I have finally kicked my addiction to coke/pepsi

Options
It's been hard but success - I replaced it with a lot of herbal tea - and now even when I crave it and cave in - I don't like the taste of it!!!

I have also managed to lose 10lbs so far (since Nov 2011) ...may have lost more but haven't weighed myself since feb. I have another 20lbs to go!!!

Replies

• PopePopsicleIV
    Options
    Congrats!! I've cut back on my soda intake and its done wonders for me. i still have an occasional sip of my boyfriend's pepsi, but I don't drink one-to-three a day like I used to! Now It's just a sip every week or so! i know how good it feels to let go of that soda addiction :P Good job! and Congrats on the weight loss! Thats fantastic!
  • imsleepdeprived
    imsleepdeprived Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Good stuff!!

My next challenge is to cut down on the wine!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Yes!
  • rap1035
    rap1035 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Gratz!! I know that is a hard one! :happy:
  • nightscare0
    Options
    I used to have a hardcore Pepsi addiction too. I would go through 5 or more cans a day. I quit cold turkey and the headaches were horrible! Now though, even if I take a sip of soda it is just too sweet for me. Water with Crystal light is my drink of choice. Kudos to you! :)
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Mine was Sprite, and it was soooo tough, but now I don't even like it anymore either. It really is a BIG deal to get all that extra sugar out of your diet, so good for you!! :D
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Good job! I used to drink Dr Pepper almost every day. I'm so glad I was able to break that addiction! It was a tough one :tongue:
  • Swopkin
    Swopkin Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Your weight and teeth will be grateful!
  • mdj1501
    mdj1501 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I used to drink 3-5 cans a day too.... its been a month since I have had one. I know I feel better and hope you do too!:flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!