• Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    This guy chews gum like that:

Jaws.jpg
  • wjewell
    wjewell Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Chewing gum actually makes you hungrier. The chewing sensation makes your body think you are eating (like you said) but when no food is going into your tummy, and you're salivating, it just makes you more hungry.
  • Cheval13
    Cheval13 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    This is a fun thread... feeling like a squirrel and jaws of steel made me smile.
    I think chewing gum has its benefits, but the sugar alcohol causes way too much GI stress from my body. Stomach cramps and horrible (HORRIBLE) gas are not worth fighting the urge to snack. Mind you, I was going through a pack a day, which was the problem. Hopefully it helps you. :)
  • desireedare
    Options
    I'm glad everyone else is getting a kick out of this. It helps my boredom and keeps me from snacking on PEANUTS. I'm literally addicted to peanuts and I could end up eating an unhealthy amount if I don't stop myself.
  • desireedare
    Options
    like i said, i was bored at work and was saying that i find that it helps my need to snack. if you go look at my progress post, you can see that I know what i'm doing. I, and the other people who posted on this, can clearly laugh and joke about this (hence the squirrel comment). Please go take your serious comments elsewhere. I work 45 hours a week, go to school 24 hours a week, manage to do an internship, and still go to the gym 6 days a week and I am training for my first fitness competition. Thanks but no thanks for the feedback.

The chit-chat forum is over there -->.

ps- you can choose not to click or read. You're the one taking time to comment. :)
    This is the general diet and weight loss help forum. Telling someone to "take their facts elsewhere" when they post a serious response to your article is, well.. we both know what it is, but I don't want to get banned for saying it.
  • eriemer
    eriemer Posts: 197
    Options
    I tend to chew the same piece of gum for up to three hours, long after the flavor is gone. Mostly because I get busy doing other stuff. Nasty habit but gotta say it does stop me from snacking! I don't know anyone who would want to chew 100/minute. But when your jaw aches after chewing gum all day you have got to be burning some calories, study or no study!
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I should do this. I want my jaw muscles to be ripped, dammit, ripped!

Ha! Jaws of steel!

I just snorted. LOL
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    Party-popcorn530.jpg
  • desireedare
    Options
    Party-popcorn530.jpg

i have a popcorn machine at work.. weird?
  • rachelfaith92
    rachelfaith92 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    LOL I just chewed gum 100 times in a minute and I felt like a squirrel!

Lol! Made my night!
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Excellent points. I skimmed the post and it sounded like nonsense.
  • hopefloatsup
    hopefloatsup Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    LOL I just chewed gum 100 times in a minute and I felt like a squirrel!

I wonder how many calories I just burned laughing for a good 10 minutes straight LOL Thank you for that!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    2lwsn5c.jpg

Just don't swallow!
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I'm glad everyone else is getting a kick out of this. It helps my boredom and keeps me from snacking on PEANUTS. I'm literally addicted to peanuts and I could end up eating an unhealthy amount if I don't stop myself.

It's very hard to eat peanuts while chewing gum.:laugh: