Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I declare today: National "THROW YOUR SCALES OUT A MOVING VE

Replies

• graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    The scale is more of a nightmare if you fret over the fluctuations you get from day to day, which I tend to do.
    I find I only have to eat a bit closer to weigh in, to have a Ib up, or to have had a bread or oat product and find it is up.
    I do wish it remained exactly the same from day to day, but it doesn't seem to happen.
    I was 125.8 yesterday, and same time today I was 126.6. :/
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,474 Member
    i still do not own a scale.
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    i am only going to weigh when i go to the Dr. otherwise i get so depressed with little or no progress i just want to give up. I made a big decision today, i set my ticker back to 0, as i have not been doing anything in the way of continuing on this journey i started way back in 2009. I am considering this day 1 of a new journey!!!!
  • I HATE my scale! Actually, it's not the scale's fault, but I live in an old house and the floors are uneven. So I can't get an accurate read ANYWHERE!! I try to just weigh myself 1x a week at the gym, but just out of morbid curiosity I step on my scale.
    Depending on where I put it - I can weigh 4 - 8lbs more than what I usually do.

My husband just picks a spot and uses it as a gauge, but I NEED a specific correct number lol
  • MeekMeals
    MeekMeals Posts: 517 Member
    i am only going to weigh when i go to the Dr. otherwise i get so depressed with little or no progress i just want to give up. I made a big decision today, i set my ticker back to 0, as i have not been doing anything in the way of continuing on this journey i started way back in 2009. I am considering this day 1 of a new journey!!!!

Good for you! Much success to you in your "new" journey!!!
  • MeekMeals
    I HATE my scale! Actually, it's not the scale's fault, but I live in an old house and the floors are uneven. So I can't get an accurate read ANYWHERE!! I try to just weigh myself 1x a week at the gym, but just out of morbid curiosity I step on my scale.
    Depending on where I put it - I can weigh 4 - 8lbs more than what I usually do.

My husband just picks a spot and uses it as a gauge, but I NEED a specific correct number lol

i like weighing in at the gym too! getting rid of my at home scale eases so much stress. Although I still stress during the gym's weigh in as well. lol!!! It's a personal struggle that i think alot of us deal with. we've been brainwashed for so long by the fda and other government agencies that try to tell us how to eat and what magic # we should weigh. Yes weight does matter, but lean muscle mass and eating good stuff and not the bad stuff should matter more. Don't mind my babbling these are things I have to tell myself everyday to help me in my journey! LOL!
  • chachadiva150
    chachadiva150 Posts: 453 Member
    I love my scale. You have to divorce your emotions from the number. The only power the number has is the power you give it.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,339 Member
    I don't want to waste the 20 bucks... sorry
  • I gave my boyfriend my scale to hide until next "weigh day" otherwise I want to check my weight daily and get discouraged. It's so self destructive. I had the hardest time when I was doing the Curves workouts to wait the whole MONTH until the next weigh/measure day, especially when those numbers didn't move as far as I thought they should.
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,290 Member
    Sounds dangerous to runners and walkers on the sides of the road.
    I will wear a helmet. :flowerforyou:
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    I'm in :drinker:
  • Meliklotz
    Meliklotz Posts: 66 Member
    My scale is heavy. And topped with glass. Not sure I wanna leave that lying in the road. :/

^^
    We are doing it wrong...must weigh the scale AND deduct the weight from our own.............LMAO
  • Hope1971
    Hope1971 Posts: 110 Member
    i sneak up on my scale like a thief in the night,and step on it like Im trying not to break the eggs on it somehow thinking i may weigh less if it doesn't notice me right way..lol

OMG..I love this..laughed so darn hard..thank you!!! haha
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,247 Member
    I loves my scales, I only visit them once per week on a Sunday though :heart:
  • oahugirl
    oahugirl Posts: 21 Member
    i have a love/hate relationship with my scale. the last few weeks i loved it. This week, not so much. I think i become obsessed with the numbers on it but i just can't "break up with it" b/c then it seems the weight slowly creeps back on....what to do, what to do. LOL
  • LilysMom28
    LilysMom28 Posts: 236 Member
    Im in!!!
  • katismiles
    katismiles Posts: 96 Member
    Sounds like fun! :) I've always wanted to throw an electornic out a car window, but my scale.... no I'm afraid I like it too much.
  • momof3boys090808
    momof3boys090808 Posts: 69 Member
    If I do read this earlier when I hated my scale . Lol I need a scale that shows body fat too bc I been running and working out alot, I'm wondering if that's why I gained a yucky pound. If scale goes up next time, I'll for sure join you on that and toss it ;) it's about how you look anyways, not the "number" :)
  • MeekMeals
    If I do read this earlier when I hated my scale . Lol I need a scale that shows body fat too bc I been running and working out alot, I'm wondering if that's why I gained a yucky pound. If scale goes up next time, I'll for sure join you on that and toss it ;) it's about how you look anyways, not the "number" :)

Good words!!