20 lbs down with PCOS (and pics)

Options
2»

Replies

• zombiemomjo
    zombiemomjo Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Wow, at 180 a fitness trainer told you that you were too fat to join her fitness group? That doesn't sound like a fitness trainer I would want to be working with. Glad that you kept with it. I am also fighting with PCOS and this site has been great. I just started two months ago, but I am already seeing good changes in my life habits and body. Congrats.

Yup. She (and her overinflated fake boobs) works out with small groups. She only wanted people who werealready fit.
  • sandywerks
    sandywerks Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I also have PCOS and know how hard it can be to deal with its effects and weight loss. You are doing an awesome job! Best wishes for continued success!
  • PeggyWoodson
    PeggyWoodson Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    My first success story post! Woot! I have fought weight issues (and infertility) for years. After two sons that I never thought I would have, I got serious about the weight loss. My ob/gyn actually told me that no matter what I did, I was going to be fat because of my hormones. So I set out to prove him wrong. 10 week body makeover program (that I paid $400 to do) took me down 7 lbs. Different ob/gyn sent me to an endocrinologist to see what could be the issue, because she felt I was doing everything I could. That endo wanted to put me in a weight loss study with an experimental drug that caused "anal leakage." I was already chunky, didn't need to be stinky on top of it, thanks! Tried WeightWatchers and went down about 8 lbs only to gain it all back. My friend Jennbunny73 turned me onto this FREE and FABULOUS site at the end of 2011, and I have only missed one day of working out since I started. I am officially down 20 lbs, and I wanted to toot my own horn a little, because I NEVER thought I would see the scale drop that low in my life since that doctor told me I was just destined to be fat! So, thank you Jenn for the daily inspiration and for bring MFP into my life. Thanks to everyone on here for the support.

I'm 5'3", and my starting weight on this journey was 180. I've mainly been doing the Rockin' Body DVD's with some TurboFire and Tae Bo thrown in for variety and added challenge. The top two pics were from last year, the black shirt from November, I think. The bottom left was this morning at 160, offically 20 lbs down. Still have some weight to lose, but I wanted to celebrate this victory! (hope this picture thing works for me)

7006301899_677c0afc76.jpg
    20 lbs down by Joey&Kurt, on Flickr

AWESOME!!! (Hands clapping) You look great. I'm so proud of you.
  • AnnaKeck
    AnnaKeck Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Great job!! I have PCOS too and have struggled for years as the number on the scale only went up and never down. MFP and workout buddies have really helped me stay on top of it and lose the weight the right way - exercise and eating right. It's so great to see more people like you who have not let PCOS get in the way. Keep it up, you're an inspiration!
  • bhersh24
    bhersh24 Posts: 49
    Options
    you look fantastic! good for you and way to prove all the nay-sayers wrong. :) keep up the good work!
  • stacyfoo
    stacyfoo Posts: 47
    Options
    conrgrats! you look AMAZING!! i have PCOS as well and had always wondered why it was so difficult to lose weight! I haven't lost much with this site, 10 lbs so far, but it's stayed off and i'm still making progress :) not to mention all the awesome people here for moral support! you can achieve your goal, you're proving that already <3
  • kelzpop
    kelzpop Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Congrats, that is awesome!
  • Siberiantigris
    Options
    Congratulations and best wishes on your the rest of your journey. Kudos to you for persevering and not allowing the naysayers to deter you from your success. I also have PCOS and am really trying to utilize my resources to get this weight off. It's leaving slowly but surely! Again congrats.
  • zombiemomjo
    Options
    Thank you!
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Isn't it WONDERFUL when you find something that WORKS for YOU!!
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Very happy for you. The first 20 is all about learning how to do it. The next 20 is pushing through the plateaus and the last bit is all FUN!! I love this part. Just workout, eat right and let the body do the rest.

Good luck!!
  • busymomto5PA
    Options
    Awesome Job! Looking good and so inspiring!!! 80)
  • lu136mickey
    lu136mickey Posts: 202
    Options
    Awsome you look great keep up the good work and Im glad you did not settle for what your Dr.s told you. You are def a inspiration to me and others. I know how excited you are!!
  • TXBelle1174
    TXBelle1174 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I have pcos too and it as been difficult for me to lose weight as well. I finally found a great endo that put me on a low carb diet, gave me an rx for metformin, and a few other bits of advice. Finally after a year of eating only 1300 calories a day only to continue to gain weight, have I finally started to see the scale go down instead of up. Congrats!!! You look great.
  • Roo1014
    Roo1014 Posts: 4
    Options
    I also have pcos seems like there are alot of us. That is sad and inspiring at the same time. Congrats on your first goal! Our stories sound very familiar. I hope i can break through my current plateu and start back losing. Your sucess story is truly an inspiriration thank you for sharing!
  • jaimielee317
    Options
    I also have Pcos and have been struggling for years with my weight, so glad you posted! awesome job!
  • zombiemomjo
    Options
    I have pcos too and it as been difficult for me to lose weight as well. I finally found a great endo that put me on a low carb diet, gave me an rx for metformin, and a few other bits of advice. Finally after a year of eating only 1300 calories a day only to continue to gain weight, have I finally started to see the scale go down instead of up. Congrats!!! You look great.

Low carb does make a huge difference. I avoid potatoes except for a special cheat. And it often makes me sad cuz I love me some taters. But I have learned what I can make work for me these past three months and I stick to it. I am glad you have found a great endo! Best of luck!
  • jenberger
    jenberger Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great story! You look great! Way to go!
  • liverbebe
    Options
    You are amazing and one hot mama! I see a spark in you that keeps getting brighter! You earned your celebrations!!! Congrats all around.
  • JennBunny73
    JennBunny73 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    And Thank you for keep me going! You look amazing! Your face is so much thinner and look at your sexy curves..Way to go and we are going to keep this going :) Can't wait til next Friday for reward day. You have definitely earned it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!