buffalo02 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I went into nursing.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    BA major in Classical History & Civilization
    minor in Archaeology

Dead people... What they wrote, what they built, what they thought, and what they threw away, hehe..

WOW that's interesting!
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Double major in psych and sociology :D Loving it.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Nursing. i was a music education major for two years, though. That was intense, workaholic craziness.
  • Leanne3552000
    Leanne3552000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Human Nutrition :)
    Minor: Food Service management
  • SweetProgression
    SweetProgression Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    was psychology changed to BUS thinking of doing both
  • vlaura
    vlaura Posts: 93
    Options
    Criminal justice major with a double minor in neuroscience and sociology :)
  • applejacks1552
    Options
    Majored in Biology and Minored in Chemistry - graduated almost 10 years ago. Now working in a clinical genetics laboratory.

Yay for all the nerdy girls! Wish I'd had the foresight (and the brains) to go into Bioinformatics though, it's really a growing field.
  • sixisCHANGEDjk
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for all these cool responses! I love seeing so many mortuary sciences! But they don't have it at the uni I'm going to
    I have zero interest in math so accounting is out. I have always wanted to be an elementary teacher but am afraid of not finding a job. So tit now I am really looking at emergency management. Its interesting and exciting! I think I can handle being a paramedic .. but its still up in the air.

By the way the girl who is majoring in wildlife is so my favorite! I would love to do that as well if they had it here. Le sigh.

Well, I like math so I won't bore you with what I might major in (if I was decided) but have you thought about hotel/hospitality management, etc. I have some family and a friend who did that.
  • jawhwilson
    Options
    My bachelors is Human Services and Management (I did social work)
    I just finished my Masters in Special Ed and am certified k-12, I'm open to teaching in general or special ed depending on where the good jobs are. :)
  • Musikelektronik
    Musikelektronik Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I plan to start law school this year. English degrees happen to be a great foundation for that. :wink:

Very true. That's what I did, too. But I went into law school in '96 and graduated in '99, when the job market for lawyers was a lot better. Just evaluate the job market carefully. And if you can, try to pay cash for law school. Those student loans will follow you like a stray dog for years and years. Trust me on that one.

Thank you for the advice. I'm going to definitely try to work out some alternative financing for this endeavor. I'm interested in immigration law (which might be a good thing for a south Floridian), civil rights, and entertainment if I decide against the other 2 for some reason.

Good luck!! :smile:

Aaron
  • newerme15
    newerme15 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    French :happy:

Tres bien :-)
  • newerme15
    newerme15 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I majored in Biology with a minor in Psychology
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Psychology with a minor in Counseling and in Grad school will be Mental Health Counseling. I'd like to specialize in eating disorders and mood and behavioral disorders :flowerforyou:
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Speech Language and Hearing Science with a minor in my true love, Linguistics.

Maybe I can find a research opportunity that combines a cure for a SLHS issue with info from Linguistics.... like the absolute greatest method to instruct a foreign language to deaf people or something like that!

I can dream. :)
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Marine Biology twice, B.S. and M.S. Went back to school at 40yrs of age.
  • elsham
    elsham Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Majoring in Spanish linguistics and minoring in Chemistry and Nutrition.
    What am I going to do with my degree and education?
    Good question. If you have an idea, let me know, because I have absolutely no clue.

ETA: Besides translation. I do that now, and it's way too freelance to be a job for life.
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Psychology and Social Work. I don't work in either field, so can I get a refund?
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Orientation & Mobility
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Music Education and Special Education. Have 25 years in the Education field (not all teaching) and have been band director at my current school for 11 years... Incidentally I do have one SPED class every day... so I guess I am still doing both... :-)