scariest movie you've ever seen?

Replies

• chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    the exorcism of emily rose. watched alone during a thunder storm cause i was feeling tough. mistake.

This one scared the poo out of me too. I ended up changing my sleep schedule to 4am-noon because I couldn't sleep before 3am.
  • mariacamera
    mariacamera Posts: 14 Member
    I don't watch scary movies....but my brother made me watch Paranormal Activity, and it was SUPER SPOOKY. I had trouble sleeping after that one. It didn't help that I was visiting my brother at the time, and his house was very similar to the one in the movie. NOT that it was haunted or anything. haha
  • psiren28
    psiren28 Posts: 530 Member
    the exorcism of emily rose. watched alone during a thunder storm cause i was feeling tough. mistake.

Yeah that one's scary. The actress in it was fantastic!
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    All the Paranormal Activity movies freaked me out! I knew they weren't real but I couldn't sleep for days.
  • stephgxx
    stephgxx Posts: 10 Member
    I love them all but I couldn't sleep without covers over my legs for a while after watching the first paranormal activity lol.
  • MrsKosal
    MrsKosal Posts: 415 Member
    I am a huge scary movie buff! LOVE THEM! Not many of them truely scare me, but Texas Chainsaw Massacre defintely disturbed me a little.
  • RH_Brazell
    RH_Brazell Posts: 339
    The poltergeist scared the crap out of me when i was younger
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Did anyone see that movie Wrong Turn? That one gave me nightmares!!!! Totally creepy!
  • linsey76A
    linsey76A Posts: 102
    I absolutely love scary movies. I watch them all...for me it is the exorcist all the way...when i was younger i was also terrified of the omen
  • ster81
    ster81 Posts: 249
    Only one I can think of.. Candy Man!!! I was still a little kid when this movie came out and I could not sleep for weeks or even enter the bathroom at night lol
  • sthomse5
    sthomse5 Posts: 22 Member
    Devil Inside!!!! I couldn't sleep for like 2 weeks haha. I'm a religious person so those things are real to me...and I'm a huge baby when it comes to scary movies. But seriously, its a great scary movie.
  • Arachnaphobia.

I don't care that it was made in the 1980's. I was a little kid when I saw it the first time, and it's the ONLY movie ever to make me scream and have nightmares. I personally love horror movies, but that one... tch. No way. I'm in my 20's and still can't watch it without spazzing out lol
  • Mazzyx
    Mazzyx Posts: 131
    Insidious! I actually screamed in the cinema when watching it!
    Stephen Kings IT scared me when I was younger and has caused my hatred of Spiders and Clowns, however watched it a few years back and it was naff, still creeped me out but it was naff.
    Jurassic Park, believe it or not, freaked me out...I couldnt look out the window without thinking a dinosaur was going to walk past! haha!
    Im such a wuss....:ohwell:
    xxx
  • reshapemariah21
    reshapemariah21 Posts: 184 Member
    All the Paranormal Activity movies freaked me out! I knew they weren't real but I couldn't sleep for days.

^^ THIS! I was pregnant when I saw the first one, fearing I would get dragged out of my bed in the middle of the night. lol
  • Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    I love love love scary movies. But, the Grudge and more so "It" was even too scary for me. :huh:
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Hahaha when I was 12 I saw Signs...the dumb movie with the aliens. It scared the crap out of me! Lol in my defense I had a pretty sheltered childhood and it was my first "scary" movie. I went with some friends for a birthday party and when I got home late that night I woke up my younger sister and slept on the floor of her room because I was seriously freaked out. No other movie I've seen has really scared me, but I still don't really care for alien movies...
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,374 Member
    When I was younger...Poltergeist - I am still afraid of clowns..lol

A few years ago...The Ring...She was a scary b*#@!!!

Lately it would have to be Paranormal Activity - All of them...Just b/c it seemed real & supposedly was real??...The end of them freaked me out!!! :)

I am a horror movie buff...I love to be scared but I haven't found any lately that really scare me (even though I am usually home alone watching them... :( ...I think I have seen most of them out there...One series of movies I love though is SAW - All of them too....They didn't scare me but I loved to see the things he would come up with to make people make the choices that they did...CRAZY Stuff!!!

16043484.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • binky610
    binky610 Posts: 17

Yeah that one's scary. The actress in it was fantastic!

She also was in "Quarantine," another really creepy movie.
  • psychopiglet
    psychopiglet Posts: 130 Member
    Signs. It's that scene in The Dark near the end... I slept with the light on (if I was by myself) for years after that.
  • All that are mentioned are really good ones. I'm not into blood and gore as much as scary and thrilling. But when I was a kid Chucky freaked me out. But I think the best was DEVIL...OMG, that old lady freaked me out. But yes, The Grudge, Paranormal Activity, Exorcism of Emily Rose, Case 39 WAS AWESOME...., the Fourth Kind was good, and the one that always makes my hair stand straight up is SIGNS, where the alien is video taped in Mexico walking across the alley staring straight at you, SOOOO CREEPY!!!