Rewarding Yourself?

Options
Do any of you set short-term goals with rewards for yourself when you meet them? If so, what do you use as a reward? For example, I told myself that if I stuck with my calorie count all this week, I could go yard-sailing this weekend. Does this approach work for you?

Replies

• Jeaniehop
    Jeaniehop Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do this every 15 pounds lost I buy me something whatever I feel like and I am coming up on mini goal #2 and I'm going clothes shopping! I so need it too my clothes are huge which is a big yay for me lol. Good luck to you!
  • Queen2day
    Queen2day Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I have only rewarded myself once thus far and it was with getting a pedicure. [I have only done this twice in my entire life.] I intend on learning new ways [non food related] to reward myself as I continue on my journey. I am thinking of ways that will help me feel beautiful and pampered. :smile:
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    I go for bigger goals (like, 50 pounds) and reward myself with things like a new pair of shoes (I'm really hard on shoes), or at the end I'll be getting a new lens for my camera. My "I stuck with it this far" reward in October will be a new running tank top and probably shorts, right before vacation to Florida (and hopefully run in a Run For Your Lives 5k!).
  • the_great_unknown
    the_great_unknown Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I always say I am going to, but I usually cheap out. I get pedicures and similar things regularly, and I just think of them as grooming. I did recently buy myself some new jeans as a treat. I went down a size. I am trying not to think of it as an issue of vanity sizing.
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I am a man that likes to look good working out. I will buy myself a new short/t-shirt set when reaching a goal. I enjoy a fresh new pair of running shoes once in awhile too. It's fun!
  • Cobehale
    Cobehale Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    As a working mom of 5 I don't have the time or the budget to do spa things so I have set goals for 25lbs - every time I hit one of those I will do something nice for myself like a pedicure, massage etc. I have been picking up Groupons here and there when a really good deal comes along so I have one ready to go. I know I don't want to have them go to waste so it gives me another incentive to keep on working! When I hit my main goal I have promised myself an entire day at the spa!