30 Day Shred?

Options

Replies

• LuLuSUPER
    LuLuSUPER Posts: 189
    Options
    I love 30DS and all of Jillian's other dvd's, especially the kickboxing one. However, please research and review what Jillian herself has said.... 30DS was NOT INTENDED to do everyday, its hard on the knees and joints. She intended for it to be done for 30 days but not in a row--- she suggests 3-4 days a week with rest days.

Just thought I'd share :)
    thanks cuz i can only seem to to go about 4-5 days before my kness say hell no! :laugh:

starting level 2 this week and its no joke, those planks used to be some sort of torture tactic im sure !
  • TiltingAtWindmills
    TiltingAtWindmills Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Definitely get it. And if you want a friend to support you, add me! I'll cheer you on. I've been working at it for awhile (struggling a bit with level 2).
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I love 30DS and all of Jillian's other dvd's, especially the kickboxing one. However, please research and review what Jillian herself has said.... 30DS was NOT INTENDED to do everyday, its hard on the knees and joints. She intended for it to be done for 30 days but not in a row--- she suggests 3-4 days a week with rest days.

She does state this on her Ripped in 30 that you MUST have a day or two of rest.
  • questhaven
    questhaven Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I love 30DS - I'm on day 11 today and have been doing level 2 for the past two days. I definitely see and feel a difference already! The workout is intense - I think I sweat more in those 20 minutes than I have over the past 5 years combined! Yes, my ankles are a little sore but it might just be because I haven't been wearing shoes up to this point so I've been lacking correct support. I'm going to start '6 week six pack' after this – I really trust Jillian Michaels methods to get results. I'd recommend using a yoga mat for stability if you're doing this on carpet - those lunges can be damn near impossible if you are sliding all over the place!

Everyone – feel free to add me if you’d a 30DS buddy! :)
  • MrsTWard
    MrsTWard Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I am on Day 26/Level 3. Out of the 30DS I only missed one day so far. I missed this pass Sunday 3/25 because of my knee. My knee was an issue before I started the program so I'm not blaming it on 30DS. I enjoyed this DVD because I see the results. The scale really discouraged me but after reading all the replies about losing inches is better lets me know I am doing this right. There where times I felt like giving up because I thought I would loose more weight but I am determined to finish this challenge. And I will finish it on Sat 3/31! I plan to restart this April 2 BUT this time I will have a day or two of resting.
  • emmabooters
    emmabooters Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I actually watched the video for level 1 on youtube to see if my ankle could hold up. The jumping jacks and butt kicks I think i'd be okay with. I would have to just modify the squats and lunges to suit me comfortably.
  • 50nfit124
    50nfit124 Posts: 21
    Options

thanks cuz i can only seem to to go about 4-5 days before my kness say hell no! :laugh:

starting level 2 this week and its no joke, those planks used to be some sort of torture tactic i

Thank you soo much for clarifying!! I guess I should've researched a bit more.. I've been doing it 2-3 times per week with pilates or yoga in between.. It's definately working for me that way!!!! II FEEL GRRREAT!!!!!
  • novangel2
    novangel2 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I started this DVD early February and got real serious with it + MFP the first week of March. I use 5p weights instead of 3 and average 6 days a week...I have only gone over on calories once. I have no idea what I weigh right now because it's that TOM but I think I have lost only minimal pounds (maybe 4?) but inches are gone for sure. I can tell because I took pics of myself a few weeks ago and there's a difference. I had start pics from back in Feb but erased them on accident! Grrr.. I would do just about anything to get those pics back because I know the difference would be even more prominent..I am frustrated with the scale. I know inches is great but I want to see the numbers dropping!! Oh well..

I agree it's a great DVD but like others said she's annoying. iPod is a must.
  • Mathteacher35
    Mathteacher35 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am on level 1 day 3! So far so good! I am a bit sore, but not miserable. I also ran 2 miles today. Is it bad to combine both the 30 day shred and cardio on the same day?
  • cah1255
    cah1255 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    i have a question.. i was sick the past few days (bad cold!!). at any rate, i wasn't able to do the shred. i had done 10 straight days of level one and one day of level two, prior to not feeling well. my question is.. if i double up for a few days, to catch up to where i would be now had i not gotten sick, would that be as effective as doing it for 10 days in a row? or should i just continue to do level two once a day? anyone have experience with this?
  • ersass
    ersass Posts: 1
    Options
    I started the 30 day shred today! I took measurements and can't wait to see what happens. I am adding it to my half marathon training schedule which is on April 28th. I will post my results as I see changes. I am currently 150 lb at 4'11. I hope to be down to at least 142 at the end of these next 30 days. We shall see what happens. Wish me luck :)
  • DeanneLea
    DeanneLea Posts: 261
    Options
    I don't know if doubling up is as effective but I do it. I want to finish this in 30 days rather than tack on missed days at the end. So I've doubled up from missed days. I feel fantastic afterward!
  • Aryel168
    Aryel168 Posts: 126
    Options
    I just ordered mine and should be receiving any day :) will post results..I got mine on amazon for 6$ plus shipping. I think 8$ all together.

HAHA, I ordered mine from Amazon today, too. Very cheap! I can't wait!
  • CrzyAte
    CrzyAte Posts: 55
    Options
    I LOVE JILLIAN-I have been combining the biggest winner 5 disc cd with 30 day shred and ripped in 30-I do them 3-4 times a week. I have had nothing but success with Jillian. I like that the workouts are quick and you get a good workout, calorie burn ( i usually burn between 250 and 300 calories per session). It sounds like you are sold on getting it (good!)-just wanted to co-sign :). Have fun with Jillian!

