Vegetarians

Options

Replies

• CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    i spent one year as a strict vegan, but now eat about 3 portions of animal products each week including wild salmon, pasture raised eggs, some cheeses, and an occasional bite (to taste) of the meat I cook for my family. Someone warned me I could loose the ability to digest animal foods, and that scared me a little - forever scares me!!

Anyway, this is my first day back on myfitness pal and I need friends with like-minds, too. Add me if you wish.
  • lapswimr
    lapswimr Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi! How is everyone doing? Just started using the site. Not sure how to add people, but feel free to add me if you like. (Been a vegetarian for 11 years.)
  • Vyshness8699
    Vyshness8699 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I've been a lacto-vegetarian for 14 yrs ..( very rarely I eat salmon) Im also very familiar with the vegan lifestyle as well bc my parents are strict vegans feel free to add me : )
  • marigold8g
    marigold8g Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I've been vegetarian for almost 20 years and my kids are vegetarian as well (not my husband though!!) would live more veggie friends so feel free to add me!
  • 1rayhamilton
    Options
    I'm vegan.
  • sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Another vegetarian here! My diary is public if you are interested.
  • louiseamatista
    louiseamatista Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    hi I'm vegan - I was vegetarian for approx 25 years plus before going vegan six months ago :)
  • crestfaller
    Options
    You should look into protein supplements. I use the Protein Factory Whey Isolate CFM and it is 25+g of protein per drink and no carbs or fat. :)
  • BJPCraig
    BJPCraig Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Plenty of us! Check for "vegetarian" under the groups section!
  • millie_de
    millie_de Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm a non-dairy pescatarian, anyone feel free to add me :) my food log is open
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Yep! 7+ years now.
  • tiggersstar
    tiggersstar Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    veggie music & animal lover here!

:flowerforyou:
  • Jezebel_Barbie
    Jezebel_Barbie Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I guess technically I would be labled a vegetarian!! :smile: But like Marie below, I also eat seafood on occasion ( mainly just salmon or shrimp), and if my body craves a burger (which is about once every three or four months) I will eat it. I am a pretty picky eater, and I have found that I just really do like veggies and fruits more than all the processed foods out there. It helps that I love cooking and trying new recipes a well.

No, technically you're not a vegetarian. It's cool if you still eat meat and seafood if that's what you want, but however rarely you eat it it still doesn't make you a vegetarian.
  • jenprettyinpink
    jenprettyinpink Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Vegan for 5 months . I recently started adding raw veggies into my diet.
  • sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    you add me!
  • arjun07
    arjun07 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Been a vegi ever since i can remember. Love to add a few new friends :)
  • Kristhin
    Kristhin Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Vegan for 1.5 years! Love being vegan!!!
  • Lyra89
    Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    All veggies PLEASE add me! Looking for lots of food ideas form the food diaries of others :)
  • TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I am! I've been a vegetarian since I was a toddler :)
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Was also going to mention if there are any other vegetarians/vegans after a new friend please add me also. Especially if you don't mind someone who blogs about clothes and food a lot.