Best Protein Powder

Options
13»

Replies

• PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Yup that one seems to be the best one around :)
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Anybody here try Jillian Michaels protein powder? What do you think of it?

I have her Chocolate powder but I won't buy it again for a few reasons....compare the label with the Body Fortress brand.
    First, I compared the size of the scoops in the two powders...they are the exact same size.
    Second this is the comparison of 1 scoop of powder:
    JM: 100 cals 2g fat 7g carbs. 3g sugar 15g protein
    Body Fortress( I only have the vanilla on hand right now to compare):
    140 cals 2g fat 3g carbs 1g sugar 26g protein
    So for just 40 more cals yo get 10 more grams of protein but less carbs and less sugar.
    Which less sugar is what I am looking for because I mix it with fruit to make smoothies.
    I just think for the amount of powder you are using it makes sense that you would want more protein in that scoop because as I mentioned the scoops are the same size so you are using the same amount of powder but you get more for your money with the Body Fortress in my opinion.
    Also if you look at the JM label it is actually the Pure Protein brand
    BUT JM has Stevia extract where BF uses sucralose.
    This is just my opinion though. :smile: Take it as you like.

Thanks for the info. I like it that JM uses Stevia and not sucralose.
  • ronikizar
    Options
    http://www.sunwarrior.com/warriorblend/info.html

SUNWARRIOR RAW VEGAN PROTEIN POWDER...DELICIOUS! I CAN'T SAY ENOUGH ABOUT IT..THE VANILLA IS THE BEST BUT CHOCOLATE IS ALSO GOOD. ALL NATURAL NO ALLERGENS, I PUT A SCOOP IN MY OATMEAL EVERY MORNING, IT'S VERSATILE,, YOU CAN DRINK IT, COOK WITH IT (PANCAKES) HIGHLY RECOMENDED, $45 BUCKS A BAG BUT IT LASTS SEVERAL MONTHS
  • chelsea_thatsme
    chelsea_thatsme Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    bump
  • gastankerdriver
    Options
    I started out using ExtremeLabs Nitro 92. I like the taste and it is zero cholesterol. Now, I mix it 50/50 with Optimum Nutrition Casein protein. Soon, I plan to start mixing it with raw spinach and cooked sweet potatoes for THE ULTIMATE WORKOUT SHAKE!!
  • PhatAv8r
    PhatAv8r Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Lots of stuff out there, key is that you get about 2 g Carb 2g Fat & 22g protein per serving..
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I use the store brand chocolate flavor protein shake (meijers to be precise). It gets the job done and I cant ask for alot for $12. Got 20 grams of protein per scoop
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of the Dymatize ISO 100 hydrolyzed whey series. I have the gourmet vanilla and cookies n' cream. It's very tasty.

The Vanilla flavor is 106 calories with 25g hydrolyzed protein.
  • PhatAv8r
    PhatAv8r Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    PS I use Champion Nutrition Whey Protein (Chocolate)... it has a little aftertaste if mixed with water... eh, what the heck.. but I rarely mix straight water and whey shakes anyway.

My standard shake:

1 scoop Access Chocolate Slam (Melaleuca product) 70 cals
    1 scoop Champ Nut Whey Protein (chocolate) 130 cal
    20 blueberries 30 cal
    7 strawberries 20 cal
    1 cup skim milk 86 cal
    12 oz ice water free
    3 ice cubes free

Total 336 cals and at 8pm when I'm craving food, this is my cap on my daily intake... fills me up and keeps my body working fine. I've lost 35# in the last 13 weeks

Note that I buy and freeze my fruit here in China..
  • Ahluvly
    Ahluvly Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I used Solgar's Natural Chocolate protein shake, It has around 20g of protein in it per 34g scoop and it has no nasty crap in it!!! You can buy a starter kit on Amazon for £12, worth trying it! Comes with 7 sachets, a shaker, recipe book and vanilla and strawberry too!
  • almonds1
    almonds1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Gold Standard double rich chocolate mmmm.... 120 cals, 24G protein
  • leomentlines
    leomentlines Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I use Jarrow french vanilla whey protein.. paid about $15 for 2 lbs. Its a pretty decent flavor when mixed with some pb2 and milk, and very good blended with a banana. I'd like to venture out into other protein powders, but its hard to find out what kind of rennet is used in the manufacturing process. Jarrow uses a vegetarian rennet enzyme, so I stick with them :-)
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I LOVE All Pro Science - Bavarian Chocolate. It's 100% Grass Fed Whey Protein, so I know I am getting high quality stuff. :)
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    It all depends what you are hoping to get from it.

There are many out there for many individual circumstances so before recommending any, people should know your requirements.

Also it comes down to taste. My friend and I have tried several, some of which he loved but I couldn't stand and vice versa.

In my experience, the most important thing is taste.

I use Maximuscle Progain and have used Promax diet for a lower calorie cutting period. These taste great to me. I moved from Progain to Progain Extreme and it made me feel sick to drink it. It messed up my whole diet because I spent so long forcing it down and then feeling ill afterwards that I couldn't eat anything else. I have tried 90% unflavoured protein powders too and tried adding my own flavouring but I couldn't make this work, and even when I was drinking it, I didn't see much effect.

I always end up going back to Maximuscle. They cost more but in my experience it has worked and tastes nice.

I would rather spend a lot on something that works, than spend a little and it be a waste of time.