I jogged my first mile!

Options
13»

Replies

• amie0724
    amie0724 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    way to go ! That is exactly how you start out . When I started running I could only do a mile then almost 2 miles now two years later I have worked up tp 3.65 miles . Not everyday will be a strong day , so dont get discouraged . You sound like you are on your way to becoming a runner . Good job!
  • Happyguy
    Happyguy Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Forget "wanting to be a runner," you ARE a RUNNER LADY!! GREAT GOING!!!

And people call my runs "jogs"....but I ALWAYS correct them: "Maybe it's a jog for you, but it's a &*(#$ RUN for me!!"

Keep it up!!!! :flowerforyou:
    ^^^This! You ARE a runner! Woohooo!
  • Rocking_Robin
    Rocking_Robin Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Congrats....that is just OUTSTANDING!!!!! I did my first mile maybe a year ago and this May I will be doing my first half marathon.....Be very proud of yourself!!!
  • final10
    final10 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    That's great! I'm on the last week of the C25k and I first started a year ago! I think that first mile was the hardest. :)
  • femme62209
    femme62209 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! That is such an exciting milestone :) You are awesome!
  • katekrise
    katekrise Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I remember thinking that a mile was impossible last year. I was starting the c25k this time last year. Keep it up! You will be amazed at how much you are capable of and how fun running gets!

-Kate
  • melhayes1115
    melhayes1115 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I remember when this happened to me! CONGRATULATIONS! It's so empowering. Just keep going and remember, you can always make it "just 1 more minute." you rock! :bigsmile:
  • manda1002
    manda1002 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! That's so awesome!! I'm up to about a half, three quarters of a mile and that's huge for me. I cant even imagine how it feels to do a whole mile! You're so awesome!!

As for the incline, no less than 1%, no greater than 2% :) Keep it up! Can't wait to see the topic "I jogged 2 miles"!!
  • biddy249
    biddy249 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Now, this week set your goal on running 1.25 miles, you can do it.
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • chell53
    chell53 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Nicely done...........I just started to run on the treadmill, have not made the mile yet, but I am working on it..............

Congrats to you and keep up the good work...
  • tam823
    tam823 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    What an amazing feeling! Keep on running. It is amazing how good it makes you feel!
  • Knitiquegirl
    Options
    Good for you. Slow and steady. Just be consistent and you'll get the results you desire. GREAT JOB!!!
  • kaetra
    kaetra Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    That is really fantastic!

One of my goals is to be able to jog a mile without stopping or dying. Can't wait to be there with ya!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!