Woman who don't like men with tons of muscles

Options

Replies

• Lolli1986
    Lolli1986 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    We all have a preference, some women like men with big muscles some don't. A lot of women say they get hit on by these guys, and reject them. That's a good example.

Like for me, I don't any one who's at least 5'9" with a modeling contract, blonde hair, blue eyes, longer than shoulder length hair, clear complexion and athletic figure.

less of a joke than you think....

men talk about what they are attracted to in a woman ALL the time... why so much bashing when women do it.

And hey, how about we remember that it's actually beneficial for men to hear that, hey, i don't need to try to compete with the guys on roids by taking roids too because girls don't actually desire muscle that much.

i'm one of the ones who has turned down muscle... for various reasons. one was an arrogant d*ck who thought i'd melt at the thought that someone so hot would want me.

Instead they want Brad Pitt and competing MMA fighters. LOL

i think that if you bothered to read what the women were saying you'd see quite a consensus of 'looks don't matter that much' even for those who prefer less muscle. seriously, that is a good thing to know. the vast majority of women are not holding men up to some impossible standard.

i'm not seeing much of a reason to cry in the comments here.
  • Leiki
    Leiki Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I don't like extremely large muscles or extremely obese. I prefer thin, cut, or chubby, but most importantly I like personality. A good personality makes men sexier.
  • klynn81
    klynn81 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    20068nk.jpg

Yup...I see I'm not the only one who finds him sexy. :love:
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I have the big cuddly teddy bear type and I LOVE him but I'll be honest... If this gentleman were to walk by I would look twice or three times... Ok, I'd probably stare unabashedly and drool but DAMN. The dedication it takes to look like this man...

http://www.simplyshredded.com/international-fitness-model-ulisses-williams-jr-talks-with-simplyshredded-com.html
  • katythemommy
    katythemommy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I have the big cuddly teddy bear type and I LOVE him but I'll be honest... If this gentleman were to walk by I would look twice or three times... Ok, I'd probably stare unabashedly and drool but DAMN. The dedication it takes to look like this man...

international-fitness-model-ulisses-williams-jr-talks-with-simplyshredded-com.html

I love the big cuddly teddy bear type! But really, any type is my type - personality plays a much bigger role in men who I find attractive.
  • JaenaM
    JaenaM Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    i prefer a man with extra fat than one who is skin and bones any day.
  • bexkee
    bexkee Posts: 20
    Options
    lol
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    20068nk.jpg

Yup...I see I'm not the only one who finds him sexy. :love:

Now that's exactly the kind of picture that makes me want to say "pull up your pants and stop posing" (see my post above!)
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    I find it interesting that so many people think body builders have some kind of personality defect or issues. Is this from personal experience or a common stereotype? Not trolling just curious. Personally I have found most tuff guy with attitude problems were the Strong/fat bouncer kind of guys. The few body builders that I have seen around seem to be pretty cool but I dont know any very well. Never had any experience with the roided out meat head kind of guys though so I have nothing to go on there.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I like tall, lean guys. Not flabby or overweight at all, just not "built." I guess the best word to describe my type would be "lanky." Me gusta lanky.
    It is my opinion that women who say they don't like 'muscley men' only say so because a 'muscley man' hasn't taken interest in them.

Uh, yeah, no. The attraction just isn't there. I actually dated a bodybuilder. He wasn't as crazy ripped as the guys you see on TV, but certainly more muscled than any of the guys I usually take an interest in. I broke things off because I just couldn't make myself find him that attractive.
  • fguillory
    fguillory Posts: 291
    Options
    Long Raven hair, doesn't matter on what body frame.

jonathan_davis_image.jpg
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I find it interesting that so many people think body builders have some kind of personality defect or issues. Is this from personal experience or a common stereotype? Not trolling just curious. Personally I have found most tuff guy with attitude problems were the Strong/fat bouncer kind of guys. The few body builders that I have seen around seem to be pretty cool but I dont know any very well. Never had any experience with the roided out meat head kind of guys though so I have nothing to go on there.

