.5 cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese
.25 cup parmesan cheese
.5 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
1 egg
2 T. water
italian seasoning
non-stick cooking spray

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare two baking sheets with non-stick cooking spray. Slice eggplant into approx 1/2" thick rounds. In one bowl whisk egg & water until frothy, and in another bowl mix bread crumbs and italian seasoning. Dip eggplant rounds in egg mixture then bread crumb mixture then place on baking sheets. Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes, flipping half-way.

Prepare caserole dish with non-stick cooking spray. Pour .5 cup tomato sauce in bottom. Lay half of your baked eggplant slices flat. Add another .5 cup of tomato sauce. Sprinkle .25 cup mozzarella cheese. Lay the rest of your baked eggplant slices flat. Add the last .5 cup of tomato sauce. Sprinkle .25 cup mozzarella and parmesan cheese across top. Bake for 15-20 min.

Serves four, about 250 calories each. Super high in fiber!

Replies

• Thanks I love eggplant parmesan! Love your picture of your dog on the scale!
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    eggplant is so good :)
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Speaking of the dog on the scale- congrats to you for getting him/her there! My dog won't even get on it at the vet. Monkey See Monkey Do I guess. :laugh:

Ps. Thanks for the recipe too. I make this alot, but your version is a little different. I just might give it a whirl.
  • Ffer0509
    Ffer0509 Posts: 13 Member
    I love Eggplant Parm. Looks like a great recipe...going grocery shopping tonight and I am going to try it.

Thanks for sharing. :flowerforyou:
  • Slender1
    Slender1 Posts: 185
    Thanks I love eggplant parmesan! Love your picture of your dog on the scale!

Thanks! That's Bullwinkle. He is hysterical! :tongue:

And bethrs - he is like Gumby ... you can do anything to him and he just goes along with it! As long as he is the center of attention, he is happy!
  • Ffer0509
    Ffer0509 Posts: 13 Member
    Oh a whim, I made this last night...it was awesome!! Thank you again!!

:tongue:
  • Yum, it sounds good, might try it tonight. Thanks
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    This was so delicious, I made it this evening.

Except I didn't want to use Bread Crumbs, so I substituted ground flax seed and it worked out really well. Very good thank you!
  • healthhappinessfit
    healthhappinessfit Posts: 39 Member
    I think I will give this a try!