Replies

• reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    Love the ideas...
  • rds532
    rds532 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to make the Buffalo Chicken in the crock pot this weekend - it will give me leftovers for next week.
  • misticache
    misticache Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Love this thread! got several recipes I am excited to try!

another tip I am excited about
    it has driven my crazy for months having all these loose sheets of paper laying around of recipes I have found on here. but I never have time to stop and get them down on a card for my box. anyway--I bought me a package of white card stock to bring here at work. so, now when there is a great thread like this, i just paste all the recipes I like into a work doc and then print out on my white card stock. then, I just cut them down and I am ready to go!!!!

That is a genius idea!

One that my hubby showed me was pot roast & gravy.
    Literally take any roast put it in the bottom of pot, dump a family size can of fat free cream of mushroom soup on top, then add 1 small can of low sodium beef stock. Let simmer all day long, and serve with mashed potatoes or over pasta.

Same Idea above only substitute chicken, fat free cream of chicken soup, and low sodium chicken stock.
  • ❤lindsay❤dawn❤
    Options
    *bump*
  • djcon
    djcon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    bump
  • brendaruns
    Options
    I'm going to try this one over the weekend.. Thansks
  • katiejneely
    Options
    Hawaiian chicken.

1 can crushed pineapple
    1 jar hawaiian BBQ sauce (I used sweet baby rays sweet and spicy)
    chicken breasts

Put in crock pot on low all day. SO good. We served ours over brown rice.
  • TrueBlueBruin78
    TrueBlueBruin78 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this.
  • MrsHutcho9988
    Options
    bump :)
  • LngHrDntCr13
    LngHrDntCr13 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    **BUMP** I so love my crockpot and all these awesome recipes! :laugh:
  • DaChozn
    DaChozn Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Bump. Been eating the slow cooked cheesy chicken chili I grabbed from this website all week long over brown rice. Keep em coming!!
  • eakelley23
    eakelley23 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Bump:smile:
  • I love my crock-pot too. I love doing pumpkin soup in it. But adding heaps of vegies and lentils to it and and curry. Also I put frozen turkey hindquarters in it and slow-cook. Do gravy with cranberry sauce. I also do a beef stew that had beer in it (flat beer) treacle, worcestershire sauce and tomato paste in it. Very conflicting ingredients but tastes great. Add as many vegies to crock pot recipes. I like to add a lot of hidden legumes such as lentils.
  • MaryPhilomena
    MaryPhilomena Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    bump
  • huneybun1
    huneybun1 Posts: 12
    Options
    For the turkey chili is the service 1 cup because I would really like to try this recipi
  • sldwells
    sldwells Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!! here is something simple!! Chicken breast and cover with italion dressing and serve on brown rice!!
  • Chickabittie
    Options
    Love my crock pot, have gone through 2 of them already! Here's a meat free recipe I've been loving and making a lot, lately, from Fix It and Forget it Lightly:

Sweet Potato Lentil Stew (serves 6)

4 c fat free vegetable broth
    3 c (about 1 1/4 lbs) sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
    1 1/2 c lentils, rinsed
    3 medium carrots, cut into 1/2" pieces
    1 medium onion, chopped
    4 garlic cloves, minced
    1/2 tsp. cumin
    1/4 tsp ground ginger
    1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
    1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro or parsley
    1/4 tsp salt

1. combine first nine ingredients in slow cooker.
    2.Cook on low 5-6 hours or just until vegetables are tender.
    3.Stir in cilantro and salt just before serving.

Variations: For added flavor, you may want to increase cumin to 3/4-1 tsp and ginger to 1/2 tsp. You may also stir in 1/3 c raisins, 1/4 c chopped nuts, and 1/4 c grated coconut just before serving.

( I did not do the add on variations, but I DID bump up the seasonings and salt a bit.)

280 cals, 1g. total fat, 580mg sodium, 54 total carbs, (19g fiber, 12 g sugar) 16g protein, 300% vit A, 25% vit C, 8% calcium, 30% iron
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Crockpot Chicken Paprikash (or Csirke Paprikás)
    Ingredients
    1 whole Large Onion, Thinly Sliced
    4 whole Chicken Thighs
    Salt And Pepper, to taste
    2 Tablespoons Paprika, Or More To Taste
    ½ cups Water
    Tapioca Starch, Cornstarch, Or Flour (optional)
    ¾ cups 0% fat greek yogurt (sour cream is more traditional, but I feel less guilty using greek yogurt)

1. Place thinly sliced onions in the bottom of your slow cooker.
    2. Season both sides of each chicken thigh with salt, pepper, and paprika.
    You can use chicken breasts if you prefer, but I like chicken thighs or legs.
    3. Place your chicken thighs in your slow cooker on top of the onions. Pour the water over the chicken and cover. Cook on low for about 8 hours, or on high for at least 4 hours. The lower and longer the better. (My daddy always said this should be cooked over a "low fire". I personally think he'd have wanted it eight hours in the crock pot rather than four, but I'm just guessing. We didn't use a crock pot when I was growing up...)
    4. Once the chicken has had time to get tender, take the chicken pieces from the pot, and remove the bones. Set the meat aside. Don't strain out the liquid!!
    5. Mix the greek yogurt into the liquid left in the slow cooker. If you desire a thicker sauce, make a slurry out of 1/4 cup water and 1 tablespoon of cornstarch, and whisk into the gravy. Bring to a boil in a pot until thickened.
    6. Stir the gravy and the chicken together.
    I like to serve this over potatoes I baked in the microwave.

Not quite like Momma used to make, but it's my own fault for substituting sour cream with greek yogurt. I know in my heart though that they'd be pleased that I can adjust recipes to my own dietary needs.
  • superdrood
    superdrood Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Bump for later perusal.
  • determined1221
    determined1221 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    BUMP...bump/ bump I love my crockpot. It's mostly my winter cooking. Makes house smell fantastic! Oh and if you haven't heard yet there are crock pot liners...great inventions like plastic bags that line the pot. No clean up....he he he :)

as for recipies... anything

meat
    veggies
    sauce or soup seasonings

enjoy!

best to not put salt or pepper in cause it gets stronger the next day. I let each person salt/pepper as needed.

I had NOT heard about the liners!! you just made my Friday very exciting!!!