young gal friends wanted

Options

Replies

• AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    whats that smell?

Chloroform.

Who needs chloroform when you can just put the sedatives in the ice cream.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I minister to youth teen girls and young adlut ladies with eating disoders , those who are abused and low self esteem that is what I am going to college for and want to offer support in that endeavor. read more closely.

If I read it on the Internet, it must be true! No one ever lies here.

(Not that I'm saying you are a liar, but you are either very naive and innocent in the ways of the world or you are not who you say you are. Just sayin'.)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,119 Member
    Options
    I minister to youth teen girls and young adlut ladies with eating disoders , those who are abused and low self esteem that is what I am going to college for and want to offer support in that endeavor. read more closely.

Sweet spirit, ^^THIS would have been a little better way to phrase your request, but still, a 37 year old coming on the internet and asking for "young gals" is a little discomforting.

.....and you've been here for a while, why place this in "Introduce yourself"? You have 140 friends already. How many can you really "minister" to. As a college freshman, you are just learning about the ministry, right? Maybe ask your teachers how you could better phrase your online requests....
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options

Something along the lines of this post would have been a better start.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

It's lovely that you are helping others. Young people can never have too much support.
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options

or you could go back and re-word your post because you come off as quite creepy, even if you are a woman.

I read the OP carefully the first time and still go a red flag... so yeah ...
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    53235622.jpg
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options

You should probably lead with this next time.
  • Firefighter_Jay
    Firefighter_Jay Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Oooh I love a good ministering.

Ooh,I can help you with that :)
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    It's a good thing you're a woman, because if any man published with this title, you can bet the po po would be notified.

I am laughing so hard my abs hurt.

Edited to add: Thanks for the unexpected workout.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,119 Member
    Options
    The original post.....
    I would love some young gal pals to friend. I am 37 years old. a college freshman. I would like young friends being teenagers since I minister to them and also young adult ladies. would love to give support and encouragement to you. also have support in my own jounrey
    to clarify : I am a college freshman who is majoring in youth ministery. my specializing is to minister to teenage ladies and young adults who struggle with eating disorders, abuse, low self esteem , abuse issues. to support and encourage them . that is the whole purpose of my posting. I understand being christian I draw the put downs on these posts.

No one said a WORD about your Christianity. Just your delivery in that original post. You didn't even mention Christianity in the original post.

• Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    whats that smell?

Chloroform.

Who needs chloroform when you can just put the sedatives in the ice cream.

Put 'em in the Sleeper Hold.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    to clarify : I am a college freshman who is majoring in youth ministery. my specializing is to minister to teenage ladies and young adults who struggle with eating disorders, abuse, low self esteem , abuse issues. to support and encourage them . that is the whole purpose of my posting. I understand being christian I draw the put downs on these posts.

If you really think this has anything to do with religion, you need to get out more.
  • LordBezoar
    LordBezoar Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I understand being christian I draw the put downs on these posts.

I honestly don't think that the "put downs" as you put it are because you are Christian. It has more to do with the fact that your original post was more creepy than a bucket of centipedes. Beyond that, MFP is 18+, so you won't see many actual teenagers here.
  • Pokermom10
    Pokermom10 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    whats that smell?

Chloroform.

Sorry but this ^^^^^ is funny as hell
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options

I want you to understand that I am a Christian, so I find it actually a smidge offensive that you assume that is the magnet for your responses when in fact it is because you worded it so poorly. I find assisting young women who are struggling with body issues, abuse, and self-esteem issues to be a very respectable endeavor and was a youth leader myself for a while. It is important that you remember, especially when working with children, that you are very clear in your communication and your words cannot be misinterpreted as most of us are rather protective of them.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    :noway:
    OR, people could let one post go sometimes without the intant, knee-jerk tear down. :indifferent:

There are a lot of girls on here with ED that could use someone positive in their life, I hope they look to you. :smile:

Agree.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    sorry I laughed earlier. what you are doing is really awesome. there is a major need for people who will help people with eating disorders.
  • LovesGG
    LovesGG Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I'm active in the music ministry scene.
  • kap89
    kap89 Posts: 15
    Options
    I need friends! it helps when you have a few people to comment and follow.. i have only 2 friends and one never posts... help? :)
This discussion has been closed.