What's your major?

Options

Replies

• AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I win the prize for Most Useless Major on the Planet: I am a Catholic woman and I majored in Theology.
  • cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    @AdAstra47

I'm right there with you in a sense. Majoring in humanities and philosophy.. after getting an AA in sociology (which you can do nothing with).. and everything I read says that NO ONE asks for someone with a degree in humanities... I usually have to explain to people what I study. Luckily I got it into my head that I'm in school to learn things and not to make money... and now the fact that my job prospects are slim doesn't really bother me at all.... except for like.. maybe once a month when I have an existential crisis. It's fun!
  • ElementalEscapee
    ElementalEscapee Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I major in Awesome. *cue sexy Barney Stinson face*
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    Majoring in Spanish linguistics and minoring in Chemistry and Nutrition.
    What am I going to do with my degree and education?
    Good question. If you have an idea, let me know, because I have absolutely no clue.

ETA: Besides translation. I do that now, and it's way too freelance to be a job for life.

puedes buscar un trabajo en los centros de llamadas que requieren a alguien que habla el Español con fluidez. yo trabajo en un restaurante Italiano y entiendo un poco de Italiano porque es bastante parecido a la lengua Española.

EDIT: (English) You can look for jobs in call center that requires someone who can speak fluent Spanish. I work in an Italian restaurant and I understand Italian a little because its close to Spanish
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Nutrition Science! Woot woot! I love it but it's a lot of work. You're in classes like ochem, physics, biochem, physiology...all the nasty stuff premed kids have to take. But that's how you learn what the food really does in your body. It also helps to know how to read them dense scientific articles!
  • Musikelektronik
    Musikelektronik Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I major in Awesome. *cue sexy Barney Stinson face*

How I Met Your Mother is legend- ... wait for it ... -dary! :laugh:
  • Lasityttö
    Lasityttö Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    My major is math, minor is philosophy and I also study pedagogy. Hopefully I'll be a teacher some day.
  • jlrimke
    jlrimke Posts: 7
    Options
    I'm majoring in psychology :)
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I have a BA in psych.
  • avafrisbee
    avafrisbee Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Aerospace Engineering. And I work as an Electrical Engineer on Airbus aircraft....Go figure.

My husband is a double major in Physics and Mechanical Engineering, he did the same thing up until Monday. Now he's in charge of ensuring electrical cables are installed without problems in a section of the A350. One of his colleagues described his job as "the guy that gets blamed for everything management does wrong" though.

Choose a major that will help get you a job. You need it to pay back your student loans (if you have them). Seriously think about this, it's important in this economy. I know a few people with college degrees that work at places like Rite-Aid or dunkin' donuts because their degree is worthless in the real world.
  • luckylanie13
    Options
    Speech and Hearing Sciences/Communication Disorders
    I want to become a speech language pathologist (aka speech therapist).
  • Zarienz
    Zarienz Posts: 60
    Options
    major in architecture, 3 months into my mfp degree.
  • najla56
    najla56 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    civil engineering. and i worked for a petroleum company- in operations! go figure!
  • glittermouse
    glittermouse Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    English!!
  • rockyluv88
    Options
    BA in criminal justice emphasizing in Pre-Law, minor in Political Science and just finishing up my AAS in Paralegal Studies
  • Brittni__duh
    Brittni__duh Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Finishing up my degree in Women's Studies with a minor in both Queer Studies and Human Development. Common major, right?
    Hoping to go to grad school for my masters in both Social Work and Marriage and Family Services. Or maybe law, to get into family law. Haven't completely decided.
  • Trinketona
    Trinketona Posts: 190
    Options
    Criminal Justice :wink:
  • MsDreaB
    MsDreaB Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    psychology =)
  • fguillory
    fguillory Posts: 291
    Options
    History and I graduate in December