Non - Scale Victories (NSV) - care to share?

Options

Replies

• jsjaclark
    jsjaclark Posts: 303
    Options
    Helping my husband shovel dirt and move the wheelbarrel full of dirt and I barely worked up a sweat.
  • rfarinha
    rfarinha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    this may sound silly, but a regular size bath towel able to fit around me with no gap :) It feels good!!

This was one of my favorites!
  • giptsie
    giptsie Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have another!! My 6 year old gave me a hug and said mommy I can hug you better now :)

My son hugged me in the middle of the store and said, "Mom, I can reach around you! And you look slimmer in here, too" (running his hands down my sides) :happy: Embarrassing but great!
  • SpaceFanMomma
    Options
    Running on the track for the first time in months today. I've been dealing with Morton's neuroma in both feet that I'm POSITIVE is associated with carrying too much weight. I did some sprint intervals and felt energized afterwards.
  • NikkiPsuedoDupuis
    NikkiPsuedoDupuis Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I can see my pink bits without sucking in my tummy :D
  • zmzmzm19
    zmzmzm19 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Taking my once, tight-fitting jeans out of the dryer......and they are still a little loose!! :happy:
  • amv1023
    amv1023 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I can tie my shoes without struggling with my big belly in the way! And for the first time in my life I am boxing up clothes that are too big instead of ones that are too small! I will be donating them since I will NOT be going back to those sizes
  • nattles90
    nattles90 Posts: 21
    Options
    I realized that when I'm going in to a lecture hall or equally crowded place people don't feel the need to move out of the way for me anymore.

I'm wearing size 12's. I'm 21 and I don't remember EVER fitting into size 12's. Last year I was pushing out of 18's.

My boyfriend got jealous because other guys were looking at MY butt at the gym!

I don't feel like the fattest person in the room anymore.

I ran 1.5 miles straight AND in under 15 mins. Last year I couldn't run for more then 2 mins straight without feeling like I was dying.

People randomly compliment me on my weight loss on facebook and not even just on my pictures!

People ask ME what I'M doing instead of the other way around.

I've been called 'Skinny Minnie' and told I was a bunch of sizes smaller then someone else.

I'm proud of myself for the first time in my life.

My parents complimented my body for the first time in my life.

86 pounds down, 37 to go. I had to use a calculator to figure that out. :) This is the first post I've made on here because I'm finally giving myself credit.
  • giptsie
    giptsie Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    - Walked a full two miles this morning.
    - All of my clothes are starting to fall off.
    - My son reaching for water and eating his veggies because of my example of the right foods to eat.
  • minime2b
    minime2b Posts: 168
    Options
    not having to do deep knee bends to stretch my pants out when I put them on :drinker:
  • theresak331
    theresak331 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I had my first last weekend. I'd told my bf that I'd been working to lose weight and that I hadn't lost much yet, but felt better about myself.

As we were headed out to run some errands, I threw on a T-shirt and some yoga pants and he asked me to stop in my tracks. He made me go stand in front of him and turn to the side and back. I was kind of confused, but did what he asked.

With a perplexed look, he asked, "How much weight did you say you'd lost?"

I shrugged. "Just a couple of pounds so far."

Even more perplexed, he said, "But...you look like you've lost A LOT of weight!"

I couldn't help but smile...sometimes toning up a bit makes a big difference!
  • asamuels85
    asamuels85 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I had to keep pulling up my underwear while I was working out this morning, and my workout pants I was wearing were so loose they no longer contained my jiggle. They will be washed and put right in the giveaway pile!

^^ LOVE IT!!!.. I was so embarrassed at the gym last week.. when i was done with my workout I rolled mine up in a paper towel and tossed them!! Sure..... i went commando for half a day at work but Id rather pull up figurative "big girl panties" lol
  • bassanne
    bassanne Posts: 56
    Options
    My husband and I went for a motorcycle ride, and my leather coat fits much better this season already. Still have a ways to go before it is completely comfortable, but much better, and HE NOTICED.
  • Karalopolous
    Options
    My husband came up behind me and grabbed my waist to tickle me and goes "Wow, you are getting thin" :blushing: :love: :happy: :smile: :drinker:
  • suavequeen
    suavequeen Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Endurance spike and my pants that slip off easily! I was surprised at how my shoes are big on me too!
  • JustCallMeJaz
    JustCallMeJaz Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I agree... i feel great now that the towels at the gym cover me without me having to use 2 of them!! I thought I was the only one excited about the towel thing!
  • KellyLin62
    Options
    Got out of bed this am at 6:10 at 6:25 had my DVD in and was working out with Chalene...22 nd day !!! So happy!!! Found a wonderful protein source! I'm eating enough everyday no more starvation /binge mode!
  • Mehagon
    Mehagon Posts: 83
    Options
    Most recent ones:
    * bought my first bikini!!!! Can't pull off the bottoms yet, but can rock the top with some board shorts. :)
    * and even though slightly related to the scale, it's a huge mind shift for me. . . . no more binging and seeking out bad food!!! I see myself in the mirror and like myself. :)
  • jching29
    jching29 Posts: 163
    Options
    Being able to move the little hook on my bra back one notch! Also, fitting into all my old pairs of jeans, realizing that I've dropped a few shirt sizes, and being able to do many squats in a row without pausing for breath!
  • Kellster30
    Kellster30 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I have a couple NSV's:
    - I put on shorts last week that were too tight last summer and now they won't stay up...I can take them off without un-doing the buttons
    - My fiancé looked at me a couple days ago and said "Your legs are getting skinnier...I can start to see a gap between them" (this is awesome for me...my thighs have always been big and rubbed together!!)
    - My fiancé hugged me last night and said "Wow..you're really getting skinny!" - compliments from him mean the most to me :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!