I don't let

Options

Replies

• jfcarlson713
    jfcarlson713 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I count my steps - especially if I'm in a hurry. Fortunately this does NOT carry over to running!!!
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    The driver controls the music. No exceptions!

This!!!
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    The bedroom has to be pitch dark for me to sleep. No lights from clocks either. If I see light, I will cover it.
  • JoJo_fat2fab
    JoJo_fat2fab Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    any of my extremities hang over the bed while I sleep because the under-bed monster is going to grab me and pull me under.

What are your weird quirks? :)

This, but instead of monster, I think dead people are going to pull me under :-(
    Also, I need to sleep covered, at least my legs, even in the hottest of nights.
  • ChantelZf
    ChantelZf Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Closet doors as well, haha but more importantly no little l.e.d lights, like on the laptop or the cable box, phone is a bad one makes me have nightmares for some reason, probably because it disturbs my sleep, but these are only the few things. I HATE when people sleep on the couch. So much! unorganized container in the kitchen, I mean square go with square, circle and circle right, taught this stuff in preschool people!
  • sheila569
    sheila569 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    OCD here. Kitchen cabinets - all labels must face forward and everything must be evenly lined up. Clothing hangers need to be spaced evenly and facing all the same way. "Sleeping with the Enemy" lol.
  • NewImprovedMrsCoates
    NewImprovedMrsCoates Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Oh my.... I am the queen of quirks! Where do I begin???

*I HAVE to swallow my gum if I chew it. Otherwise my mouth feels incomplete and I have to chew another piece so that I can swallow it. Therefore.... I don't chew gum often.

*I can't let anybody load the dishwasher but me. Everything has to go in a specific order which is dictated by the order in which it gets put away. And everything has to be completely washed before it goes in the dishwasher. If these things do not occur, it has to get reloaded and washed again.

*Clothes washing is done by who the clothes belong to and where they get put away in the house. i.e. my daughter's clothes cannot get washed with mine because they get put away in separate places.

*I buy most everything in twos.

*I can't order the same thing as someone else at a restaurant. If I am dining with a large group, I will always have several options ready in my mind and I will order last so that I don't get the same thing as someone else.

*I have 2 separate kinds of foods that I buy at the grocery store: the things that we eat and then the things that other people might like to eat if we ever have company over. My house is always fully stocked with both of these types of selections.

There are about a hundred more... just like this. And this is why I'm single. Hahahaha :)
  • McMeggers
    McMeggers Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I cant sleep with socks on EVER even if im cold i feel like my feet are being constricted and it drives me bonkers.
  • bakay138
    bakay138 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I can only set my alarm on the quarter hour. Either 6:00am, 6:15, 6:30 etc. If the alarm goes one minute past to 6:31 when I am trying to set it, I have to start over again.

I don't flush the toilet when I use it in the middle of the night because it will wake up the underbed monsters and I won't be able to safely make it back to bed.
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I have to sleep with my head covered and my feet hanging out...always at least one foot! I also can not have things hanging off the bed!

I smell dishes before I use them....if they smell any kind of weird, back in the sink they go!

I will only use the same color hanger (Black right now)....I once went out and bought a whole new set of hangers because I couldn't find the color I needed!

I eat candies like M&M's from light to dark...then least to most...two at a time!

I could go on....and then I wonder where my kids get their weird habits LOL. :)
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I never go @ss to mouth... wait.... what?
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I have to have all the cupboard doors shut while I'm in the kitchen... hubby leaves them open and I will follow behind and close them.

Not sure why this is, but I blame the scene from "Sixth Sense" where the cupboards are closed and the mom walks out of the room and when she comes back a few seconds later they are all open...
  • radosti1
    radosti1 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I don't let my extremities hang off the bed, but only because the cats take that as an invitation to bat it around and the dogs assume that if they stick their heads under my palm, I will have to pet them.
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    ok on a more serious note. I always get up about 3 times to check the doors and my kids before actually going to sleep.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I can only sleep wrapped in my blue fuzzy blanket and I have to be topless. I cannot sleep without some kid of aid otherwise.

Also, I can't go out without a book, notebook, and kindle without getting physically uncomfortable.
  • Phrak
    Phrak Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I always have to cuddle a pillow when i sleep. Even when i am sharing the bed with a girl.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I can't have my bare feet touching each other when I try to sleep. I have to wrap a blanket around one so that the skin isn't touching.
  • _GingerSnap_
    _GingerSnap_ Posts: 339 Member
    Options

I thought that was a rule! :laugh:
  • jcriscuolo
    jcriscuolo Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    TV volume can NEVER be on 13 always 12 or 14 or more.
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options

I thought that was a rule! :laugh:

rules are meant to be broken