I declare today: National "THROW YOUR SCALES OUT A MOVING VE

Options

Replies

• graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    The scale is more of a nightmare if you fret over the fluctuations you get from day to day, which I tend to do.
    I find I only have to eat a bit closer to weigh in, to have a Ib up, or to have had a bread or oat product and find it is up.
    I do wish it remained exactly the same from day to day, but it doesn't seem to happen.
    I was 125.8 yesterday, and same time today I was 126.6. :/
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    i still do not own a scale.
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    i am only going to weigh when i go to the Dr. otherwise i get so depressed with little or no progress i just want to give up. I made a big decision today, i set my ticker back to 0, as i have not been doing anything in the way of continuing on this journey i started way back in 2009. I am considering this day 1 of a new journey!!!!
  • happythermia
    Options
    I HATE my scale! Actually, it's not the scale's fault, but I live in an old house and the floors are uneven. So I can't get an accurate read ANYWHERE!! I try to just weigh myself 1x a week at the gym, but just out of morbid curiosity I step on my scale.
    Depending on where I put it - I can weigh 4 - 8lbs more than what I usually do.

My husband just picks a spot and uses it as a gauge, but I NEED a specific correct number lol
  • tameka1220
    tameka1220 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    i am only going to weigh when i go to the Dr. otherwise i get so depressed with little or no progress i just want to give up. I made a big decision today, i set my ticker back to 0, as i have not been doing anything in the way of continuing on this journey i started way back in 2009. I am considering this day 1 of a new journey!!!!

Good for you! Much success to you in your "new" journey!!!
  • tameka1220
    Options
    I HATE my scale! Actually, it's not the scale's fault, but I live in an old house and the floors are uneven. So I can't get an accurate read ANYWHERE!! I try to just weigh myself 1x a week at the gym, but just out of morbid curiosity I step on my scale.
    Depending on where I put it - I can weigh 4 - 8lbs more than what I usually do.

My husband just picks a spot and uses it as a gauge, but I NEED a specific correct number lol

i like weighing in at the gym too! getting rid of my at home scale eases so much stress. Although I still stress during the gym's weigh in as well. lol!!! It's a personal struggle that i think alot of us deal with. we've been brainwashed for so long by the fda and other government agencies that try to tell us how to eat and what magic # we should weigh. Yes weight does matter, but lean muscle mass and eating good stuff and not the bad stuff should matter more. Don't mind my babbling these are things I have to tell myself everyday to help me in my journey! LOL!
  • chachadiva150
    chachadiva150 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I love my scale. You have to divorce your emotions from the number. The only power the number has is the power you give it.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I don't want to waste the 20 bucks... sorry
  • chrisy0316
    Options
    I gave my boyfriend my scale to hide until next "weigh day" otherwise I want to check my weight daily and get discouraged. It's so self destructive. I had the hardest time when I was doing the Curves workouts to wait the whole MONTH until the next weigh/measure day, especially when those numbers didn't move as far as I thought they should.
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Sounds dangerous to runners and walkers on the sides of the road.
    I will wear a helmet. :flowerforyou:
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    I'm in :drinker:
  • Meliklotz
    Meliklotz Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    My scale is heavy. And topped with glass. Not sure I wanna leave that lying in the road. :/

^^
    We are doing it wrong...must weigh the scale AND deduct the weight from our own.............LMAO
  • Hope1971
    Hope1971 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    i sneak up on my scale like a thief in the night,and step on it like Im trying not to break the eggs on it somehow thinking i may weigh less if it doesn't notice me right way..lol

OMG..I love this..laughed so darn hard..thank you!!! haha
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I loves my scales, I only visit them once per week on a Sunday though :heart:
  • oahugirl
    oahugirl Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    i have a love/hate relationship with my scale. the last few weeks i loved it. This week, not so much. I think i become obsessed with the numbers on it but i just can't "break up with it" b/c then it seems the weight slowly creeps back on....what to do, what to do. LOL
  • LilysMom28
    LilysMom28 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Im in!!!
  • katismiles
    katismiles Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Sounds like fun! :) I've always wanted to throw an electornic out a car window, but my scale.... no I'm afraid I like it too much.
  • momof3boys090808
    momof3boys090808 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    If I do read this earlier when I hated my scale . Lol I need a scale that shows body fat too bc I been running and working out alot, I'm wondering if that's why I gained a yucky pound. If scale goes up next time, I'll for sure join you on that and toss it ;) it's about how you look anyways, not the "number" :)
  • tameka1220
    Options
    If I do read this earlier when I hated my scale . Lol I need a scale that shows body fat too bc I been running and working out alot, I'm wondering if that's why I gained a yucky pound. If scale goes up next time, I'll for sure join you on that and toss it ;) it's about how you look anyways, not the "number" :)

Good words!!