One year - 146.3 pounds lost (with photos)

Options

Replies

• RedKH
    RedKH Posts: 58
    Options
    That's is absolutely fantastic! Congratulations on changing your life and your future!

Enjoy feeling happy and enjoy life! :-D xx
  • KathyWel
    KathyWel Posts: 140
    Options
    Fantastic job! You look great!
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    That is great!! Be proud for sure. wow
  • babareeba
    babareeba Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I love all of these activities. I crave them more than any sweet or grain, because they make me feel happy, and strong, and peaceful.

This! I just like this! Congratulation!
  • AEB_WV
    AEB_WV Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. You truly did take your life into your own hands and turn it around. Such an inspirational story. I'm so sorry about what your dad is going through.
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    You really are amazing. Best wishes to your Dad.
  • chcoley
    chcoley Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!!! You look awesome!!!
  • Finally22
    Finally22 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    You're rockin' it!!!! Love it!
  • dosbron
    dosbron Posts: 1
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You look fabulous!! What did you mean by your Primal Blueprint?
  • elsinora
    elsinora Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    On March 21, 2011, I started this weight loss journey. On June 15, 2011, I discovered the Primal Blueprint, and truly changed my life and lifestyle.

In this year, I have been 100% committed, every single day. I have not had a single "cheat" - nor have I wanted to quit at any time. I do not feel deprived, or overworked, or stressed out about eating or exercise.

I have certainly saved myself from following in my father's footsteps - he is a Type 2 diabetic who is on dialysis for kidney failure, hoping to one day get a transplant. He lost one leg already, and half of the other foot. He is actually in the hospital as I type this, with an infection that they are trying to identify. It is likely he will lose the other leg. He may start losing fingers now, as one of those is infected and not healing.

One year ago, I was headed straight for the same fate. Today, I am a totally different person. My blood sugar levels are in the basement. My blood pressure is perfect. My EKG is perfect. My biomarkers are all perfect. I am a runner, and a CrossFitter, and a Bikram yoga-er, and I love all of these activities. I crave them more than any sweet or grain, because they make me feel happy, and strong, and peaceful.

I eat delicious foods, and I enjoy eating, but I am no longer addicted to food. I don't mind being around my former favorites, like pizza or Chinese food, because they hold no power over me anymore.

I have about 20 more pounds to go, I think. We'll see when my body says "stop". I'm already smaller than I've ever been, and fitter than I ever imagined I could be.

I am healthier and happier than I have ever been in my entire life. And I know many of you won't believe this, but it wasn't even hard. It's all a mind game - knowing what I want and need, and knowing that I can accomplish anything as long as I've got it firmly in my head.

Thank you, thank you, thank you to all my MFP-friends who have supported and encouraged me along the way - your cheers and compliments are the wings that keep my flying.

Here's the visual:
    March 21, 2011
    IMG_3288.jpgIMG_3289.jpg

March 21, 2012
    photo4.jpgphoto2-2.jpg

:)
    Amy

OMG. You look incredible xxx
  • sgtlittle
    sgtlittle Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Speechless!
  • shirleyisblessed
    shirleyisblessed Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Girl you rock! Keep up the good work!
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    You've shown some serious resolve there!
  • Greg127
    Greg127 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Fabulous Transformation! Congratulations on the new you. Keep doing what you're doing.....:happy:
  • jillbernhardt
    jillbernhardt Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You Great! Awesome abs too!
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • ST99000722
    ST99000722 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    wow - what an amazing story- you have achieved so much. thank you for sharing !
  • suziblues2000
    suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    YOU are really amazing! What an inspiration! Thanx for posting.
  • OliveCulona
    Options
    So inspiring! What a transformation! You should be completely proud of yourself. Hang in there with your father...
  • pixieakabigd
    Options
    "Happy, strong and peaceful".

Love it :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!