Thir13en Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    oranges & apples

they are delicious, slice them both the same way with the peel on, and then you can pick them up and much them & if the apple isn't cutting it with crunch & tart, theres a big piece of juicy sweet orange there too. and the oranges stop the apples from browning quickly i think.. i might be wrong.
  • Momkat65
    Momkat65 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    :smile:
  • cfmackay
    cfmackay Posts: 9
    Options
    walls mini-milk lolly ice are fab and only 30 cals! can get them in choc strawberry or cream so theyre a perfect sweetie fix too!
  • thinnerisstronger
    thinnerisstronger Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Apple slices with peanut butter, plain air-popped popcorn, almonds, bell pepper slices, grapes.
    Sometimes I munch on dry kashi cereal too.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Sugar snap peas! Sweet, crunchy, and eating through the whole bag will set you back about 150 cals.
    A bag of sugar snap peas is also cheaper than a bag of Doritos. :wink:
  • OnWisconsin84
    OnWisconsin84 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I have an oral fixation which is one of the reasons I am so fat!!! I have started chewing on straws, but it just doesn't cut it. Are there any low calorie snacks you like to munch on through out the day?

hahaha I also chew on straws ;) I drink coffee first, then chew on the straw. Aside from that, my go-to snacks during the week / at work are:

hard-boiled eggs
    raw almonds
    carrots + hummus
    cheese sticks
    PB (pre-portioned to go packs, otherwise I'd wreck my day)
  • shortmom60
    Options
    Love string cheese, or fruit.
  • brismom070897
    brismom070897 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    bump
  • melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I as well LOVE edamme with sea salt. They are delicious-will crave any salt cravings. I also like the fiber one bars, flavored almonds, veggie chips, gum, water, low fat popcorn.