On another note about muscle weight and fat weight-I saw this post from someone a few weeks back and swore that I would share it every time I saw someone say that muscle weighs more than fat .

Anyhoo these are not my words but I am supporting his cause by spreading his words as they are true:

''Muscle doesn't weigh more than fat. They weigh the same.

I'm going to keep blasting that everywhere until every single MFP user gets it! (Sorry - but it's driving me BONKERS).

One pound of muscle and one pound of fat weigh the exact same amount - ONE POUND. The difference? One pound of fat takes up much mroe physical space than one pound of muscle (lean) does. So - although you might drop a few pounds of fat, you're probably gaining a few of muscle. This means the number on the scale isn't changing much BUT your body is getting smaller - fat is shrinking, muscle is leaner, pounds are equal. ''

Ha! Thank you!! I posted before seeing your reply. So many people still believe it weighs more for some reason!

I fully understand what a pound is. maybe...i didnt word it correctly or as in depth as some. yes a pound is a pound. muscle is more dense. i am pretty sure that everyone understands that a pound of fat is equal to a pound of muscle. just less dense. :)

I see this all the time and it drives me crazy. Where does anyone say a pound of fat weighs more than a pound of muscle. Maybe she ment an inch of fat or handfull. Everyone is so quick to try and correct someone.
  • DeanneLea
    DeanneLea Posts: 261
    Options
    I LOVE JILLIAN-I have been combining the biggest winner 5 disc cd with 30 day shred and ripped in 30-I do them 3-4 times a week. I have had nothing but success with Jillian. I like that the workouts are quick and you get a good workout, calorie burn ( i usually burn between 250 and 300 calories per session). It sounds like you are sold on getting it (good!)-just wanted to co-sign :). Have fun with Jillian!

On another note about muscle weight and fat weight-I saw this post from someone a few weeks back and swore that I would share it every time I saw someone say that muscle weighs more than fat .

Anyhoo these are not my words but I am supporting his cause by spreading his words as they are true:

''Muscle doesn't weigh more than fat. They weigh the same.

I'm going to keep blasting that everywhere until every single MFP user gets it! (Sorry - but it's driving me BONKERS).

One pound of muscle and one pound of fat weigh the exact same amount - ONE POUND. The difference? One pound of fat takes up much mroe physical space than one pound of muscle (lean) does. So - although you might drop a few pounds of fat, you're probably gaining a few of muscle. This means the number on the scale isn't changing much BUT your body is getting smaller - fat is shrinking, muscle is leaner, pounds are equal. ''

Ha! Thank you!! I posted before seeing your reply. So many people still believe it weighs more for some reason!

I fully understand what a pound is. maybe...i didnt word it correctly or as in depth as some. yes a pound is a pound. muscle is more dense. i am pretty sure that everyone understands that a pound of fat is equal to a pound of muscle. just less dense. :)

I see this all the time and it drives me crazy. Where does anyone say a pound of fat weighs more than a pound of muscle. Maybe she ment an inch of fat or handfull. Everyone is so quick to try and correct someone.

No one said a pound of fat weighs more than a pound of muscle. The common myth is that muscle weighs more than fat which is what a poster said. No one was correcting her in an effort to be rude but just to help her understand. Even though in the end, she understood MANY people don't.
  • mgraue82
    mgraue82 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    So when I go buy the DVD I need to buy weights (3 lbs for this beginner!!), anything else?? I will be doing it on my front room floor, it has "carpet" if thats what you call it, but its crappy and hard! (gotta love a rental home!)

Same issue here w/ the carpet - so I just toss down a fleece blanket for when I have to do my girly push ups... otherwise you're good to go for now :)

NO MAAM! You should be doing them male style! Even if you can't do them all! Before I started doing Jillian, I couldn't even do one. By the time I finished, I could do sets of 20! DO THEM THE RIGHT WAY! :huh: :huh: :huh:

I'll let you know when I make it to that point... but for now "Girly" it is! Pretty sure she has a model on their doing it on her knee's as well???
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I'll let you know when I make it to that point... but for now "Girly" it is! Pretty sure she has a model on their doing it on her knee's as well???

That model did not get that way from doing girly push-ups, trust me. Try as many as you can man style and the one's you can't do you can always plank. Planks tone the core and arms and make push-ups easier
  • JeBitchy23
    Options
    finished l2d2. holy crud...im sore. mostly my back and ankles for some reason. oh well. good news...im down 1 pound. woot!
  • micls
    micls Posts: 234
    Options
    The common myth is that muscle weighs more than fat which is what a poster said. No one was correcting her in an effort to be rude but just to help her understand. Even though in the end, she understood MANY people don't.

The common myth on this site is that when people say muscle weighs more than fat, they mean it weight. which is patently ridiculous. Everything weighs the same if you've 1 pound of it! It's no comparison at all.

Obviously when people say 'muscle weighs more than fat' or 'gold weighs more than feathers' they mean by volume or density.
    To think otherwise implies the person is a complete idiot!

On the shred:
    *Did it for the first time today. definitely felt it in some of the muscles, but overall I didn't find it as difficult as I expected. My workouts must be working a bit! Still, felt good and was over quickly. I don't think I'll spend 10days on level one though, I might try to move up a bit earlier to push myself (I'll probably be back in a few days crying saying this was an awful idea :D).

I won't be able to do it everyday, probably only a few times a week cos I was to keep my other workout sessions. It's definitely handy as something to do on the days you can't make it to the gym.

Burned 260calories doing it. Not bad for 20 mins or so!
  • LauraK216
    LauraK216 Posts: 104
    Options
    I'm on day 3 of 30DS and I am sore, but I jumped straight into this after not doing much exercise at all for months! I'm looking forward to losing inches and know the pounds will come off!