The 7 day cabbage soup diet

Options
nisijam5
nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
I am interested in this 7 day cabbage soup diet.

http://www.cabbage-soup-diet.com/download-your-free-report/

Has anyone tried it?

I am expecting that I will have to jazz up the soup and make it more palatable. I am also expecting that I will have a lot of gas from the cabbage. Right now, I am not sure that I even would like cabbage in a soup.

Any thoughts?

Replies

• bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    Ive tried it but I LOVE cooked cabbage. Its okay to jumpstart a program but you cant stay on it very long. Most people will lose a lot of weight the first week they are on any diet and then the losses decline from there. Obviously the best diets are not diets but lifestyle change but it wont hurt you if you want to do something to get you motivated.
  • SilentRenegade
    SilentRenegade Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I like the soup (if that website uses the same recipe I use). However, I wouldn't eat only that for 7 days. Sure you'd probably lose (crap out) some weight, but at the same time it's not sustainable. It's pretty much an extremely low calorie diet, because you can have like 4 cups of that soup for 170 calories or something crazy like that. So after, you might gain all of the weight back when you start eating normally. I could be wrong...

I use it as a lunch or as a small snack before going out so I don't overeat when I go out. It's also a nice side soup with lunch or dinner. It's very tasty, especially if you add hot sauce. ;)
  • bizgirl26
    Options
    :sick: Oh and yes you can be very gassy if you dont eat a lot of vegetables now.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    I did this back in the mid-90's--my mom was doing it so I decided to give it a whirl. I liked the soup, but holy shi!t, get beano. Also, I couldn't stick with it for the 7 days. I think it's a crash-diety, so anything you lose, you're likely to gain back. Sorry, babe.
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    I did this back in the mid-90's--my mom was doing it so I decided to give it a whirl. I liked the soup, but holy shi!t, get beano. Also, I couldn't stick with it for the 7 days. I think it's a crash-diety, so anything you lose, you're likely to gain back. Sorry, babe.

VERY crash diety.
  • femmi1120
    femmi1120 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I've tried this many many times. Yes you will will lose weight (7-10 lbs in a week for me), but like any crash diet, it's mostly water weight and it'll come right back on. Not worth it, imo.
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I am interested in this 7 day cabbage soup diet.

http://www.cabbage-soup-diet.com/download-your-free-report/

Has anyone tried it?

I am expecting that I will have to jazz up the soup and make it more palatable. I am also expecting that I will have a lot of gas from the cabbage. Right now, I am not sure that I even would like cabbage in a soup.

Any thoughts?

Cabbage soup for seven days....NO THANKS. Just stick a screwdriver in my ear before the second day please, and thank you!
  • lschuttem
    lschuttem Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    pretty sure that cabbage soup diet was invented for people who need to lose weight fast in an emergency, like before surgery or something. i could be wrong tho but thats what ive always heard
  • nisijam5
    Options
    The first day is soup and fruits

The second day is soup and veggies (1 potato)

The third day is soup, fruits & veggies

Fourth day, soup, add bananas & skim milk

Fifth day, soup, add tomatoes and meat

Sixth day, soup, steak and green leafy veggies

Seventh day, brown rice, unsweetened cranberry juice veggies

So, it's not super restricted to just soup...
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    You'll just lose a ton of water weight and be miserable. It's just really unnecessary. Think LONG-TERM for real results. :flowerforyou:
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    When I was a teenager just going en pointe in ballet (aka toe dancing), I did it. I don't know if I lasted 7 days. It's hard for me to even want to eat 2 days worth of leftovers.

I did lose weight but it all eventually came back because it didn't teach me anything about portion control or calories.

The one I did you could supposedly eat it as much, and as often as you wanted. Which doesn't really help when you stop because you're then mentally thinking you're hungry all the time and used to eating whenever you feel that way.
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    We actually use this in hospitals when we need a large patient to lose weight quickly in a short period of time for surgery. It is not a lifestyle. It is not forever, and it is not for people who just WANT to lose weight. Modify your lifestyle instead of fad or crash diets.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Any thoughts?

1. invest in air freshener
    2. expect to last two days - tops
    3. have your fridge ready with lots of healthy food for when you come to your senses

:flowerforyou:
  • bizgirl26
    Options
    pretty sure that cabbage soup diet was invented for people who need to lose weight fast in an emergency, like before surgery or something. i could be wrong tho but thats what ive always heard

Yes I know someone that was recommended this before a surgery by their physician. They did manage to keep the weight off but they changed their lifestyle accordingly. It might be okay if all you needed to lose was 5 pounds but you certainly cant do it and then expect to go back to eating what you did before or you will gain the weight back. I have to say though I am a weird one because I liked the taste and have made it to eat for lunch but the actual diet is very strict and I think making permanent changes you can live with forever is better.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    My fridge is full of healthy foods already...I eat lots veggies, meats, fruits...I was thinking it's more like a flush than a fad diet
  • bizgirl26
    Options
    [/quote]

1. invest in air freshener
    [/quote]

LMFAO
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    The first day is soup and fruits

The second day is soup and veggies (1 potato)

The third day is soup, fruits & veggies

Fourth day, soup, add bananas & skim milk

Fifth day, soup, add tomatoes and meat

Sixth day, soup, steak and green leafy veggies

Seventh day, brown rice, unsweetened cranberry juice veggies

So, it's not super restricted to just soup...

Since when are bananas not fruit? And if your mind's made up just do it and stop looking for people on this forum to rationalize it for you.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    My fridge is full of healthy foods already...I eat lots veggies, meats, fruits...I was thinking it's more like a flush than a fad diet

You know what I do to "flush"? I have working organs.
  • nisijam5
    Options

Yes I know someone that was recommended this before a surgery by their physician. They did manage to keep the weight off but they changed their lifestyle accordingly. It might be okay if all you needed to lose was 5 pounds but you certainly cant do it and then expect to go back to eating what you did before or you will gain the weight back. I have to say though I am a weird one because I liked the taste and have made it to eat for lunch but the actual diet is very strict and I think making permanent changes you can live with forever is better.

Of course, you have to learn to eat good foods. I was thinking if anyone did it has a kind of detox flushing. I know, I know, that's what your liver is for.