Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Rewarding Yourself?

Do any of you set short-term goals with rewards for yourself when you meet them? If so, what do you use as a reward? For example, I told myself that if I stuck with my calorie count all this week, I could go yard-sailing this weekend. Does this approach work for you?

Replies

• Jeaniehop
    Jeaniehop Posts: 88 Member
    Yes, I do this every 15 pounds lost I buy me something whatever I feel like and I am coming up on mini goal #2 and I'm going clothes shopping! I so need it too my clothes are huge which is a big yay for me lol. Good luck to you!
  • Queen2day
    Queen2day Posts: 68 Member
    I have only rewarded myself once thus far and it was with getting a pedicure. [I have only done this twice in my entire life.] I intend on learning new ways [non food related] to reward myself as I continue on my journey. I am thinking of ways that will help me feel beautiful and pampered. :smile:
  • I go for bigger goals (like, 50 pounds) and reward myself with things like a new pair of shoes (I'm really hard on shoes), or at the end I'll be getting a new lens for my camera. My "I stuck with it this far" reward in October will be a new running tank top and probably shorts, right before vacation to Florida (and hopefully run in a Run For Your Lives 5k!).
  • the_great_unknown
    the_great_unknown Posts: 194 Member
    I always say I am going to, but I usually cheap out. I get pedicures and similar things regularly, and I just think of them as grooming. I did recently buy myself some new jeans as a treat. I went down a size. I am trying not to think of it as an issue of vanity sizing.
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    I am a man that likes to look good working out. I will buy myself a new short/t-shirt set when reaching a goal. I enjoy a fresh new pair of running shoes once in awhile too. It's fun!
  • Cobehale
    Cobehale Posts: 54 Member
    As a working mom of 5 I don't have the time or the budget to do spa things so I have set goals for 25lbs - every time I hit one of those I will do something nice for myself like a pedicure, massage etc. I have been picking up Groupons here and there when a really good deal comes along so I have one ready to go. I know I don't want to have them go to waste so it gives me another incentive to keep on working! When I hit my main goal I have promised myself an entire day at the spa!