Salad Dressing

Options

Replies

• raystark
    raystark Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Google Walden Farms Dressings

I am a big fan of their calorie free dressings, including regular and chipolte ranch.
  • ginamcoyle
    Options
    Ranch is my favorite dressing and I have just the recipe for you!!!! Trust me, it's DELISH! It may not sound it but it is!

1 cup cottage cheese
    4 tsp of the ranch dressing packet
    1/4 cup water (you can use milk if you want) I never needed to!
    Blend it until it is completely smooth, you can add more liquid if its too thick. That's it! You get to have a whole 1/4 cup of it for only 50-55 calories depending on what cottage cheese you use. It will also be a little bit more if you use milk!

I did not believe this recipe was going to be any good. Sure enough, it's the closest HEALTHY to REGULAR tasting ranch I have ever had!!!

This sounds soo good!
  • suerun11
    suerun11 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Yes,Walden Farms dressings, dips and syrups are amazing! Zero carbs and calories too! They sell is at Sprouts. Stores.
  • suerun11
    suerun11 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Lemon juice is pretty tasty too!
  • paskinner54
    Options
    Check out this website. The dressings are delicious - ZERO calories. No aspartame but they do use Splenda. Some grocery stores and Walmarts carry the brand too.

http://www.waldenfarms.com/products/dressings.html
  • radradradradrad
    radradradradrad Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Olde Cape Cod Lite Raspberry Vinaigrette

this on a bed of spring mix with:
    cherry tomatoes
    cucumber slices
    baby carrots
    sliced strawberries
    goat cheese
    almonds

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....
  • ThatDollSally
    ThatDollSally Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I like a nice vinaigrette, flavored or not. Firehouse subs has a good raspberry vinaigrette, but I'm not sure what brand it is.
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Tanya,
    look for the yogurt based dressings, they are generally refrigerated and are in the produce section. The ranch has 45 cals for 2 tbsp, and it's pretty tasty.
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Yes,Walden Farms dressings, dips and syrups are amazing! Zero carbs and calories too! They sell is at Sprouts. Stores.

What you said!
  • ahealthy4u
    ahealthy4u Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I like Ken's Steak house Dressing but during the garden season I try and make my own
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options

The one store bought dressing I like is Girard's greek with feta. It's an oil and vinegar base, with a lot of seasoning in it. It's a strong taste, so a little goes a very long way.

I've tried several by Girards and they are all very tasty!
  • kantone999
    kantone999 Posts: 174
    Options
    I eat whatever dressing I'm in the mood for. Instead of putting it on your salad, order it on the side. Dip your fork into the dressing and then spear the salad vaggies. You'll be amazed at how you still get the full flavor but only about 1 tablespoon for a HUGE salad as opposed to an ocean of dressing.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    i la la love fat free ranch by market pantry (target)! BUT right now I'm not eating that stuff..... sooo... i also love salsa on my salads in place of dressing..... AND I just tried kraft light balsamic vinaigrette -- so yum! Also love newman's own light honey mustard!! .... and kraft free asian toasted sesame -- YUM

sw 303.4 (1/1/11)
    cw 194.8 (down 108.6lbs)
    gw 160
    29 y/o 5'6''
  • jessilynn1982
    jessilynn1982 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Bolthouse Farms dressings are THE BEST. Their ranch is delicious, and only 45 calories for 2tbsp. It's made with yogurt, and has less sugar than many other dressings...highly recommended!!!! They have a few other flavors as well, but I prefer the creamier dressings myself!! :smile:

I also LOVE the Bolthouse Farms Ranch dressing! It uses Kefir yogurt... but I'm going to have to try that recipe with cottage cheese!
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later
  • phillieschic
    Options
    I just enjoy my regular old Hidden Valley Farms Ranch dressing. Sometimes I'm forced to eat the low cal or low-fat stuff because that's all that's offered or available, but those regular ranch calories are worth it to me! :)
  • Meglm1117
    Meglm1117 Posts: 70
    Options
    Yes, the ranch is awesome! It also has 7 g of protein for the 1/4 cup! I forgot to mention that recipe has 4 servings! Def recommend for ranch lovers. I just ran out. I have to get some more cottage cheese and i'll be making a bigger batch next time so it will last longer than 4 nights!! ;)
  • jazz0matic
    Options
    This isn't really a "salad" dressing per say, but in one of the restaurants I sous-chefed at we used to make this awesome leek puree. Seriously it was my favorite thing in the whole world, it's a little sweet and really satisfying. Also it's crazy simple!

1) Cut the leeks in to half moons (we liked to use the whole thing but if you want it more sweet omit the bulb,*the white part*)
    --best way to wash leeks: submerge cut up leeks in bowl of water. wait a minute or two then swish the bits with your hands. strain and repeat as many times as you like, maybe just once more.
    2) sautee in some olive oil until tender
    3) throw in food processor with salt and pepper, chop on mid. gradually add water until desired consistency. You can also use a bit of nonfat milk or cream to make it richer. we used to blend it to a paste and store, for use we would throw it in a sautee pan with cream to make a sauce for our halibut dish.

versatile and scrumptious!

also general salad dressing recipe:
    1) Decide on type of vinegar you like (apple cider, sherry, white wine, balsamic)
    2) Add half a cup or so of vinegar and some complementary foods (blue berries, walnuts, and Gorgonzola with red wine vinegar!)
    3) blend in blender/food processor and s-l-o-w-l-y add half a cup or so of olive oil. the oil is an emulsifier and makes perfect dressings consistency
  • Tanya_IP
    Tanya_IP Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have copied and pasted all these suggestions and recipes...love it thanks guys!
  • jazz0matic
    Options
    oh! and annie's goddess dressing! fabulous

http://store.veganessentials.com/annies-goddess-dressing-p837.aspx