Is MyFitnessPal better than Facebook?

Options

Replies

• bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I'm rarely on Facebook anymore it seems, but am on MFP off and on all day long.
  • hottiebikerchick
    hottiebikerchick Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    for my fitness and health it is WAY better than FB.....
  • LReneeWalker
    LReneeWalker Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    FB use to be all I cared about online. This weekend I spent more time on here than on there. Add this to my Pinterest and poor FB is a neglected child!
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    NO - they both serve different purposes.
  • mindy14456
    mindy14456 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Both serve a purpose and I would argue that they aren't really comparable.
    -wtk

agreed!
  • Boonster001
    Options
    I use them both, but for very different things. MFP is incredible for connecting with people who have the same goals as I do, who are on the journey and we can support each other. On Facebook, I enjoy having the opportunity to connect with friends that I have not seen for years - or just stay up to date with people that I may not see every day. I enjoy them both, and use them both.
  • myak623
    myak623 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Depends on your goals!
  • mscarmen803
    Options
    I like my mfp way better!
  • luvred51
    luvred51 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Yes!!! Yes it is...
  • Candi8099
    Candi8099 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Other than the fact that my work place doesn't block MFP (yet) where they do FB.... I would say they both serve different purposes... and thus have their own strengths and weaknesses.... Lately, I use both pretty equally.

My place of employment also blocks FB, but not MFP....for that I use MFP waaaaaay more!

It doesn't bother me any because I'm not getting requests to milk cows or fight the mafia on here, ha-ha!
  • amyhoss
    amyhoss Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I like Facebook because so many of my friends and family are on it. I like MFP becuase it is more annonymous. I only know one of my MFP pals in real life.
  • myak623
    myak623 Posts: 616 Member
    Options

It doesn't bother me any because I'm not getting requests to milk cows or fight the mafia on here, ha-ha!

No, on MFP, apparently, milk will kill you instantly and you have to fight off bad information.
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I agree they are totally different. Not really a comparison BUT I find myself here a bit more because for the most part everyone on here is here TO SUPPORT or be SUPPORTED. So usually it's MUCH kinder than FB.

Plus people here are some what LIKE MINDED where as FB is just everyone....
  • msleesha
    msleesha Posts: 39
    Options
    I agree that both serve different purposes, but MFP over FB for me....I am on here everyday and I closed my FB account over 6 months ago, so there you go.
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    When it comes to weight loss, of course. Everyone on here shares a common goal. but other than that i think they are two different types of sites. facebook is a general networking social site where myfitnesspal is narrowed down to people who want to get in shape.
  • samanthaleethomas
    Options
    Well MFP is basically Facebook for weight loss! But I bet you accomplish a lot more through MFP than Facebook!
  • ChrisBrown3107
    ChrisBrown3107 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I prefer MFP myself, I spend most of the day logged in, as opposed to once a day log in to Facebook hahaha
  • amwSweetthang
    amwSweetthang Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I love MFP because when I log on I know what to expect. FB is totally unpredictable.
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    MFP > FB

I actually cancelled my FB back in December and I don't miss it at all! It's nice to not have any drama and to be able to surround myself with honest, supportive friends. FB is annoying.. people are immature.. If I posted a workout that I did or a run, I'd somehow get NEGATIVE comments from "friends".. ie. "don't drop dead" was one.. I know he was just joking but I was just irritated. Facebook is somehow a competition and MFP is all about support. I love the latter.
  • helpmelose2011
    helpmelose2011 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    if MFP got games and the "like" button I would say yes! But until then no they arent comparable that way :)