30 Day Shred?

Options
I see questions all the time about the 30 Day Shred and I'm thinking of getting it because my walking/jogging on the treadmill and doing my Zumba Rush on the Kinect aren't getting me the results I'm looking for. What is your experience with the 30 day shred? Would you recommend it? If not the 30 day shred, what do you recommend? Thank you in advance!!

Replies

• wwww1199
    wwww1199 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I do it occassionally. It's tough but I did lose inches.
  • breza262
    breza262 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I like it... alot. I think it is effective and Jillian Michaels is not annoying to watch. It is 20 minutes, so it's do-able even on the busiest of days. By day number 5 I noticed a difference in my belly, which is not very long to wait for results. Good luck!
  • chelleann777
    chelleann777 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    30DS is tough, but do what you know you can do and each day just do a little bit more. It is amazing how much your ability increases from this. I finish the shred on Friday. I haven't lost any pounds, but I have definetly lost inches. I am waiting to finish before I measure agian. My advice is to do it. It is easy to modify and to go at your own pace and it goes by quickly. Just make sure to measure first. :) Good luck!
  • JeBitchy23
    Options
    i started it on the 12th of march. i have not lost any pounds but i have lost inches. i started level 2 this morning. it is tough but once your endurance builds up its not that bad. i lost 2-3 inches on each thigh so far and an inch on each calf. an inch around my waist and hips also. i like it.
  • shauna9909
    shauna9909 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Sounds like I will be buying the DVD tonight :) I still don't understand how everyone loses inches and no weight?!? But hey I will take the inches any day! lol.
  • JeBitchy23
    Options
    well muscle weighs more than fat. so as you gain muscle from doing the workout you lose fat but since its lighter it wont budge the pound #.
  • jessielynn25
    Options
    im on day 7 of the shred...i dont do it everyday but i do it 2 days then 1 day cardio 2 days then 1 day cardio and a rest day....but my thighs hurt so bad that i can barley do the squat and press' and the side lunges...i would of thought that the pain would of been gone by now but its not and its killer.. does anyone have any advice?
  • JeBitchy23
    Options
    im on day 7 of the shred...i dont do it everyday but i do it 2 days then 1 day cardio 2 days then 1 day cardio and a rest day....but my thighs hurt so bad that i can barley do the squat and press' and the side lunges...i would of thought that the pain would of been gone by now but its not and its killer.. does anyone have any advice?

did you try maybe doing it a day or two more in a row and then maybe one day of cardio all together? i did level 1 8 days in a row and i wasnt sore after day3. i started level 2 this morning and am feeling a tad sore but i know by my 3rd day i wont. keep sticking to it. hope the soreness goes away.
  • mollymasm
    mollymasm Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 13 and I've already lost 4lb and an inch off my waist and hips - I'd recommend it to anyone and am amazed how well it's kick started my weight loss.

I havent eaten extremely healthy, just less snacking and gorging, and I'm 172lb and 5'6.
  • mommyfauc
    mommyfauc Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I am the opposite! I am losing weight but not inches!!
  • Hood25
    Hood25 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I'm probably going to try the 30 day shred after I do Ripped in 30. I've heard it's easier than RI30 but I''m not a professional and great at all the moves so I will probably still be challenged. I love RI30 but it is challenging. It has 4 workouts under 25 minutes which is nice because you don't get as bored. I haven't taken my final measurements yet. I will be finished on Sunday and post them. I have also lost about a pound a week but I do cardio for 35-45 minutes a day in addition to RI30. Good luck! I don't think you can go wrong with either. Just give it your all...what you put in you will get out of it! Challenge yourself to get better at the moves each day!
  • jessielynn25
    Options
    No but maybe i will try that. I did it twice on sunday because i was bored later in the day and then i did it yesterday and my legs are so sore and its just my thighs...So ill do it again today and tomorrow and see what happens...Thank You! :smile:
  • JBott84
    JBott84 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    If you do it PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE finish! You can't complain that it did nothing if you only did it for a few days then never again...I recommend not weighing yourself at all or as much while doing it...maybe just at the end of levels....you will drive yourself crazy. It does work. Tomorrow is my last day and I plan on sharing my results.

* You lose inches because your body is changing, and the weight will come off following inch loss, for me that's how it worked anyway my friend is totally different and she lost 8 pounds while losing no inches. Different bodies = Different results
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    You will absolutely lose tons of inches and some lbs w/ additional cardio. Try it I did 3 extended rounds in the past. It's a good affordable workout for your collection. Also search the forum topics tons on 30 day shred and results.
  • brendaj39
    brendaj39 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I just got mine last night and did it this morning...I liked it, can't wait to advance up to Level 2, me and my daugther are going to do together..I'm hoping it will make me loose my stomach fast....I recommend it, she is very detailed on giving instructions and goes slow so you really feel it..
  • gail2207
    gail2207 Posts: 133
    Options
    Definitely recommend it. Even if you don't lose much in terms of weight, you'll lose inches and tone up all over the place. Great for general muscle toning. I burn about 175-200cals per session, it takes 27mins including the warm-up and cool-down.
  • Ashley3915
    Ashley3915 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    LOVEEE LOVEEE LOVEEE! I am almost done my 30 days! and I love it! Everyone is really starting to notice a difference in me! :)
  • JBott84
    JBott84 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I have found that listening to music rather than the video helps a lot, the music on the video is not good. Plus, Jillian is kinda annoying but she does know her workouts!
  • mommyfauc
    mommyfauc Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Agree about the music! I made up a workout mix on spotify, and listen to that instead of the talking during the video. Makes it much more enjoyable. About to start level 2 today.
  • AmyM713
    AmyM713 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I enjoy the 30ds, I had made it to lvl 3 day 3 and my husband said he wanted to do it to so I am back to lvl 1 day 5. I also have done a week of Ripped in 30 another awesome workout, and just did my first two days of 6 week 6 pack. As much as I say I hate jillian its more of a love hate relationship, I curse and grunt during the work outs but I feel amazing afterwards. I love her work outs they are short and hardcore, pretty much right to the point. I think if your looking for something new any of the ones I mentioned would be great to try!