how am i going to do this in only 11 days?

Options
Please help.
I changed my lifestyle stating Jan 1st of this year and I have healthly lost 18lbs. I have watched my diet and I have done a mix of the ellyptical (which I have at home) and a bodypump class at the gym that uses 5-10lb weights. 10 weeks ago, i joined a biggest loser competition and i have been in the lead the whole time WELL turns out 2 ex-wrestling coaches were not weighing in consistently and now they are claiming that they "KNOW EVERY TRICK IN THE BOOK TO LOSE EXTRA WEIGHT AND FAST" and so I will be knocked out of the competition and lose the $550 prize. I was wondering if you could help me. Is there anything else that I can do in just 10 days to lose weight? diet tips? exercises?
FYI - I am scared to start weights until filnal weigh-in just incase i bulk up or gain weight from gaining muscle. That will come after the competition is over.
Advice would be welocmed. Thank you.:smile:

Replies

• ting1789
    ting1789 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    It should be about developing healthy lifestyles, not "winning" money, but ymmv
  • beckys19
    beckys19 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    The only thing I can say is that next time there's a challenge like this is to make sure the 'rules' stipulate that weight loss more than x% of your total loss can't happen in a 1 or 2 week period, and that there is a 'maintenance' period of a month or two where the winner needs to maintain their last weigh-in or lower in order to claim the prize. Maybe talk with the others involved, if enough people feel crash dieting at the end of the program is 'cheating' maybe you can get the wrestling coaches kicked out for violating the spirit of the competition. Maybe offer to let the monetary prize go to the honest runner-up if you would win if these guys were kicked out, if it's as much for the honor and glory as the money for you.

When I was in an office they had this competition once, and of course the winner was an ex-wrestler who took everything off at the last minute. I was glad I was pregnant during the early part of the contest and therefore didn't join, I would really feel gypped if I had entered in that one.
  • beckys19
    Options
    Also, try googling wrestler weight loss tips. There might be something there you can try, if you want to go to that extreme to gain the edge back. Some last -days-before-weigh -in tricks involve lowering water consumption, food consumption, and clearing out your bowels using gentle natural laxatives, and sweating to loose water as close to weigh-in time as possible.
  • mylilliam
    mylilliam Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    well if you read my post properly you would have also read that i have lost my weight in a healthy weight and that it is about a healthy lifestyle. But thanks for your opinion anyway!
  • ting1789
    Options
    well if you read my post properly you would have also read that i have lost my weight in a healthy weight and that it is about a healthy lifestyle. But thanks for your opinion anyway!
    I didn't say that you didn't. I'm just saying that the money should be irrelevant. Might sound crazy, but sometimes people can read and understand someone's post perfectly but still find the premise objectionable.
  • mylilliam
    Options
    QUOTE:

I didn't say that you didn't. I'm just saying that the money should be irrelevant.

My apologies - i obviously read that wrong. Im just so angry coz I have done this right, i want it long term, its just that what they are doing is not fair :(
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options

..and you should continue to do so. This will make you the real winner.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Liquid diet ;-) Slimfast or HRM shakes.
  • mylilliam
    Options
    Just to clarify to you all. This IS about ahealthy lifestyle for me. I a dieting and exercising properly and I am doing it over a long period of time to hopefully keep it off BUT i am just so upset at the guys that I was just wondering if there was anything else that I could do to help it along eg certain foods, exercises etc.
  • ting1789
    Options
    My apologies - i obviously read that wrong. Im just so angry coz I have done this right, i want it long term, its just that what they are doing is not fair :(
    Unfortunately life isn't fair *shrugs*. If the rules of the game didn't address an issue like that it was a crappy game from the get go.
  • Michelle650
    Michelle650 Posts: 218
    Options
    Go low carb! It really is the best way I have found to lose weight quickly!
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I know the money is always great to have (wouldn't we all love an extra few hundred lol) however if these ex-wrestlers win due to crash dieting at least you can look back and know you did the weight loss the healthy way and will keep it off.
  • millissa1
    millissa1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    do not eat any carbs.
    drink loads of green tea
    take natural water pills
    use benefiber to stay full.
    good luck.
    my sis is a body builder and the days before the competition its water pills, water and fish...
  • millissa1
    millissa1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    only eat what you need for fuel.
    and please do not wrap yourself in plastic and all the other crap wrestlers do. lol
  • Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Good luck! That is so wrong of those guys. I wouldn't have thought of someone doing that ahead of time if I were setting a game up.

Don't let anyone get to you here. There will always be someone who feels everyone else is entitled to his/her opinion whether the other people asked for it or not.
  • pmkershaw
    pmkershaw Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Run run run!
  • Tajdancer
    Tajdancer Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Low carb, low salt, and lots of water.
  • beckys19
    Options

I understood that, and that's the way I am loosing too. I just put that up as a FYI *if* you wanted to use the same tactics they do if winning meant that much to you that you were willing to supplement your honest weight loss with some temporary last minute tactics.
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
  • Lynnmi07
    Lynnmi07 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I would never give this advice for someone who it trying to lose weight and keep it off. But for purposes of winning some money, why not. This helps to lose a significant amount of water weight and some body fat and of course after u weigh in you would want to go back to your more moderate approach.

Eat high protein (that is lean, and a large amount of it I mean like 1.5gms/lb of lean body weight) and veggies that are low carb. and nonfat dairy, low carb dairy (like string cheese, cottage cheese). Drink lots of water, take fish oil and multi vitamin. And you will probably need caffeine or some other form of an energy source. You definitely don't need to work out a whole lot if you do this. That is the basics anyway. If you would like more information message me and I can give you the website for more information.

I did this diet in the past as a jump start and lost 15lbs in 2 weeks (and thats a lot considering I was not extremely overweight at the time)