• SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    The mussels are maybe not too bad?
  • HolyinHim
    HolyinHim Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    According to their website Parmesan crusted bistecca is:
    Grilled 8 oz center cut sirloin topped with Parmesan herb breading, baked golden brown. Served with garlic Parmesan mashed potatoes and asparagus drizzled with balsamic glaze.
  • gailashton
    gailashton Posts: 292
    Options
    Salad with grilled chicken, balsamic vinegar - a little olive oil if you must. That's about all I would eat there. Although I'm not too clear on their menu any more as I haven't been there for about 5 years. When I used to work there I got the shrimp primavera though, lots of veggies, shrimp and pasta. As they prep all their food ahead of time in premade packets sized portion I would ask for extra meat and veggies, half the pasta! Hope this helps.
  • jjcarpen
    jjcarpen Posts: 4
    Options
    Try Salad lots of it with only one table spoon of dressing I believe that is 85 cals. Then order the new shrimp appetizer as the entree. That is 400 cals. No bread sticks. Unsweeten tea. I will also treat myself to the small lemon dessert cup they have. Good luck.
  • Carlyannabelle
    Carlyannabelle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    LOL!! It is funny that you ask that because I work at Olive Garden and am knowledgeable with the nutritional information. What do you think you might feel like? Meat, seafood, pasta?? I might be able to help you out.
  • MelissaT81
    MelissaT81 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I love the mixed grill (skewers of beef and chicken) and instead of the potatoes i get double veggies! Plus I eat a big portion of salad before :)
  • twalton67
    twalton67 Posts: 16
    Options
    Check the menue. I was there last week and they do have some <500 cal dinners. You could also ask for the senior portion, as they are usually smaller. Enjoy!!!
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    They try to grate parmesan on top of EVERYTHING. Don't be afraid to say "no, thank you".
  • gebe1231
    gebe1231 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    On the menu they picture an olive leaf beside the healthier items!
  • ygrad2001
    ygrad2001 Posts: 230
    Options
    I say go out and enjoy dinner and get back to it tomorrow! One meal is not going to hinder your progress! If you feel guilty get in a quick workout and burn some extra cals.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I get the linguine with marinara sauce, a breadstick and have the salad with the dressing on the side and ask for the light dressing.
  • jhyan
    jhyan Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I love the mixed grill (skewers of beef and chicken) and instead of the potatoes i get double veggies! Plus I eat a big portion of salad before :)

Mixed grill is my favorite... very tasty, and pretty decent nutritionally. I don't sub lose the potatoes... too yummy. Get a to go box right when you get your food and put half in it. Then you only eat half (which should be plenty!) and have delish leftovers.
  • imthelobster
    imthelobster Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'm partial to the Parmesan Crusted Bistecca, myself. 690 cals.
    what is that exactly?

It's a parmesan crusted 6oz(I think? maybe 8oz) steak with mashed potatoes and asparagus as sides.
  • cweiler4
    cweiler4 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Salad with no dressing, Apricot Venetian Chicken, Minestrone soup are some good choices.

No matter what you get Olive Garden dishes are OVERLOADED with sodium. You can get some low cal dishes, but make sure to chug some water the next day or so. :drinker:
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    You can order the smaller size of the dish & then take some home. I love Olive Garden so much...MMM
  • rcillo219
    rcillo219 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I just had this same issue last week hahaha! I checked the website in a panic but there are actually some decent options. I am not sure about your feelings on seafood but I got the seafood brodetta which is around 480 calories for the whole thing. It is shrimp, scallops, and tilapia in a wine/marinara sauce. It comes in a bowl almost like a soup with two peices of chiabata bread. I had a breadstick instead of the bread it came with. Also, I did not have any of the salad because I had a salad for lunch that day. Another option is the seafood alfredo. A whole plate is 1,020 calories but if you immediately put half in a to-go container it comes to about 500 or so calories. The Apricot Chicken sounds delicious and I actually want to go back soon to try it lol. Good luck and enjoy :drinker: :smile:
  • toabetterlifestyle
    Options
    last time i went i got the stuffed chicken masala and even with the mashed potatoes it was like 600 i believe? oh and the salad is worse than anything lol because of the dressing. i got the soup with the dumplings in it and it was 200 cals i think. the salad for a small plate is like 350. also the fish is good. and surprisingly the ravioli is like 500 cals.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Soup, salad, breadstick. One bowl of minestrone, a bowl of salad (with no dressing, ask for it on the side for your personal bowl and decline cheese/ask for no croutons and enter salad manually....lettuce, onion, tomato and then use a single serving of the dressing) and then one bread stick :)

this!!!!
  • imthelobster
    imthelobster Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    As they prep all their food ahead of time in premade packets sized portion I would ask for extra meat and veggies, half the pasta! Hope this helps.

Ohhh, I didn't know they could do that!
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    DON'T EAT THE SALAD!!!!!! (at least not with dressing) You can actually ejoy more if you don't

Here' what I have when I go

1/2 lunch portion seafood alfredo
    Zuppa Toscana Soup (sometimes two bowls)
    Breadsticks (3)
    Water with Lemon (or bring your own single serving packs..Crystal light, hawiian punch etc etc)

That about fills me up.

I think it's more than 700 cals though:tongue: