Almost done - From 280lbs to 151 with pictures

Options
invisibubble
invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
At my heaviest I was 294lbs, and I was only 19 years old. Understandably I have very little photo documentation of myself; I hated myself enough without there being lasting imagery of me knocking about.
Over the years I've been through a lot. I went from eating far too much from as early as two, and mostly junk, to eating a spoonful of oatmeal a day, becoming afraid of all food (and most other things. I have mental issues and go through episodes) making all the mistakes like not eating breakfast, eating far too few calories...
My thighs used to bleed where they rubbed together, and I wore stretchy trousers that rubbed away over time at the inner thighs. I'd get worse when I was going thorugh an episode. I'd obsess, hurt myself with exercising and stop eating if I gained an ounce.

Eating well was hard with my mind the way it was, also we lived in a tiny room in shared houses with strangers who would steal, and my agoraphobia made things even worse. I would do pilates and yoga whenever I could in what tiny space I could find that I felt safe in, and tried to just accept myself for who I was, and if I lost weight, all the better. Of course, I hated myself but at least I could pretend.

I'm sorry if I'm inducing tl;dr in you guys. I don't expect this to be read.

Anyway my weight has back-and-forth'ed a little with illness and whatnot, and I have so many issues about it in my head. It's why I joined MFP with very little to lose until I hit my goal; it helps me to calm down now that I just log everything rather than add calories, fats, all nutrients over and over in my head all day long.
I've gathered what photo evidence I have. Mainly to show myself, because I have body dismorphic and I hate everything about myself at regular intervals. This is my proof, brain! LOOK!

Face:
facecomparison%2520%25282%2529.jpg

Body (same tshirt, tight fitting in the "before" and pulled in behind me in the "after" so there's two fistfuls of fabric tucked into my trousers in the second, you can actually see where it's baggy and bulging weird at the ribs cause I didn't pull it down enough! :laugh: ):
compari2%2520%25282%2529.jpg

Now I'm focussing on toning some more. Arms in particular, and losing the subcutaneous fat on my stomach so hopefully the skin'll tighten up. I expect no miracles having been obese from aged 5-22.

Anyway, that's my story so far. Hope I haven't bored anyone too much :embarassed:

Replies

• emmamcblain
    emmamcblain Posts: 342
    Options
    You look FANTASTIC. Amazing effort. :D
  • invisibubble
    Options
    :grumble: Bloody hell, it's too big!

Ah, fixed.
  • alix1105
    alix1105 Posts: 80
    Options
    Wow! such a difference in your face! you look beautiful! keep up the amazing work !
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's amazing! PS. Love the hair color...
  • BeckaT79
    BeckaT79 Posts: 216
    Options
    Awesome Job!!
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Beautiful!
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    That is a lot of weight to lose so big ongrats to you, I wish you the best with finding peace with yourself and your body :heart:
  • Jmstill300
    Jmstill300 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    That's a great effort! Well done!
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I love that your hair changed as much as your body. ;) Good work.
  • kekl
    kekl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    You are lovely! I wish you the best on your journey :)

edit: to add, I want to say I love your hair :) I wish I could pull off blond hair!
  • invisibubble
    Options
    :happy: Thank you for your support.
    Jmstill, bloody hell, you're a trouser leg of your former self! :noway: Well done yourself! :wink:
  • invisibubble
    Options
    I love that your hair changed as much as your body. ;) Good work.

Haha, it did! Thank you. I love your picture, by the way.
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC! What an awesome job you have done. You should be proud of yourself, you are a very beautiful women who has worked hard to overcome some serious issues and accomplished such a lot. You are an inspiration to so many of us that don't have some of the issues you have had to contend with. Well done! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • truecountrygirl
    truecountrygirl Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    wow thank you so much for this today i was thinking that im doing this for nothing but now i got the motivation i need great work. if you want to add me as a friend you can i can use all the advice i can get
  • kellibenage
    Options
    Thank you for posting such a personal story. You are inspiring!
  • egiakatt
    egiakatt Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I am so very happy for you. You look great. Your making great changes in your life and it will be a blessing always
  • EloiseCanRun
    Options
    Congrats on both changing your physical appearance and working on the root of the weight-gain issue.
    You are lovely.
    And your hair is super cute (:
  • Reptileszz
    Reptileszz Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You totally rock! Good for you!
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    We started at the same weight- I'm gonna catch up to you soon ^_^
    You've done an amazing job! Congratulations!!
  • andreusfault
    andreusfault Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You look great!!! All the transformations you must have gone thru. You truely are an inspiration! You don't even look like the same girl... Wow and GOOD FOR YOU CHICKY!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!