Lost 7 lbs since last Thursday by eating MORE!

Options
KacieHetrick
KacieHetrick Posts: 259 Member
I lost 50 lbs from October to February by following low cal (1200/day and eating back exercise calories), I stalled and lost/gained the same 5 lbs for a month. I decided to try something different so I increased my calories to 1700 (which is a little over my BMR) last week and since increasing my calories and continuing to eat back all of my exercise calories I have continually lost a pound a day for the last week!!! :D

I can understand maybe losing 1 or 2 lbs in a week but 7!? This is great! I hope weight loss lasts like this for at least another week! Then I'm ok with seeing a 1 to 2 pound loss a week again!

Replies

• Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I am so glad you posted this! I recently upped my calories....seeing a gain my first week but going to stick with it a little longer and see what happens. you have given me hope!!
  • Dcjodie
    Dcjodie Posts: 7
    Options
    That's awesome! Not just the weight loss but you were listening to your body and knew you had to do something.

I, too, have 7.2 lbs this week--my first week so I know how you are feeling :)

Have a great Friday and even better weekend.
  • jj3120
    jj3120 Posts: 358
    Options
    Well done!!

That's great to know : ) I've recently upped my calories so hoping for similar success!
  • skusky01
    skusky01 Posts: 16
    Options
    I lost 4 pounds in two weeks eating 1200 calories/day, then gained two of those back over the next two weeks. My doctor had actually told me that 1200 was plenty, so I was reluctant to increase it, but was getting desperate so I gave it a try. In three days I've managed to get those two pounds back off and I am really hoping it continues!! Who would have thought that you need to eat more to lose!
  • akesi
    akesi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!! I am so motivated...:smile:
  • alicia2601
    alicia2601 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! I've upped my calorie intake as well. I lost 5 lbs once I started MFP, then i've stalled here lately. Come to find out, I could have been unintentionally starving myself....netting only around 1200 calories, sometimes below.

So I decided to see what my BMR and TDEE were since I saw that brought up alot on here. My BMR is 1468 and TDEE is 2276. Someone said to stay in between those two numbers to lose weight so that's what i've been trying to do.

I'm glad you posted this, very encouraging!! :)
  • ELee0517
    ELee0517 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Glad you posted this! I just started MFP a few weeks ago and have been losing 2lbs per week, until this week I didn't lose anything. I know I am losing inches, but it's frustrating to not see the scale move. I'm thinking I need to up my calories because I'm at 1290 a day, but I'm not eating back my calories after exercising so it ends up being 1000-1100. I realize now that's way too low. I plan on uping my calories a bit and see what happens next week at weigh in time! And congrats on 7lbs in a week!
  • juliekbwell
    juliekbwell Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I was excited to read your post, because I did something similar. I lost 29 lbs from Jan. 4 - Mar. 7 and have not lost another pound since. I have lost 6.75 inches in those two weeks though. Anyway...I decided to up my calories from 1200 to 1400/day and I decided to stop eating my exercise calories, because I was before. Hoping the change gives me similar results to yours! Great job!!! Hope it stays this way, or at least you lose what you have MFP set to lose. THANKS for your post! :)
  • MamaWannaRun
    MamaWannaRun Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    thanks for posting this... I've been trying to work the TDEE/BMR formula's and it is nice to hear success!
  • minadeathclutch
    minadeathclutch Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    guys def up your calories.. Im losing really well now.. almost daily! because I am eating more!
  • KacieHetrick
    KacieHetrick Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear you are all giving the eating for your BMR a shot! I think this is a REALLY healthy way to go! :)
  • sweetie1975
    sweetie1975 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: WTG
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    It worked for me too! I upped my cals and lost 2.2lbs in a week after a 2 week stall! Great job!
  • thedudetteusa
    thedudetteusa Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    what is the BMI/TDEE thing I have been hearing about? what site did you use?
  • cindyluu17
    Options
    I've been trying this too but I'm kinda confused. My numbers are 1386 BMI and 1663 TDEE. does that mean I NET in between those two or I my food intake is in between those two?
  • ladyfingers39
    Options
    Good for you! I still don't understand the eating back your calories deal...sigh...
  • megmay2591
    megmay2591 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I just started doing this, but I have tried not to go by what the scale goes, since my workout routine is muscle building too. I'm hoping there will be some results! I did lose a pound while on vacation in Mexico!
  • DanielleRN8
    DanielleRN8 Posts: 409
    Options
    Way to go! Every time I up my calories, the weight falls off! It feels so unnatural but obviously it's the right thing to do! :)
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Wow. I needed to see this right now, thank you. I've been stalled on a very low cal intake for a while now, and I've been searching for motivation to increase my cals. I'm worried my weight will shoot up, but hopefully my body will react the way yours has.
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I may need to try that! I'm at 1200 cals. and haven't lost much over the past month.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!