What are your current food obsessions?

Options

Replies

• maryloo2011
    maryloo2011 Posts: 446
    Options
    Fage 0% with one of the following:
    • Jell-o sugar free powder mix (think cheesecake, butterscotch, chocolate...)
    • PB2
    • Smucker's sugar-free preserves
    • Protein powder
    • In my shakes with Almond milk and any of the above

Fage 0% as a sub for:
    • Sour cream
    • Cottage cheese
    • Mayonnaise

BP2 in all recipes and on anything that calls for peanut butter.

Seafood: shrimp specifically. I can buy frozen shrimp, cut up a bunch of veggies for a salad and throw frozen shrimp in a ziplock back (all the night before). By the time lunch rolls around the next day, shrimp are thawed and ready to be de-tailed/cut up and mixed in with salad.

Baking eggs in a muffin pan, throw each egg onto an english muffin and freeze it. Night before I want it for breakfast I throw it into the fridge and nuke it in the morning. Sooooo.... drooling right now.

Egg whites. Cut up a bunch of veggies and throw in a Tupperware container the night before. Add in desired amount of egg whites (I typically do 6 servings). Bring to work, nuke it and I have myself a high-protein, veggie packed breakfast. Literally full until lunch. Be sure to stir the mixture every 40-60 seconds during the nuke until eggs are done.

Eggs are SO versatile if you have a microwave.

Recently discovered zucchini and beets.

Constantly experimenting with different ways to prepare and enjoy all vegetables :)
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,022 Member
    Options
    tangerines
    sweet potatoes
    popcorn
    fiber one bars chocolate chip
  • destiniwells
    Options
    laughing cow cheese spread on steak

Mine is Laughing Cow cheese spread on anything. Have you tried their new cream cheese spreads? DELICIOUS!
  • MILFdoesabodyGd
    MILFdoesabodyGd Posts: 347 Member
    Options

Mine is Laughing Cow cheese spread on anything. Have you tried their new cream cheese spreads? DELICIOUS!

I'll have to try this with my cucumber sandwiches
  • mskari77
    mskari77 Posts: 142
    Options

On steak?? As in just spread over the top like a cheesy heavenly condiment??? Having steak tomorrow for dinner....may have to try this!

I cannot get on the Greek Yogurt bandwagon. I have tried it, numerous brands, and just can't get past the taste. My current "obsession" I guess you could call it is the "Food Should Taste Good" brand Sweet Potato Chips and "Bean-itos" brand Pinto Bean and Flax Seed Chips with World Classics Savory Cilantro Salsa.
  • destiniwells
    Options
    Greek yogurt. I'm obsessed with trying to figure out how people can put it in their faces without doing a full body dry heave.

lol - This is my response to greek yogurt. I try to love it. I've tried every brand and flavor I can get my hands on. I've tried mixing it in smoothies and protein shakes. But no matter what I do or how hard I try to convince myself it's yummy, I gag as soon as it's in my mouth.
  • destiniwells
    Options
    My current "obsession" I guess you could call it is the "Food Should Taste Good" brand Sweet Potato Chips and "Bean-itos" brand Pinto Bean and Flax Seed Chips with World Classics Savory Cilantro Salsa.

I tried the Sweet Potato Chips yesterday and could not believe how good they were!
  • bobbin1
    bobbin1 Posts: 60
    Options
    Just got a smoothie maker so you name the smoothie I probably have had it. Just love them especially the green ones.
  • jgthomas78
    Options
    I also hate almost all greek yogurt....except the Greek God's honey yogurt. It tastes like cheesecake. Alot more calories than other brands, but it is SO good.
  • mskari77
    Options
    I also hate almost all greek yogurt....except the Greek God's honey yogurt. It tastes like cheesecake. Alot more calories than other brands, but it is SO good.

Well anything that tastes like cheesecake has GOT to be good. I haven't tried that one yet....darn it, cheesecake......now I have to find it!!!!! :D
  • mskari77
    Options
    My current "obsession" I guess you could call it is the "Food Should Taste Good" brand Sweet Potato Chips and "Bean-itos" brand Pinto Bean and Flax Seed Chips with World Classics Savory Cilantro Salsa.

I tried the Sweet Potato Chips yesterday and could not believe how good they were!

I went to the local Women's Health and Lifestyle fair with my mom, that's where I tried them first....they are SO good! I could eat an entire bag if I'm not careful! :)
  • sparkly96
    sparkly96 Posts: 120
    Options
    Mine is a caramel corn rice cake with a little smear of peanut butter and a few banana slices, yummy!!
  • Solislu
    Solislu Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Dannon Oikos Greek (blueberries on the bottom)
    KIND granola- peanut butter clusters
    Solid albacore (mixed with salsa or a T. of mayo made w/ olive oil) on lightly salted rice cakes
    Laughing Cow Chipotle on egg whites or on my 'tuna melt' (tuna on rice cakes topped w. a wedge and baked for 10 min.)
    Trader Joe's Heart Healthy blueberry oatmeal
    Jalapeno hummus w. veggies

ARCTIC ZERO!!! All-natural ice-cream replacement that's 150 calores for the whole pint!! And, has protein!!

:D
  • maryloo2011
    maryloo2011 Posts: 446
    Options
    And obsessed with bananas:

1/2 banana mushed up + 2 egg whites + cinnamon = 1 pancake.

banana slices on my english muffin + bp2

banana ice cream
  • Anaconda62
    Anaconda62 Posts: 181
    Options
    Greek yogurt. I'm obsessed with trying to figure out how people can put it in their faces without doing a full body dry heave.

lol - This is my response to greek yogurt. I try to love it. I've tried every brand and flavor I can get my hands on. I've tried mixing it in smoothies and protein shakes. But no matter what I do or how hard I try to convince myself it's yummy, I gag as soon as it's in my mouth.

I'm sort of like you in this when it comes to yoghurt as a sweet, but I like it in savory things. I mix cucumber slices with or without peel, garlic, dill weed, and salt. I eat it with salmon or chicken curry. It's amazing over rice. My husband grills kabobs and we put this sauce in pita halves with some of the kabobs. I also use yoghurt instead of sour cream in Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas.

I don't like sweet yoghurt dishes at all.
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Apples with peanut butter. Especially honey crisps. Or pink crisps.
    Special K cracker ships...the southwest ranch ones. I need to stop eating these stupid empty calories, but they're so good. And they're like a 'cheat' for 110 calories.

I'm stuck on apples with peanut butter too.And the honey crisp ones at that.
  • 51powerski
    51powerski Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Quark

Quorn chicken pieces

Cottage cheese
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Strawberries. They're selling them in the store and mine are just starting to pop up, i'm so excited!
    Blueberries& bananas, i'm in love
    Red river cereal. I love oatmeal, but red river with some banana& berries is just heavenly
    Lindt excellence cranberry dark chocolate- it's a great little pick-me-up
    Curry. Sriracha. Franks red hot. Thai chili sauce. Anything spicy. i coud drink it.
    Greek yogurt. In my smoothies.heck yes.
  • Raina27
    Raina27 Posts: 133
    Options
    I would have to say Nuts and Pears!! LOVE them!! Oh and the fiber one 90 cal brownies...I have one almost every night!! :D
  • liftandcycle
    Options
    my protein bar (cliff builder's) and almonds.. the combination of this in my mouth is... AMAZING!!