Replies

• nikkilou1978
    nikkilou1978 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Oh man! Day one kicked my butt!
  • cjhart81
    cjhart81 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I am on day 3 so far and can really feel it already! Love it!
  • nikkilou1978
    Options
    Oh man! Day one kicked my butt!

I think I did something wrong. I skipped yesterday because the front of my thighs hurt so bad. But I did walk 3 miles instead. Today it hurts to sit , stand, walk, do stairs. Could it be a form problem? Is it supposed to hurt this bad? I think I'm pretty good with pain but dang this hurts! I used 5 lb weights. Nothing else hurts except my thighs.
  • Melburrow
    Melburrow Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    As long as it is a muscle soreness you're probably ok. If it hurts when you're not moving at all, that isn't a good thing. You might try using less weight if it is too challenging, start small and build up. Also, make sure you get enough protein after a workout cause that will help your muscles repair faster, and plenty of water!
  • nikkilou1978
    Options
    As long as it is a muscle soreness you're probably ok. If it hurts when you're not moving at all, that isn't a good thing. You might try using less weight if it is too challenging, start small and build up. Also, make sure you get enough protein after a workout cause that will help your muscles repair faster, and plenty of water!

I always go over my protein every day. And my water intake is good. I don't know if it is the weights, my arms and chest don't hurt at all. But I am used to lugging around my 30lb son. Maybe I just pushed myself too hard. I wanted to give it my all. I am going to give it a few days then try again. Thanks for the advice!
  • MissLala_x
    Options
    I did this for a week before i found out i was pregnant and was already seeing noticeable results. Started back yesterday and forgot how hard it was. I'm so sore today haha! But strangely I enjoy the workout so much I'm happy to continue to let Jillian kick my *kitten* every day haha :P
  • Tara_Alesia
    Tara_Alesia Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    SQUATS ARE KILLER! My boyfriend and I will be doing day 5 tonight, and we FINALLY feel better after yesterday. The first three days are the hardest. Today was weigh-in, and I only lost a half a pound, but I'm so much stronger than I was only 5 days ago.
  • AmberFaith90
    AmberFaith90 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I finished L1D3 today. I plan on doing 10 days per level. This is how I will plan out my workouts for the next month or so:

30DS for 2 days - Cardio - 30DS for 2 days - Cardio - Rest! And repeat. Jillian says that's how it's supposed to be done in her podcast. For my cardio, I run for 30 minutes and do Zumba for an hour.

Feel free to send me a friend request! (:
  • katejenkins1
    katejenkins1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I just started today and she kicked my *kitten*.... gonna keep at it! No excuses!!!
  • shaymo10
    shaymo10 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Ditto! This site is so great! It is nice to have support!

Does anyone know how many calories you burn on 30 Day Shred, Level 1?
  • EB4life
    EB4life Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    It varies how many cals u burn but for me it was always around 230-250 depending on intensity & level. I used my HRM to determine cals burned.

As of yesterday, I completed shred and here are my results:
    Began on 02/21/12:
    Neck: 16.5 inches
    16....on 03/12
    15.5 03/22
    (-1 inches lost)

Arm: 13....
    12 (03/12)
    11.5 03/15
    Same 03/22
    (-1.5')

Waist:34.....33.5...
    33 on 03/03/12
    32.5 03/12/12
    32 on 03/15/12
    31.5 03/22
    (-2.5)

Belly button: 38...
    37.5 03/03
    36 03/12
    35.5 03/14
    35 on 03/15
    34.5 03/22
    (-3.5)

Hips/Biggest belly part/butt: 42...41.5.....
    40.5 03/03
    Same on 03/12
    40 on 3/15
    39.5 03/22
    (-2.5)

Thigh: 24.5...24 same on 03/12
    23.5 03/22
    (-1)

Total inches lost= 12!!
    Weight lost= 7 lbs since starting MFP on 02/12/12
    Started Shred on 02/21/12 & didn't measure until about 4-5 days into the workout. I didn't think I could do this. I can't believe I am a Jillian graduate! Alone, I might have given up. There were days when I didn't feel like shredding & I even wanted to skip, but had supporters backing me up. That's why I am loving MFP! Good luck! Stick w/ it & u will definitely see results.
    P.S. I have been eating super healthy since 02/12/12 & never going over my recommended MFP cals.
  • angelasmith230
    angelasmith230 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know if this is safe to do if your overweight??

I have been REALLY wanting to try it but have read horror stories of people tearing ligaments in their knees and such!!
  • pingu_4
    pingu_4 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I started the 30 day shred once in the past and noticed results pretty quick. I gave up after about 10 days though because i was so busy.

Today i am starting again! This time i am determined to make it through the 30 days!

I'm going to measure myself before i start and keep track that way.

I'll keep checking back to see how everyone is getting on :-)
  • pingu_4
    pingu_4 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    How do you keep track of 30 day shred in the exercise section on here? I see it doesn't come up in the search of exercises. Anyone know?