Jogging NSV! Pic!

Options
2»

Replies

• Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I hope to post the same soon, u have inspired me to run my first.
  • BJC78
    BJC78 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • gimmewellness
    gimmewellness Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Way to Go!!! I've just started running under the watchful eye of the chiropractor at my work. I'm at 2 min of walking and 1 min of running. Every day gets just a bit easier. Good for you for completing a Goal!!
  • mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    well done.

you'll be running it in under 30 mins in no time then.
  • Kudzuki
    Kudzuki Posts: 1
    Options
    Good for you girl! I just ran/walked my first 5k on St. Patrick's day. 44ish minutes. It just felt good to actually do it.
  • MommyRobin
    MommyRobin Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Good for you girl! I just ran/walked my first 5k on St. Patrick's day. 44ish minutes. It just felt good to actually do it.

I know what you mean. I always feel good after a run. But to accomplish something like this...
  • janjan369
    janjan369 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    This is great! My first time out was 40 min and so far I have only been able to get it down to 38! How long did it take for you to get down to 35 min?
  • tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I just started running a month ago-any advice .....I have a 5 k April 21st and right now I can only run 2 miles without stopping and I really need some advice on how to push myself that last mile. Id like to do it without stopping, I don't care how long it takes me!
  • peachied
    peachied Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    congrats on the new time! keep working, keep running :)
  • MommyRobin
    Options
    This is great! My first time out was 40 min and so far I have only been able to get it down to 38! How long did it take for you to get down to 35 min?

A couple months. But, I do elliptical every night, too. So that helps with my endurance.
  • mousecat84
    Options
    Woohoo! That is awesome, thank you for sharing! I can't wait to also reach that goal!
  • MommyRobin
    Options
    I just started running a month ago-any advice .....I have a 5 k April 21st and right now I can only run 2 miles without stopping and I really need some advice on how to push myself that last mile. Id like to do it without stopping, I don't care how long it takes me!

I jogged the first mile, walked the first 1/4 of the second mile, jogged the rest of the second mile. Walked the first 1/4 of the 3rd, jogged the rest of the way. My advice is to add to your run in increments of 1/4 miles. That's what is working for me.
  • MommyRobin
    Options
    I'm trying to get in shape for this:

http://runforyourlives.com/locations/austin-tx/
  • MommyRobin
    Options
    Wish me luck! I'm going to try to beat my time today. Going jogging at the track with my hubby! I'm shooting for 34 min.!
  • sproeber89
    Options
    That is awesome! I'm at just under 41 minutes :) You will be under 30 minutes super soon!
  • byrnet18
    byrnet18 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Wow that's fast!! Way to go!!
  • vabchloser
    vabchloser Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    That is excellent and it will only get better with practice!!
  • determinedhealthy
    determinedhealthy Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Great job! It's amazing to know where you came from and be able to accomplish what you just did!!!! I just began day 1 of couch to 5k and hope to be able to say the same thing someday in the near future. You look great!
  • MommyRobin
    Options
    Ran 5k in 34 min 58 sec. I'm loving my new heart rate monitor. A bday gift from my in-laws.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!