I'm good friends with several competitive body builders and I can speak from experience they tend to be pretty self focused but that comes with the territory. I am too and my bf just has to deal with it. For the most part they're normal guys (get enough of them together and you may get a serious testosterone surge) but they aren't that much different than the other "athletes" I've known. (Wrestlers, MMA fighters, Rugby, Football Players etc...) I think that the "personality defect" is that meat head stereo type.
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    For me, anything from this (not him, just the figure in this picture):

brad-pitt.jpg

to obesity.

Any more muscle is a turn-off, as would be any thinner.

My fiancé is morbidly obese, and of course I find him incredibly attractive.

I'm just curious... But if your fiance were to lose weight, and become healthy and fit, would you find him less attractive?

Sorry for the delayed reply. As long as he didn't build muscle beyond that image, no. Of course, I want him to lose weight. Whilst I find him very attractive now he's not healthy at all. There's more to it than the way it looks, and I'd like not to be a widow at 45. I'm desperate for him to lose weight. Unfortunately, he's not.

Edit: I should add, I'm not so shallow that I'd let any extra muscle end the relationship, but I've made it clear (in case he ever does decide to get healthy) that I don't find more muscle attractive. He's promised not to go there. :tongue:
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    If you can't count her ribs she needs to drop some weight bro.

That doesnt bother me I just have a big <3 <=====3 heart what can I say. :drinker:

You seem to have good size, you can have any woman you want... pick one, i'll set it up

LOL Nah thanks bro. Woman who don't like men with tons of muscles are a bit to shallow for me. I work out very hard to try to gain lean muscle and to be in the best healthy shape I can possibly be shooting for the stars.But what seperates me from these women here is that I look more into ones personality than ones physical shape because like money, fat, and muscle can always come and go but to find a great personality is a real treasured beauty reguardless of fat or muscles.

TRUST me. There are a lot of women who very much appreciate muscles and fitness :smile: Even more who appreciate a good quality man (personality, sense of humor, etc.). Put them both together, and you've got the perfect man for many women.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,663 Member
    Options
    I'll be sorta attention whorey and put myself out there for judgement, granted this pic is from November and I think I've made better progress since then.

9266246_9327.jpg
    :drinker: Go ahead...give your opinion if you want, I can take it. :tongue:
    You need nicer carpeting in that room.

A.C.E. Certified Personal & Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I like muscles. I like lean. I like a little pudge. But what really gets me is personality.
  • jaydubbayu
    jaydubbayu Posts: 456
    Options
    My wife and I joke about who's attracted to who, TV wise... And she's attracted to "Jason Morgan" on General Hospital.. He's a muscly guy... I'm NOT!! But she loves me the way I am. But, I'm STILL GETTING IN SHAPE!!! It'll only make her more attracted to me!
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I like muscles. I like lean. I like a little pudge. But what really gets me is personality.

I was going to say something similar. Yup this for me exactly.
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options

I'm not going to deny, I don't have a clue what specifically causes my 'disgust' (I use that word incredibly loosely, sorry!). The veins that are visible, the skin being pulled over sharp muscles and not soft and gently rounded. The physical side of it is definitely the main turn-off.

But, on an emotional level, my own experience of men with muscles has been split. However, I have known a lot who are gym focused, who think their muscles mean something about who they are, who are the rude, abrasive and shallow type. Also, people who take powders and special drinks to get the way they are. That's not attractive.

All interesting, because the worst and most aggressive person I've ever known was obese, like my fiance.

Of course, my opinion is just one. There are people out there for everyone, and a lot of people go for that. Hell, I'm a hypocrite as well. I'm still overweight at the moment, but fitness and health have been a big part of my life for nearly a year and a half now, and I am noticing a little muscle on my own body. I think where I eventually want to be (toned, with definition though not loads of it) is probably beyond what I'd find attractive in the opposite sex. I'm not saying there's any logic to my preference for men without big muscles. :tongue:
  • k2charmed4u
    k2charmed4u Posts: 282
    Options
    Well I love my husband not because of his looks but for his personality. He's 30+ years older than me and has been a plasterer for even more years than that lol so he has a good strong frame and a lot of muscle behind lots of puppy fat lol. I wouldn't change him one bit :)

P.S. I've dated really skinny men and muscly men and (in those instances) they were boring because all they thought about was working out and it screwed the relationship right up as I wanted to spend some more "we" time and enjoying life.

Which is why my husband is perfect because we enjoy life :)