Non - Scale Victories (NSV) - care to share?

Options

Replies

• spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    My kids have started telling people that their mommy is a runner. :happy:
  • MADDIESMOMMY6611
    MADDIESMOMMY6611 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Mine these past couple weeks are : ran a mile non stop and ran two miles non stop (Have twisted knee caps from being thrown down a flight of stairs in 2005)

Wow you were thrown down a flight of stairs? :(
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    this may sound silly, but a regular size bath towel able to fit around me with no gap :) It feels good!!

OMG I was so happy when this happened for me too, Or I had bought a couple of the gigantic bath sheets as they are called and now I can wrap that almost twice around me! For me it was when I went to buy a belt and had to buy a small instead of a 1x or an xl and the belts I had from back then I can see like 8 to 10 inches of loss where I used to have to notch them and where they are notched now.
  • MarincicS
    MarincicS Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I have only started a short time ago and the scale movement feels very bloody slow!! I won't be able to come near my goal for 18 months!

But yesterday i easily fit into a pair of pants that i bought year ago but never wore as they were really a size too small, i just couldn't admit that to myself when i bought them.

So a small but happy NSV.
  • Trishajac
    Trishajac Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    WOW - thanks for all the great ideas!! Some of these have popped into my head before ... and I let them slip in and out.

I remember the towel not fitting (not really a sexy slit down the side!!) oh my.... and I also remember being able to go that extra mile wrt exercise too....

It was great to be reminded of a simple pleasure (or NSV) ....

THANKS again!!
  • Helenacabral1
    Options
    Wanting to be in pictures again!!And liking the way i look in them!!:)
  • Hernandeak11
    Hernandeak11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend tackled me this afternoon, and i went down. hard.

I guess we're not used to me being 24 lbs lighter yet lol
  • Hev_uk
    Hev_uk Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Going to a BBQ and thinking about my choices rather than eating everything in site. Granted, I still went over and it was a bit difficult to judge but I didn't eat any bread and chose healthy chicken kebabs over big burgers.

Realising that I can eat whatever I want if I exercise and portion control.

Missing exercise that I can't do this week and knowing I will get back to it

Working at this for 4 weeks
  • Hev_uk
    Hev_uk Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend tackled me this afternoon, and i went down. hard.

I guess we're not used to me being 24 lbs lighter yet lol

This just made me smile :)
  • eriemer
    eriemer Posts: 197
    Options
    Lost 3 inches off my belly this month! My Muffin top has a little less muffin. My pants are starting to fit better. Less hip pain. Taking less arthritis medication 1-2 times a week instead of 1-2 a day! Went from BMI 30.7 to 29.6. Gave myself a smiley on my calender 24 days this month for working out at least 30 min/day. Tracked everything that so much as touched my lips so far this month.
  • kekl
    kekl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Pants looser.
    Can finally climb up ropes (the 10 year old inside me is so proud)
    My body feels hard, not squishy.
    My 2 pack slowly morphing into a 4 pack.
    Leads the pack when I go on group runs - used to be in the back.
    Can leg press 2x my weight.
    Can pick up my 200 lb brother in a fireman's carry and carry him around.
    Eating whatever I want... if I eat too much it will get exercised off.

And so many more! :smile:
  • Elise_healthy4life
    Elise_healthy4life Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I have a couple the bath towel fitting, going down six/eight sizes in clothes, my fitness when I run is improving and my back fat no longer touches I'm actually starting to get my waist back
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I had to keep pulling up my underwear while I was working out this morning, and my workout pants I was wearing were so loose they no longer contained my jiggle. They will be washed and put right in the giveaway pile!
  • mrsmel55
    mrsmel55 Posts: 168
    Options
    When I am sitting on the sofa, I can bend over and paint my own toenails! I could not do that 3 months ago!
    My bike ride is getting easier. I would watch that timer thinking it would never end (30 minutes), now I could go longer if I wanted too.
    I bought some new capris Saturday that I figured would be too small (2 sizes smaller than I usually get) One pair I wore yesterday and I hope it shrinks when I wash it cause its a little big!!! The other three are a little snug, but I could actually get them on and zip them up. I usually wear stretch waist pants. These actually have a zipper! Thats a biggie for me. Two more weeks and I will be able to wear them comfortably.
  • Agefyter
    Agefyter Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Found 4 pair of jeans folded up in the back of my closed I had outgrown. Fit great now! It's like I went shopping.
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Wanting to be in pictures again!!And liking the way i look in them!!:)

I can sooooooo relate to that one!! Just away on vacation... I only wanted "scenery" pics..... There were some taken though - that might be worthwhile in my "before and after"...
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Found 4 pair of jeans folded up in the back of my closed I had outgrown. Fit great now! It's like I went shopping.

love it!! have some folded on a shelf in my closet... it will be a while for me - but I'll get there!
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Good for you.... 4 weeks at it is a great start ... and better choices already! I know that I am doing that too... and am SMILING because of my decisions!
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Good for you.... 4 weeks at it is a great start ... and better choices already! I know that I am doing that too... and am SMILING because of my decisions!

Msg was for ONEEYEDANDGRE ... (still learning how to post, obviously!) :blushing:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!