One year - 146.3 pounds lost (with photos)

Options
_Amy_Budd
_Amy_Budd Posts: 378 Member
On March 21, 2011, I started this weight loss journey. On June 15, 2011, I discovered the Primal Blueprint, and truly changed my life and lifestyle.

In this year, I have been 100% committed, every single day. I have not had a single "cheat" - nor have I wanted to quit at any time. I do not feel deprived, or overworked, or stressed out about eating or exercise.

I have certainly saved myself from following in my father's footsteps - he is a Type 2 diabetic who is on dialysis for kidney failure, hoping to one day get a transplant. He lost one leg already, and half of the other foot. He is actually in the hospital as I type this, with an infection that they are trying to identify. It is likely he will lose the other leg. He may start losing fingers now, as one of those is infected and not healing.

One year ago, I was headed straight for the same fate. Today, I am a totally different person. My blood sugar levels are in the basement. My blood pressure is perfect. My EKG is perfect. My biomarkers are all perfect. I am a runner, and a CrossFitter, and a Bikram yoga-er, and I love all of these activities. I crave them more than any sweet or grain, because they make me feel happy, and strong, and peaceful.

I eat delicious foods, and I enjoy eating, but I am no longer addicted to food. I don't mind being around my former favorites, like pizza or Chinese food, because they hold no power over me anymore.

I have about 20 more pounds to go, I think. We'll see when my body says "stop". I'm already smaller than I've ever been, and fitter than I ever imagined I could be.

I am healthier and happier than I have ever been in my entire life. And I know many of you won't believe this, but it wasn't even hard. It's all a mind game - knowing what I want and need, and knowing that I can accomplish anything as long as I've got it firmly in my head.

Thank you, thank you, thank you to all my MFP-friends who have supported and encouraged me along the way - your cheers and compliments are the wings that keep my flying.

Here's the visual:
March 21, 2011
IMG_3288.jpgIMG_3289.jpg

March 21, 2012
photo4.jpgphoto2-2.jpg

:)
Amy

Replies

• susansmoaks
    susansmoaks Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on taking control of your life. You inspire me!
  • msunluckythirteen
    msunluckythirteen Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You look great! You must be so proud and you took back your health! Inspiring!
  • kmfolkins
    kmfolkins Posts: 64
    Options
    You look fabulous. Thanks for the inspiration
  • Myslissa
    Myslissa Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Truly Amazing work!!!!!
  • LoggingForLife
    LoggingForLife Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is great. Very inspirational.
  • ELee0517
    ELee0517 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What an inspiration!
  • lastchance2010
    lastchance2010 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    you look unbelievable!!! Great work. Wonderful inspiration! you go girl!!!! :noway:
  • LenaMena87
    LenaMena87 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Wowwwwwwwwwww two totally different people! You're truly an inspiration!
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Whoot! Awesome and very inspirational, thanks for sharing your success!
  • warrior_Kk
    Options
    WoW!!
  • rastagrrl
    Options
    You rock so hard!!! Keep up the good work, you are beautiful.
  • happyb3
    happyb3 Posts: 28
    Options
    You are truly an inspiration! You look great!
  • nickymorgan
    Options
    Whow. That is great. Glad you shared your story, that sure helps to inspire me. I was getting upset about the scale not moving even uping my exercise to 4 times a week and not cheating at all.
  • cwojo
    cwojo Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your succees. You look fabulous.
  • JVandesteeg
    JVandesteeg Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! What an inspiration!!! You look fantabulous!!!!
  • wvval
    wvval Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Holy crap, you're amazing!
  • abnerner
    abnerner Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Truly inspirational!
  • gebe1231
    gebe1231 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Absolutely AWESOME!!!! What an inspiration!!! Thanks sooo much for sharing!!!
  • JennC831
    JennC831 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss!!! You're journey is amazing!!! You look great!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!