I jogged my first mile!

Options

Replies

• MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    well done! I've only been running since the beginning of the year, but I love how easy it is to get ready and get out.
  • runninglucy
    runninglucy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That's terrific! Keep it up -- if you can run 1 mile, you can run 2! I remember my first mile... one mistake I made, however, was not putting the treadmill on an incline -- I ran with it completely level so when I went outside to run it felt like I was completely starting over. I could literally run for 5 miles with no walk breaks on my treadmill and then went to the gravel 1 mile track with my husband and could barely run 1/4 of mile without a walk break.
  • rissadiane
    rissadiane Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    That's terrific! Keep it up -- if you can run 1 mile, you can run 2! I remember my first mile... one mistake I made, however, was not putting the treadmill on an incline -- I ran with it completely level so when I went outside to run it felt like I was completely starting over. I could literally run for 5 miles with no walk breaks on my treadmill and then went to the gravel 1 mile track with my husband and could barely run 1/4 of mile without a walk break.

How much of an incline do you recommend? I've been running level too, I didn't think of that!
  • kawanna941
    kawanna941 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    This is awesome! You did it!!!
  • fourluvbugs
    fourluvbugs Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is fantastic!
  • alliesun53
    alliesun53 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    YAY!!! I had this NSV yesterday. I was so happy, so I know the feeling. :) Keep it up!!
  • reb6672
    reb6672 Posts: 21
    Options
    That's a huge leap!! That's awesome!!! You're inspiring me to crank up the speed a little on the treadmill today :)
  • rissadiane
    Options
    That's a huge leap!! That's awesome!!! You're inspiring me to crank up the speed a little on the treadmill today :)

Best of luck! Let me know how it goes :flowerforyou:
  • gjc50
    gjc50 Posts: 35
    Options
    yay you!
  • rissadiane
    Options
    yay you!

Thank you :)
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    That is absolutely awesome! I am SO proud of you! This made me tear up!
  • gtwin
    gtwin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Before you know it...you're be running a 1 1/2, then 2 miles, and so on. Just push yourself to go a little further each time you run...even if it's just for a 1/4 mile.
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I have heard the incline should be at 2%. I can't do that on the treadmill where I work out because they have it to shut off after 25min. So then I have to wait for it to stop and then start it again and that is so annoying! If I set it to do a 5K it won't shut off until I am done, but for some reason on the 5K setting you can't use incline. It is very frustrating.

Anyway, CONGRATS!!!! I know exactly how exciting it is. Be very proud of yourself! I am now up to running 15min at 5mph and I honestly can not believe it! I can only run 4min outside though, it just feels impossible outside!
  • rissadiane
    Options
    I have heard the incline should be at 2%. I can't do that on the treadmill where I work out because they have it to shut off after 25min. So then I have to wait for it to stop and then start it again and that is so annoying! If I set it to do a 5K it won't shut off until I am done, but for some reason on the 5K setting you can't use incline. It is very frustrating.

Anyway, CONGRATS!!!! I know exactly how exciting it is. Be very proud of yourself! I am now up to running 15min at 5mph and I honestly can not believe it! I can only run 4min outside though, it just feels impossible outside!
    [/quote

That's awesome! I can't wait to get up to 5 mph. Occasionally when I start to get tired I'll up it to 5.0 for like a minute just to get my blood pumping again, but I'm next to death after that haha
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I totally am always inspired by you!!! great work!!!

I set the treadmill at a 1% incline
  • IRun4Me_12
    IRun4Me_12 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I know from experience that is an awesome feeling! Keep up the great work!
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    Great job!

I'm trying to do c25k and I can't wait to run a whole mile!
  • bigtone34
    bigtone34 Posts: 136
    Options
    Congrats! Great start!!!
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Forget "wanting to be a runner," you ARE a RUNNER LADY!! GREAT GOING!!!

And people call my runs "jogs"....but I ALWAYS correct them: "Maybe it's a jog for you, but it's a &*(#$ RUN for me!!"

Keep it up!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • debbieLamphere
    Options
    yeah good job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!