What will you do when you hit your goal ? Will you still be

Options

Replies

• Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    when you reach your goal you should "pay it forward" help others by sharing with them advice, encouragement, etc that helped you along the way. it's a good social media website if nothing else.
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    So there is losing the weight goal..then there is the building muscles goal. I have reached the weightloss goal....now I am lifting heavy to reach the building muscles goal..
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Hit my goal and made a new one, then hit my goal and made a new one. :) I will stay here for maintaining also.. Otherwise I am afraid those pounds might slowly creep back on me.. ACK!!
    ^^THIS^^
    Even if the goal is to not gain.
  • hopeitworks
    hopeitworks Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I will definitely continue to keep logging in and keeping track. I reached my goal a while ago, stopped logging in and being accountable for what I was eating. It was amazing how quick the weight starting creeping back. I really need a place to be accountable for what I'm eating. I guess I'm weak, so I'm back again working at losing what I gained back. Plus, there are a lot of great people on here.
  • karendsmith
    karendsmith Posts: 167
    Options
    I 3rd that!!!! I will stay to maintain. We are all on here for the same reason, support, guidance...to be healthier, and to lose our unwanted pounds! It doesn't stop once you reach your goal, When I finally reach my goal and feel good about what I see in the mirror, I want to keep that!
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I've been using the site to maintain since January. :-)
  • SongbirdLandy
    SongbirdLandy Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm here for the long haul! I'll be using this site to help me maintain, for sure!
  • biegela
    biegela Posts: 4
    Options
    I will still be here. myfitnesspal is like my best friend. I know i can always come here for encouragement and part of maintaining is continuing to be conscious of what you eat and do.
  • e_NV_y
    e_NV_y Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    There is no way I will allow myself to gain back this weight that took all this effort to lose.. so I will continue on MFP for maintence.. And like many have said just keep setting new goals.. tone, running goals, heavy lifting etc. The support on here is amazing and positive.. and I think that is what we constantly need for this life changing battle. :)
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I've reached my WG and my UWG, I'm in the maitenance phase now. I recently started not logging my food daily and it's been very successful. I know I've got this and can move forward. I love MFP and my friends, I will stay here to encourage, help and motivate.
  • paul7799
    paul7799 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'll stay with MFP I figure I will have to the rest of my life if I want to stay at the weight I am at.
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I'm 1.4 pounds away from my goal weight but I'll continue using MFP when I get there. I might continue losing a few more pounds just as insurance, and then I'll switch to maintenance and focus on toning up more. A while ago I stopped logging on weekends because I hate being chained to the app, and it hasn't affected my rate of loss, so I'l continue taking weekend breaks.
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    I might continue to stay on and help encourage people with their journey, but as for logging calories i might just take a break from it..unless i really feel like im slipping more then i should, then i might start logging them to keep better track.
  • m60kaf
    m60kaf Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    When I weighed 21st my goal was 17st

When I weighed 17st I wanted to weigh 15st - would it ever be possible!!!

When I weighed 15 I wanted to weigh 12 1/2 st - when I weighed 12 1/2 st I was too small and wanted to put muscle on

Now I got a bit more muscle I want more muscle and ABS

If (well probably when) I get that I will prob want more muscle and be able to bench more

It's a moving target - by the time I hit a goal it's old hat
  • SkinnieFinnie
    SkinnieFinnie Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    l will probably make a new goal one more time (140 to 130).. then continue with MFP to maintain!
  • Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I am a "lifer", I have gone back and forth too many times, and I know that if I stay, i will continue to keep track of what I am putting in my body and be more aware. This is what will make it possible for me to maintain this time. I also love the site, it is so motivating, and the people are great!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    pretty sure I will switch to maintenance mode and start fixing all the details around the edges, monitoring my nutrition and doing ape**** crazy stuff like bouldering and hiking rim to rim of the Grand Canyon and ziplining down to Machu Picchu...
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    It is TOUGH to just go back to normal. Maintaining takes so much more energy as there is no end goal weight. I have been maintaining since December and the weight fluctuates 2 pounds here and there and you have to be OK with it. But even just eating habits creep back up on you. I don't want to be the eating disorder tracker person, but going out slowly is what I'm going to do and not a big bang,
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I plan on staying for maintenance or else I'd likely gain it all back. I may take more breaks from recording, but I'm here for the long haul.
  • simplyeater
    simplyeater Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I'll probably be here forever...or until the zombie apocalypse.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!