anybody else constantly consumed in MFP!?!

Options
I love MFP. love, love, love. I'm starting to think I love it too much. I'm on here more than I'm on any other site, including netflix and facebook O_0 I even started bringing my laptop to lectures JUST to browse around MFP. Anybody else feel like this?

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,047 Member
    Options
    ...............There is a whole sub-culture of us that should really be in treatment.
  • iamfranniefierce
    iamfranniefierce Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    LOL...totally! #obsessed
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    MFP IS my facebook. And it makes me happier than facebook because people are actually supportive...

My boyfriend gets mad at me for being on it all the time

:flowerforyou: :drinker: :drinker:
  • blondejillie
    blondejillie Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Date joined and number of posts is always a good indication. Yes, hooked.:smokin:
  • logoode
    logoode Posts: 6
    Options
    YES.
    Oh my goodness. My twitter is down to about once a month and my facebook once a week for about 3 seconds just to check events and check in my friends.
    MFP is my new life.
  • pamelapeldo
    pamelapeldo Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Yes! I have grown to love it more than Facebook because I always learn so much on this site and it has really helped me change my life!
  • batalina
    batalina Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    i, too, think i spend more time on MFP than facebook and the like! there's usually some fun conversation going on, and the great people i've made friends with keep me coming back :)
  • ksalmon1998
    Options
    I have totally given up Facebook. MFP is my new passion. There's no drama and the people are much more supportive
  • Megclark37
    Megclark37 Posts: 111
    Options
    MFP IS my facebook. And it makes me happier than facebook because people are actually supportive...

mine too!! haha
  • jgthomas78
    Options
    I call it my "Fitness Facebook"
  • DAMNCHARLIE
    DAMNCHARLIE Posts: 569
    Options

everything she said, my bf gets mad too. he swears I am talking to dudes. I say whatever helps with your weight loss do it. This is helping me.
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    Yep, obsessed as well! It's refreshing to be able to talk about fitness and nutrition with other like minded people!
  • JoJo_fat2fab
    JoJo_fat2fab Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    YES, so addicted, I forget about Facebook, I check it like once a week for a couple of mins, that's about it.
  • MamaSonyaP
    MamaSonyaP Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I think my husband thinks I have a new boyfriend....I don't. It's just that I'm on this site ALL THE TIME! Whether it be on my iPhone, or on the laptop. I'm there with ya, hun...obsessed!
  • cyberskirt
    cyberskirt Posts: 218
    Options
    I only joined on the 12th and MFP has been my first site, my last site and my inbetween everything else site. It stays open while I'm at work.

I constantly browse the message boards, blogs etc.

I'm new and just learning and I haven't worked up the nerve to talk on the boards... but I am also obsessed with MFP.

Edit* like just now I learned I didn't have to copy/paste my ticker... haha.
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    MFP IS my facebook.

^^This. :drinker:

Calculated calories in my head on the way home? Check.
    Have MFP friends who I text on a daily basis? Check.
    Have MFP friends who know entirely too much about me? Check.
    Had dreams that involve MFP? Check.

I could probably think of more. Umm... yeah, I'm obsessed.
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    I kind of gave up an addiction to foods for an addiction to MFP. I actually started a FB account to get myself away from MFP. My FB is for extended family and old friends that we don't live near anymore. MFP is for fitness. I don't ever want to be without it. I get so much positive feedback and advice here. :flowerforyou:
  • opal24
    opal24 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Ummm yes - I'm at work at the moment............
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    It's basically taken the place of FB for me. As someone else said, people are more supportive and generally more happy here. I don't care if your dog just peed on your rug. How many calories did you burn cleaning it up is what I want to know. :laugh:

Just kidding! Kinda.
  • pamperedhen
    pamperedhen Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    It's my new addiction and my teenagers laugh at me and say that you guys are my "Fake friends" :laugh: