Sloppy Women at the Gym

Options

Replies

• Aham6
    Aham6 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have no problem with girl who look decent, I try to look okay sometimes, but when I'm working out my face gets red and I get sweaty, so when I'm next to someone who is walking on the treadmill with full makeup on, it makes me wonder why she's even there. If you like to look good but still work hard, that's awesome.
  • Tal_27
    Tal_27 Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm 100% with you. Nice summer colors...pony tail, no big deal. Lulu clothes meant to sweat in. ITS FITNESS CLOTHES!!! I think doing your hair more than that and with a tone of makeup is stupid. Like someone said...its just gonna melt off anyways!!!

Also .... a lulu fan! ;D
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I wanted to add to my post: I don't care about labels and wouldn't know LuLu Lemon from Walmart brand, so what you're wearing doesn't even phase me. Except the men who work out in khakis and loafers. I don't get that AT ALL.
  • sel254
    sel254 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    This is going right on my "Things I do not give a f#$k about list" I suggest you do the same.
    :drinker: exactly what I was thinking
  • yoli_bee
    yoli_bee Posts: 27
    Options
    I don't care about how anyone looks at the gym. I go to workout, to feel good about my body, and and that's it. Sometimes I look "cuter" than others, and sometimes it's in a pair of shorts and an X-Men t-shirt. Who cares?
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    I lift at home naked, because being a man I don't know how to do laundry.....
  • SweetSammie
    SweetSammie Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I'm one of those sloppy people... but new workout clothes are my 10 lb reward, and I'm only at 5 lbs lost. So, it's old workout clothes from god knows when and the freebie t-shirts from a million places.

Honestly, if I'm going to sweat buckets (and I do, on the elliptical), I'm not worried about being cute. Also, I didn't want to buy new clothes now because I have been losing pretty quickly. I know it will slow eventually, but until it does, no new clothes of any sort!
  • valenief
    valenief Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    We go about 7 pm I look cute when I get there even wait to put my hair up there so i fell better about my self. But then its to work I go I sweat like a man!!! By the time my workout is over my hair is a mess and soaking wet my make up is all sweated off that little white towel they give me can be rung out and I say I do look like something the cat drug in but at least Im cute when I get there lol!
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    How about the phrase "to each his own" and not purpetuate the hate with posts like this? Maybe the person who looks like they rolled out of bed just lost a ton of weight and doesn't have the money to buy expensive work out clothes. The same way that someone who has on make-up and looks pretty isn't someone who is not working out hard and dedicated.

Keep on keeping on, do what you do, and let's encourage and support others.
  • seoid
    seoid Posts: 151
    Options
    If I could afford a bunch of cute workout clothes I would totally do it. With two kids I can barely get dressed so I throw on whatever but I'm working out at home so it doesn't matter. If you look good, you feel good!

same here
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    I'm old & no longer care about being asthetically pleasing to the eye, ESPECIALLY when working out, camping, etc. I am a feminist & think I'm about more than my looks. If anyone can't see past how I look, they are not worth caring about anyway.
    but as you say, to each his own
  • Missa1350
    Options
    If you choose to put on a face of makeup and doll up your hair just for the gym - so be it....but if you still look that cute after your workout - then it's pretty clear that you probably weren't working hard enough.
  • eve_1013
    eve_1013 Posts: 7
    Options
    I go to the gym, for my health and to tone up. I am not there to impress anybody. I go afterwork, I put my hair up, put on gym clothes and workout, not look at what other people are wearing or if they are in style or not...dont really care. :)
  • msalanajo
    msalanajo Posts: 18
    Options
    If I could afford a bunch of cute workout clothes I would totally do it. With two kids I can barely get dressed so I throw on whatever but I'm working out at home so it doesn't matter. If you look good, you feel good!

Same here. I can't afford to buy the cute stuff and even if I could, I probably wouldn't. I'd still be covered in sweat, so it doesn't matter what I have on. I am there to lose weight. Not impress.
  • Annie_Oakley
    Options
    Workout nekkid-on your bedroom floor...privacy of your own home and no one has to see (or care) wtf ye look like...problem solved :drinker:
  • TankGirl71
    TankGirl71 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I work out at an inner city YMCA filled with convicted felons. Baggy t shirt and shorts for me, thank you very much. Last thing I want is them checking out my biscuit. I work out at the gym so I can look good AT HOME. I searched Lululemon out of curiosity...$100 for a pair of yoga pants? $88 for a t shirt? Really? Who cares what anyone else is doing. Mind your own workout.
  • ervewan
    ervewan Posts: 1
    Options
    I don't think that it really matters what people are looking like at the gym, everyone is there for the same thing in the end so I think that it should be a "judgement" free zone.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    I don't know about the rest of you ladies, but I like to look and feel good when I am at the gym. I LOVE how I feel in a new nike/LuLu outfit. I love hot pink running tops and cute yoga pants. I love feeling my high ponytail swoosh around when I am on a long run. I like having my cheeks flushed and my lashes dark.

Why is it that this is hated & looked down upon by other woman? Woman who care about thier appearance at the gym are apparently silly in alot of other womans minds?

Well, I for one am not a fan of the "roll out of bed look" at 5:00 pm - so, I guess we will all have to agree to disagree.

But honestly, what really is your beef?

What you are talking about for you is fine. I don't see anything wrong with that. But the women that have more makeup than a geisha girl with bombshell bras on and they cruise the gym advertising for a man is wrong. They should go somewhere else to do that. I'm focused on me and for someone like that sits in a piece of equipment and not using it except to scope out the guys is annoying when we could be using the equipment. She could get a job at the gym and serving protein shakes and look all dolled up while she scopes out the guys. JMHO.
  • ryno0618
    ryno0618 Posts: 361
    Options
    Everyone for themselves. do what's comfortable and feels good for you. who cares what others think about your look and attire at the gym? Personally, any gal workin' her tail off week after week at the gym is hot!!
  • regina2063
    regina2063 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    i dont go to the gym anymore...i work out at home....at the gym...i just had a t shirt , gym pants and a ponytail....and working out at home is the same....i dont fell any different....i depends on how you fell on the inside to what makes you feel good....i just want to work out...i dont care about the clothes...until Saturday when its time to fit into those JEANS!!! yeah....