Woman who don't like men with tons of muscles

Options

Replies

• xxaudrey
    xxaudrey Posts: 5
    Options
    Personally, I like men/guys who have definition but aren't bulky with muscles. I hate body-builder like bodies, I prefer a little fat over their muscle (:

Example; (my friends think im crazy by the way) I like the older, chubbier leonardo dicaprio over the young titanic leo D. think shutter island & blood diamond
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Big LOL @ this thread.

I see it's all about the abz.

BRB eating 1000 calories a day and doing endless hours of cardio.

Thank God, I don't lift weights for women. I would be unattractive!
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    Pretty much my only preference is that I don't like small guys. I want to be the fragile one, and preferably I want the guy to be able to throw me around a bit. If I can squat me, he should be able to too!
  • plushkitten
    plushkitten Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I like lean guys.

Like, the type of muscle he builds in his arms from playing too much guitar and a six pack and nice obliques he gets from ****ing too hard.

;D

True story...that's how my boyfriend is and I wouldn't have it any other way!
  • MariaR_C
    MariaR_C Posts: 5
    Options
    i just dont like for it to go too extreme in either direction...not into insanely muscled men like body builders, but i dont want insanely thin men either. i would break either of those rules for personality though...but to just decide on looks, itd be somewhere in the middle, just kinda nicely toned basically i guess.

I agree. And, like you said, I'd break anything for personality. I don't care if you 're built like Ryan Goslin, if your personality doesmt fit the bill, it's a no-no.
  • xo_morgan
    xo_morgan Posts: 298
    Options
    It is my opinion that women who say they don't like 'muscley men' only say so because a 'muscley man' hasn't taken interest in them.

LMAO, i agree for the most part definitely.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Again, we all like something different...beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I had a friend that really liked skinny men...I mean very skinny. LIke Adam Levine skinny....this isn't really my type.

I do like some muscle, and I am usually most attracted to lean cut men though.

I really dislike bodybuilder men with too many lumps and bumps. I actually despise the look where the trapezius muscle gets too large. To me it looks as though the shoulders are growing into the neck and it makes the men look stumpy...haha

I do appreciate & respect all their hard work.
  • aelarek
    aelarek Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    My husbands body type is perfect for me. He's got less than 5% body fat, 5'11" ft 195lbs. He's got a great body. Broad shoulders, 6 packs, defined back, small waist, and fine a**. When I was dating in high school, I dated bigger guys since I was a chubs myself. But when him and I met, I knew HE was 100% right for me ( not based off his body. Just him in general.) He was the first motivation for me to lose weight, and get fit!
  • Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    dwayne.jpg

The Rock is a very good example of what I've come to like. I used to hate muscled men but the more I watch my husband get fit and buff the more and more I find myself attracted to him.

Bonus point, my husband actually looks kind of like The Rock, lol.
  • suziblues2000
    suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    "It is my opinion that women who say they don't like 'muscley men' only say so because a 'muscley man' hasn't taken interest in them."

NOT TRUE! My opinion is that huge muscles are so ugly and unnatural for women AND men.
    I, myself, like skinnyish men, built kinda like Mick Jagger. yum.
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I like a leaner look - triathlete looking men are hot (broad shoulders, defined arms & abs, nice strong legs ! I favor an all around look, and what muscle built comes from doing a variety of sports (including one sport using quick muscle fibers). :love:
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    this thread makes me sad.

y u no like muscles?
  • kspoon5
    kspoon5 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I like all kinds of men...Just don't like the steroid look or the "I think I'm muscular but it's mostly fat" type.

Ok that made me laugh! I have know many guys to have that attitude of I look good and I just want to say uuuhhh no...
  • antoniosmooth
    antoniosmooth Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    This is a very interesting and kind of laughable thread. I wish MFP had a poll option in the forums. Something in the order of "BODY Wise who do you find most attractive"?

A. Adam Levine & Topher Grace skinny near to ZERO muscle enough to bench press his body weight

B. Ryan Gosling, Will Smith (I am Legend style), Gerald Butler (300) & Daniel Craig (007) lean muscle and could probably bench press his body weight

C. Dwayne Johnson, Sylvester Stallone & Terry Crews (large muscle and could probably bench press more than his body weight)

Of the majority of my OFFLINE friends I have found type A above tends to be runners conducting no strength training, Type B cardio and or runners conducting 50/50 training. (50% cardio - 50% strength), and C type primarily strength and or body building with minimal to near ZERO cardio.

Obviously beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it's been interesting to read the opinions of the intelligent ladies here. What I find most interesting is a preference then looking at a profile photo(s), it appears that preference is also based on how you prefer your ideal or current body type.

Is that correct?
  • sisierra
    sisierra Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I like muscled men, but I think body building have too much muscle. and i abhor skinny men lol
    -I think my favorite though is a swimmer's build. Nice broad shoulders and a lean waist, like an inverted triangle, yum! :D
  • Victoria2448
    Victoria2448 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I love muscles!

BUT, I like when a man is evenly muscled. I like them to have the big muscular legs, not just a huge upper body and bird legs.:laugh:

There also has to be flexibility and functionality as well.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    lmao, women lie about this stuff...

ETA: Let me clarify, 95% of the pictures these women post up look NOTHING like their husband/boyfriend. IF a woman says they don't like a certain bodytype, would these women still be with their boyfriend/husband if their body became that type?

eye candy != relationship material. I also know a lot of guys whose long-term partner doesn't look like their preferred eye candy ...
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    This is a very interesting and kind of laughable thread. I wish MFP had a poll option in the forums. Something in the order of "BODY Wise who do you find most attractive"?

A. Adam Levine & Topher Grace (skinny near to ZERO muscle)

B. Ryan Gosling & Daniel Craig (lean muscle and could probably bench press his body weight)

C. Dwayne Johnson & Terry Crews (large muscle and could probably bench press more than his body weight)

Of the majority of my OFFLINE friends I have found type A above tends to be runners conducting no strength training, Type B cardio and or runners conducting 50/50 training. (50% cardio - 50% strength), and C type primarily strength and or body building with minimal to near ZERO cardio.

Obviously beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it's been interesting to read the opinions of the intelligent ladies here. What I find most interesting is a preference then looking at a profile photo(s), it appears that preference is also based on how you prefer your ideal or current body type.

Is that correct?

Terry Crews is hot. Just sayin'.... He's got a great body that's very proportional...

There are plenty of women who like muscley men too. Everyone has their preference
  • antoniosmooth
    antoniosmooth Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I'm massively curious how this thread would go flipping the coin on what women prefer?
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I like men. Period.

If the personality is attractive, I could be attracted to a bigger build man...I find it to be a reflection of hard work and dedication which is very sexy. On the other side, a less bulky man could be equally attractive and admired (usually triathletes, runners, etc)..again, very sexy.

So really it just brings me full circle to one point: I like men (nice, sweet, funny men).
    :tongue: